Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I agree that it isn’t on MB radar but that doesn’t mean that it isn’t the right move..

It is the right move for the Habs, Weber and the team that needs him more than us cause his window fits their window.

A good situation can happen from this if we have insight and the guts to make the move

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Habs scouts were at Anaheim’s last game.
Cam Fowler
Hampus Lindhom
Jacob Larsson?

I would personally also love to try and acquire Jones or Comtois. This team is desperate for a top-9 forward that can play with an edge.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Desperate for mid 6 forward
Habs

Choose one

Weal, Cousins, Byron, Lehkonen

Choose one and then move the rest along.

The Habs won't win with just skill, speed, or defence because they lack the top end players to do it this year. They need to add another dimension to the team and I think physical play is the way to go - especially against teams like Toronto and TB.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Weal, Cousins, Byron, Lehkonen

Choose one and then move the rest along.

The Habs won't win with just skill, speed, or defence because they lack the top end players to do it this year. They need to add another dimension to the team and I think physical play is the way to go - especially against teams like Toronto and TB.
The Habs don't win.

Thread.

They won't win by adding middling players no matter how much you want to see it.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
The Habs don't win.

Thread.

They won't win by adding middling players no matter how much you want to see it.

Are you saying that the Habs wouldn't benefit from acquiring players that can play a physical style? Players like Comtois or Jones could be key young players to move forward with as the team develops guys like KK/Suzuki/Caufield/Romanov/etc.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
if i were bergevin i would do everything i can to somehow convince price and seattle to have a wedding (like fleury to vegas). habs need to get out from under that contract AND primeau will be ready in two years. habs will be better served with their money elsewhere

Reactions: calder candidate

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Are you saying that the Habs wouldn't benefit from acquiring players that can play a physical style? Players like Comtois or Jones could be key young players to move forward with as the team develops guys like KK/Suzuki/Caufield/Romanov/etc.
As much as pumping premium in a ferrari with no engine

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Kurz revealed on Twitter that the Canadiens have been following and scouting the Sharks pretty hard which leads him to believe it's connected to Montreal native Marc-Edouard Vlasic.
Vlasic of course is Shea Weber's regular partner during international competition. He does however hold a full no movement clause and a $7million cap hit through the 2025-26 season. Despite the cost, if he's willing to come to Montreal he could give the Canadiens' blue line a big boost.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Kurz revealed on Twitter that the Canadiens have been following and scouting the Sharks pretty hard which leads him to believe it's connected to Montreal native Marc-Edouard Vlasic.
Vlasic of course is Shea Weber's regular partner during international competition. He does however hold a full no movement clause and a $7million cap hit through the 2025-26 season. Despite the cost, if he's willing to come to Montreal he could give the Canadiens' blue line a big boost.
Vlasic is not even worth alzner 1 on 1.

Vlasic is so slow...
If the idea would be to put Vlasic and Weber on the same duo , it would be a disaster of a wheelchair duo.

7 years at 7m , jesus thats bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: habsfan891

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

From what I've seen, Kurz is just speculating with no particular basis. He's not the one who said that the Habs are heavily scouting the Sharks, it's Friedman. All Kurz does is play pretend-GM and connect Vlasic to Montreal cause he's from here. He doesn't claim any particular insider knowledge or evoke any new facts.

His tweet clearly credits Friedman:

Plus, Kurz even admits he didn't even know that Vlasic has a NMC:

Is he for real or was he being sarcastic with his NMC comment? Guy's been covering the Sharks since 2011 and works for The Athletic, he had to know that.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Time changes things. There is no way it's zero chance. Management has no plans today to trade him and I agree with that but fast forward a few months and if the Habs have a off year where we see more of the same from Weber, be prepared for it! The trade talk will pick up steam.

Am I trading him cause I don't like him? NO! I'm trading him to do a favor to the Habs, Weber, and the team that needs him more than us.
They moved earth and heaven to get him. Weber best leader in game and hardest worker. He's great with young players. Look at guy like Domi whom he turned around. More value in keeping him than what they get back. Subban went for peanuts. Vladic asking price is dirt cheap.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
if i were bergevin i would do everything i can to somehow convince price and seattle to have a wedding (like fleury to vegas). habs need to get out from under that contract AND primeau will be ready in two years. habs will be better served with their money elsewhere
Give a raise to Cap Space you mean?

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
They moved earth and heaven to get him. Weber best leader in game and hardest worker. He's great with young players. Look at guy like Domi whom he turned around. More value in keeping him than what they get back. Subban went for peanuts. Vladic asking price is dirt cheap.
its dirt cheap because his contract is terrible and hes been bad for 2y

Reactions: habsfan891
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad