Proposal: Trade proposal thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
If he's willing to fulfill this, I wouldn't mind Henrik for a couple of years. He's on the decline sure, but the guy is a warrior and would help solidify the Center position for us while our youngsters continue to develop and we look for other solutions.

By him moving, he'd actually be helping the Wings rebuild. He loves Detroit and the organization, so it would be like a mutual gift. Something to consider anyways.

He's on the decline no doubt but 68 points is nothing to scoff at. Especially when you look at his team. It's better than anyone on the habs. The guy is also great in the playoffs historically and has lots of experience.

I wonder what they'd want for him? Habs may as well go for it at this point. Zetterberg- Chucky - Danault is a good center line.

Deebs

Let's swim to the moon
Feb 5, 2014
He's on the decline no doubt but 68 points is nothing to scoff at. Especially when you look at his team. It's better than anyone on the habs. The guy is also great in the playoffs historically and has lots of experience.

I wonder what they'd want for him? Habs may as well go for it at this point. Zetterberg- Chucky - Danault is a good center line.

They need pretty much everything including cap space help and I'd hate to give up a 1st, but I'm sure that's on their list. I don't know if we have the assets to part with while keeping a few of our top end prospects.

Oct 22, 2012
Yeah for sure, it would have to make sense on our behalf cause like you said, giving up some of our top prospect just sets us back later on.

If Zetterberg retires after 2 years (if we traded for him), would we eat that leftover $12M or does Detroit because they signed him to the deal?

Detroit eats it, capgeeks buyout calculator says 5.4 per year but I may have read different elsewhere.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Detroit eats it, capgeeks buyout calculator says 5.4 per year but I may have read different elsewhere.

What the penalty essentially does is force a team into buying out one of these "we'll fool you contracts". In Zetterberg's case, if the penalty for retirement is 5.4M per and the Cap hit absorbed on the buyout is less than half that at 2.028M per, only over four years instead of two, I think it's a no contest, unless you have tons of Cap space and would rather get the Cap hit off the books sooner.

It just gets extremely tricky then the initial team has to eat the Cap penalty. It also doesn't entirely make sense because the team that traded for this player and his contract would've been aware that the Cap penalty gets transferred and would've benefitted from the artificially low Cap hit as well in the meantime.

The curse for cheating would be that a team might have less of a chance being able to trade this contract because of the transferable Cap penalty if the player retired early.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
What the penalty essentially does is force a team into buying out one of these "we'll fool you contracts". In Zetterberg's case, if the penalty for retirement is 5.4M per and the Cap hit absorbed on the buyout is less than half that at 2.028M per, only over four years instead of two, I think it's a no contest, unless you have tons of Cap space and would rather get the Cap hit off the books sooner.

It just gets extremely tricky then the initial team has to eat the Cap penalty. It also doesn't entirely make sense because the team that traded for this player and his contract would've been aware that the Cap penalty gets transferred and would've benefitted from the artificially low Cap hit as well in the meantime.

The curse for cheating would be that a team might have less of a chance being able to trade this contract because of the transferable Cap penalty if the player retired early.

The problem with those crooked contracts it's that it gives you close to no relieve on the cap if you buy them out.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
its simply not easy to make trades anymore,too dependent on cap space. if you want something,but only willing to get rid of player x or x,etc,and then taking in account of the cap,difficult! Ideally a true proven 1c or # 1LD,but who is expendable for the Habs? Opinions will vary but I'd be willing to part with: Plecks,Byron,Shaw,Gallagher,Patch,Price,big money so able to acquire the aforementioned requirements that can already be pretty much replaced,a side from Byron whom is a super deal and one that I'd like to keep,for the money,but other teams would probably desire,again,for the money and tools that he brings. The only other one would be Patch as Price is just too much......... Price? as are Shaw,Gallagher,Plecks.
Guess some teams would like to get Lek, Patch,Galchy,Drouin,Byron.,so limeted pool to be able to make a transaction. But getting Scheiffle or Barkov or Traverses would be great.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
What incentive would Zetterberg have? He's probably content with the Cups and awards he's already won and retiring in the only NHL city and home he knows. I love the guy, but I don't think he'd have the motivation to be the same type of warrior for the Habs. At least someone like Giroux has something to prove.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Last playoffs, we had three forwards who were obvious in heart/hustle, playoff hunger and delivery...Radulov, Gallagher, and Lehkonen (and Pleks for once scored a huge goal in playoffs, but still wasn't part of the big three).

I keep Gallagher, unless it's a center (Duchene) you shouldn't (imo) refuse for Gallagher. I don't have a crystal ball, but my money (Canadian Tire money!) is on Duchene (vs R. Nugent-Hopkins)...for playoff warrior/winner.

Not so sure about RNH in playoffs...I'd lean towards Duchene for playoffs...even though some of you will look at Matt's stats and think otherwise.
(I could be wrong about Duchene! my ego would be ok with it!).

I'd prefer to find a way to get Duchene AND keep Gallagher! (not easy, but...not impossible).

And, if Drouin AND Galchenyuk can be good CENTERS for us...why trade Gallagher for RNH, when maybe Drouin and Galchenyuk can be, will be better than RNH...especially in playoffs (Drouin's last 16 playoff games with Tampa were amazing...major playoff winner/warrior...major....I just hope he displays the same passion/grit/heart with us in playoffs).

Duchene for Pacioretty.
(we'd be way better in playoffs, imo).

Pleks (we eat $1-2mil) for __?__.

Best C depth in a long time:
<Drouin (center or winger?)
<Duchene (center/winger)
<Galchenyuk (center/wingera
<Danault (center/winger)

No question I would prefer Duchene than Nudge.

But what I noticed the most in the series against the Rangers was that that hustle by Gallagher and Shaw resulted at nothing against those very bland NYR.

It worked only with Radu but he was a special talent.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Yes and he can also play hockey,Vegas are looking for young players as their GM McPhee has said Marchessault is in the last year of his contract he will be traded.:shakehead

McCarron is not quick and will always be a step behind.

Don't expect him to be any more than a fringe NHLer.

Even though he is small, Marchessault is only 26 years old and scored 51 pts last year. He'll go for more than McCarron.

Last edited:

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
If the Wings are actually willing to deal Zetterberg he's gotta be a target. Main board ask is generally a late 1st + decent prospect or a young C or D.

I think if you can get Zetterberg for something like a 1st + prospect you jump all over it. He's still producing, the recapture is on Detroit, he's got a reasonable cap hit, and he's an elite 2 way C.

I watched a bunch of Zetterberg highlights from the past season. He's still playing at a very high level. He played well with guys like Mantha and Tatar. I think he'd be good with Galchenyuk and/or Drouin. I'd try this:

Lehkonen - Zetterberg - Galchenyuk
Pacioretty - Danault - Drouin
Byron - Plekanec - Gallagher
Hudon - Mitchell - Shaw
Martinsen, Hemsky

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
If the Wings are actually willing to deal Zetterberg he's gotta be a target. Main board ask is generally a late 1st + decent prospect or a young C or D.

I think if you can get Zetterberg for something like a 1st + prospect you jump all over it. He's still producing, the recapture is on Detroit, he's got a reasonable cap hit, and he's an elite 2 way C.

I watched a bunch of Zetterberg highlights from the past season. He's still playing at a very high level. He played well with guys like Mantha and Tatar. I think he'd be good with Galchenyuk and/or Drouin. I'd try this:

Lehkonen - Zetterberg - Galchenyuk
Pacioretty - Danault - Drouin
Byron - Plekanec - Gallagher
Hudon - Mitchell - Shaw
Martinsen, Hemsky

Some might consider giving the #1 pick and a prospect a little much for a short time fix that wouldn't necessarily put us over the top. But there's no denying that, if you can get Zetterberg without losing anyone from your current roster, the team is obviously better for it.

Who play where with whom is just semantics after that.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Ok at this point with the rumours that are circulating I have to ask:

Why do we not load 6 million dollars into a catapult and launch it through Athanasious front window?

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Ok at this point with the rumours that are circulating I have to ask:

Why do we not load 6 million dollars into a catapult and launch it through Athanasious front window?

6M for a guy who's not even established in the league? Come on...

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
6M for a guy who's not even established in the league? Come on...

Man, do you know anything about him? I don't mean to sound disrespectful but would you know world class talent if it hit you in the face?

Look at everything about him, look at his stats watch his games, watch his highlights. He is better than anything talent wise we are even sniffing Drouin aside. He makes Lehkonen look like a chump, and Lehkonen is likely to get 4.5.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Man, do you know anything about him? I don't mean to sound disrespectful but would you know world class talent if it hit you in the face?

Look at everything about him, look at his stats watch his games, watch his highlights. He is better than anything talent wise we are even sniffing Drouin aside. He makes Lehkonen look like a chump, and Lehkonen is likely to get 4.5.

So what exactly do you know about him? You watched his highlights on youtube?

His stats? What about those stats? 51 points in 83 GP at the AHL level? Or 43 P in 101 GP at the NHL level?

6M , what a joke really...

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013

His stats? What about those stats? 51 points in 83 GP at the AHL level? Or 43 P in 101 GP at the NHL level?

I've seen alot more than his highlights on you tubes thanks for assuming though man.

6 Million, why?

1. He can play center, and in my opinion will be a center.

2. He's an RFA we are talking offer sheet here, you don't come into an offer sheet with a low ball offer.

3. Most hockey minds would agree that he is a budding star in this league.

4. Talent, he has it, he has talent that can't be learned and that is clear to see.

I'd love to have a conversation with you, but you definitely have no idea what you're talking about my friend have a good night.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013

And by the way, his stats show signs of a guy about to break out huge who was getting very limited ice time on a conservative Detroit team.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I've seen alot more than his highlights on you tubes thanks for assuming though man.

6 Million, why?

2. He's an RFA we are talking offer sheet here, you don't come into an offer sheet with a low ball offer.

4. Talent, he has it, he has talent that can't be learned and that is clear to see.

I'd love to have a conversation with you, but you definitely have no idea what you're talking about my friend have a good night.

Dude, I'm not saying the kid is a scrub but he's not worth 6M per year! :shakehead

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008

6 Million, why?

6Million to Athanasiou AND First-, second-, and third-round pick...

Men... Good night for sure! Did you check who is getting 6M? RHN is overpayed at 6M... Athanasiou has not proved anything close to the value of 6M... and 1+2+3 round pick...

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013

Men... Good night for sure! Did you check who is getting 6M? RHN is overpayed at 6M... Athanasiou has not proved anything close to the value of 6M... and 1+2+3 round pick...

Fair enough on the compensation aspect, you'd have to drop it below 5.8M because a first and third would be fair for AA. Mark my words this guy is going to make you jealous wherever he plays.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013

Did I check whos getting 6 million, yeah, Tomas Plekanecs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->