Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Then why not just trade for that asset straight up? Why trade Weber to get an asset only to turn around and trade for yet another asset?

Weber isn't as good an asset as Nylander.

And sure maybe a 3-way deal could happen.

Ultimately, Nylander is a better asset than any of our young dmen and thus could be used to get a young stud dman.

Having said that, with the emergence of Kotkaniemi, if one of Suzuki, Poehling, or Olofsen is a #2 center, we're set at center for the next 10 years:

Kotkanimei
Suzuki/Poehling/Olofsen
Danault
DLR

And, although we have a lot of good wingers, we only have two really good ones: Drouin and Gallagher. (Domi, Lehkonen, Hudon, Armia, Byron, Tatar and Scherbak haven't demonstrated they can be 1st line wingers). Adding a winger of Nylander's caliber would really help us a lot.

And lastly Timmins is one of the top 2 scouts at finding dmen. I expect the gravy train of dmen to continue.
Subban McDonagh
Sergachev Streit (62 point all-star )
Mete Juulsen
Beaulieu Emelin, Y. Weber

Finding first line forwards is more difficult

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Weber isn't as good an asset as Nylander.

And sure maybe a 3-way deal could happen.

Ultimately, Nylander is a better asset than any of our young dmen and thus could be used to get a young stud dman.

Having said that, with the emergence of Kotkaniemi, if one of Suzuki, Poehling, or Olofsen is a #2 center, we're set at center for the next 10 years:

Kotkanimei
Suzuki/Poehling/Olofsen
Danault
DLR

And, although we have a lot of good wingers, we only have two really good ones: Drouin and Gallagher. (Domi, Lehkonen, Hudon, Armia, Byron, Tatar and Scherbak haven't demonstrated they can be 1st line wingers). Adding a winger of Nylander's caliber would really help us a lot.

And lastly Timmins is one of the top 2 scouts at finding dmen. I expect the gravy train of dmen to continue.
Subban McDonagh
Sergachev Streit (62 point all-star )
Mete Juulsen
Beaulieu Emelin, Y. Weber

Finding first line forwards is more difficult

We need another high end D or center. He’s neither. We don’t need Nylander so we blow our best trade chip for an asset we don’t need??

Reactions: mariolemieux66

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
We need another high end D or center. He’s neither. We don’t need Nylander so we blow our best trade chip for an asset we don’t need??

With Kotkaniemi, Suzuki,Danault, DLR and maybe Poehling and Olofson, we're actually in a good position moving forward at center.

And, there's no way we're getting a center prospect for Weber. And Nylander could get more than anything Weber could get.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
To MTL: William Nylander
To TOR: Shea Weber + Victor Mete or Noah Juulsen

Would be much better if we could do Weber + a winger. But which winger with Weber would get us Nylander?

Yeah let's draw up a bunch of trades with palyers we want to get rid of going the other way and players everyone in the league wants and aren't even available coming to us.

Is this like a contradiction contest with yourself ?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Is this like a contradiction contest with yourself ?

A back and forth discussion with posters, not simply staking a position and sticking to it without discussing the underlying issues, like a lot of posters do. That's how trade negotiations go too, fyi

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
With Kotkaniemi, Suzuki,Danault, DLR and maybe Poehling and Olofson, we're actually in a good position moving forward at center.

And, there's no way we're getting a center prospect for Weber. And Nylander could get more than anything Weber could get.

I’m sorry, who says Weber can’t get us a center? You? How about a D?

Can Weber only fetch assets we don’t need? If so, why trade him and create an even larger hole while not patching another?

So many questions and so few answers from you.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
thats arguable... i think our C depth is almost set in stone, specially if you consider a top 5 pick this year.

High End LHD and after HIGH END RW are much bigger need after the upcoming draft!

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
thats arguable... i think our C depth is almost set in stone, specially if you consider a top 5 pick this year.

High End LHD and after HIGH END RW are much bigger need after the upcoming draft!

The nice part about centers is that they can play the wing. Wingers can’t normally play center. That’s why you can never have too many centers. All three forward positions can be filled by centers if you wanted.

Seeing as we have an abundance of young forward prospects, trading a guy like Weber better yield you a top end D or top end C or don’t bother. A hole he leaves behind can’t be filled by anyone in the organization currently or prospect wise. Yet we have as you pointed out a ton of young centers and forwards.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
The nice part about centers is that they can play the wing. Wingers can’t normally play center. That’s why you can never have too many centers. All three forward positions can be filled by centers if you wanted.

Seeing as we have an abundance of young forward prospects, trading a guy like Weber better yield you a top end D or top end C or don’t bother. A hole he leaves behind can’t be filled by anyone in the organization currently or prospect wise. Yet we have as you pointed out a ton of young centers and forwards.
Yes it is harder for Winger to play Center than the way around but i disagree that All centers can play wing, even the great one, Some players are just meant to be everywhere on the ice! I would draft an other Center this year as i think yes Suzuki could end up at wing, after him we have Ylonen and thats pretty much it. I'm not a fan of having 3 LH player on the same line! we realy need to draft more RH talent upfront!

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Yes it is harder for Winger to play Center than the way around but i disagree that All centers can play wing, even the great one, Some players are just meant to be everywhere on the ice! I would draft an other Center this year as i think yes Suzuki could end up at wing, after him we have Ylonen and thats pretty much it. I'm not a fan of having 3 LH player on the same line! we realy need to draft more RH talent upfront!

Irrelevant. We don’t need wingers and centers are far more valuable in any case. Weber for nearly any winger is a bad trade. High end center or D or nothing.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I’m sorry, who says Weber can’t get us a center? You? How about a D?

Can Weber only fetch assets we don’t need? If so, why trade him and create an even larger hole while not patching another?

So many questions and so few answers from you.

Watch Mitch Marner tonight and tell me gettingan elite, small winger who's in his early 20s for a 33 year old slowing down, and often injured dman isn't a good deal.

And yes, if Weber can get us a high quality center you get the center.

I'm more concerned about getting the highest quality young assets for the future when we draft and trade our veterans than drafting and trading for need. And as I said, Timmins has consistently drafted excellent dmen. I don't see that stopping. Recently: Sergachev, Mete, and Juulsen, plus Brook, Fleury and company.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
MB needs to be working the phones aggressively with Murray in Anaheim.

with their roster (and all that cap space tied into Perry, Getzlaf/Kesler... 24M$!!) they need to be thinking compete now, and perry going down for 5 months hurts.

they've got cap space to work with, and clear need for some scoring help on the wing.

Larsson, Ritchie and their 1st are all attractive assets for us... would have been an ideal trading partner for Byron (pre-extension)... wonder if they'd bite on Tatar and give up two of those pieces in the process?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No, Scherby has little to no value at the moment

I'd be looking at the same draft year or a year after to try to see if a team has a young LD who has similar potential but has not reached it yet (like Scherbak). Not sure how high the Flyers are with Sanheim but I wonder if they would bite. Scherbak+ for Sanheim. The plus could be Lindgren, Schlemko, Ikonen.... pieces like this.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I'd be looking at the same draft year or a year after to try to see if a team has a young LD who has similar potential but has not reached it yet (like Scherbak). Not sure how high the Flyers are with Sanheim but I wonder if they would bite. Scherbak+ for Sanheim. The plus could be Lindgren, Schlemko, Ikonen.... pieces like this.

Maybe if we take Gritty off their hands, Philly might say yes..

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Maybe if we take Gritty off their hands, Philly might say yes..

haha.

But honestly, how good is Sanheim and do you see that as a good move for both teams? I realize the Habs need to add but might be a good lateral move for both teams. Sanheim is a fringe 3rd pairing D on that team.

Best return for Scherbak is to try to get a 2nd round pick or try to get a former 1st round pick with similar potential but has not reached it yet.

zBMSRhL.jpg

Reactions: CapSpace

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
haha.

But honestly, how good is Sanheim and do you see that as a good move for both teams? I realize the Habs need to add but might be a good lateral move for both teams. Sanheim is a fringe 3rd pairing D on that team.

Best return for Scherbak is to try to get a 2nd round pick or try to get a former 1st round pick with similar potential but has not reached it yet.

Sanheim put up almost a point per game in the AHL last year, i doubt the Flyers are ready to let him go.

But as i said many times lately, there's a trade to be made. Not saying it's Scherbak and it could also be guys like DLR, Hudon, Benn, Schlemko and even Lehkonen, Shaw or Armia, but if Kotkaniemi makes the team, then Bergevin will have to find a trde partner soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->