Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Unless for an upgrade, there is no point in trading Byron right now.
We don't need the cap space and we just become a weaker team with him gone.

Trade him or Lehkonen next summer to make room for Caufield.
His value shouldn't get any worse between now and the summer.

The only argument I would have against this is that his trade value is falling. I would like to get a 2nd for him.

Byron hasn't made a place for himself in the top 9. imo it's because we already have a small top 9 (Domi, Gallagher, Tatar, Drouin, plus Suzuki and Caufield on the way), and we can't have all small players. For example Drouin-Domi-Byron didn't work last year.

Having said all that, the game is faster than last year, and there's even less play along the wall. Perhaps Drouin-Domi-Byron can now work.

Best case scenario: Byron secures his spot next to Domi, gets at least 20 goals this year, and we're able to trade him for at least a 2nd next summer. But, it isn't looking like he's going to dot that so far.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I think Murray would be a solid addition. Questionable injury concerns, but would be a nice partner for Petry if Kulak falters, and is likely an improvement over Mete beside Weber. I wouldn't want it to happen until later in the season, as I don't see Mete bumping Chariot in a bottom pairing role and I'd hate to see him riding the bench long term. But for a playoff push, maybe run, I'd like it.

Murray with Weber
Mete with Petry
Chiarot with Fleury
Kulak #7

He have a big hole on LD if you can grab a player like Murray you do it even if we have 4 LD

Last edited:

John B

Nov 19, 2016
Apparently Minnesota could attach a young player to get rid of a bad contract. We should be all over those kind of trades.
I agree. Wouldn't mind if the Habs took on a bad contract if they could get an additional 1st or a good prospect/young player from any team provided the contract isn't too ridiculous. What bad contracts do they have though? Parise (5 yrs left @$7.5M with NMC), Rask (2 years left @$4M)? Nothing overly horrible like an Eriksson or Alzner.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Apparently Minnesota could attach a young player to get rid of a bad contract. We should be all over those kind of trades.
Ryan suter could be a nice target. His contract is similar to weber contract. Hes gonna earn low money at the last 3 years contract. Could be great beside weber

Reactions: Destopcorner

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Wondering if we could snag Puljujarvi and a small cap dumb in a trade involving Byron+... apparently Montreal received call regarding him and he hasn't been himself with all that depth chart. We've seen Suzuki play Center instead of Thomson. You could keep him there and rotate Thomson, Cousins (who i've liked so far), Weal.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Brook for Radulov? He is a Star...

Would love to see a line of Domi - Suzuki - Radulov or Drouin - KK - Radulov

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Radulov
Domi - Suzuki - Lehkonen
Byron - Poehling - Weal

Oh, yeah, and the same shitty D...

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Felt that this summer MB shoud have traded Byron instead of Shaw, AS was bringing grit and willingness to go to the dirty areas he was also great on board battles something that this team might be lacking when games are tightening up in the final strech.

Im really worried about Ti Paul right now as i don’t remember him having one single scoring chances in the first 8 games of the season, it might be time to trade him right now before that contract gets ugly!!!

Reactions: 417

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Felt that this summer MB shoud have traded Byron instead of Shaw, AS was bringing grit and willingness to go to the dirty areas he was also great on board battles something that this team might be lacking when games are tightening up in the final strech.

Im really worried about Ti Paul right now as i don’t remember him having one single scoring chances in the first 8 games of the season, it might be time to trade him right now before that contract gets ugly!!!
Byron has become redundant and MB shouldn't of offered him that deal. He's 31 and many teams are currently looking to add a top 9 forward. If Byron can be dealt for a top 4 LD, that would be magical. There are just too many similar type of forwards on this team and Suzu is finding his confidence also. I don't see where Byron fits in other than the 4th line. As for Shaw, the player is pretty banged up so trading him was actually a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->