Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
I wonder if the Wild might be a decent trading partner if they plan on tearing things down.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
5ft7 defensive Dman, i do not believe in this.

therefore, trade him before it’s too late.

willing to pay a lot for Anderson.

How much value would Mete have in a trade? Not by himself but if he were added to another player in a deal for a better LD.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
0 goals in 125 games , small d-man

i mean... why would he have any value?

21 years old, great skater, took shooting lessons in the summer, the "mint" thing ... Kidding aside, I was thinking a 2nd round value on the top end.

I know what you're saying tho. No one is going to value him according to the role he's been filling on the Habs.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Seriously?
Yeah seriously
Plays top minute for like an entire year , still has no goals only 21 assists in 126 games , Cant clean net because hes small and cant make solid hit due to his size

His only upside is that he skates fast , Mete would be a 3rd pair d-man anywhere in the NHL except Montreal.
The only value i could see its that he can play nhl and could fix a 5-6th spot for a rounder pick due to injuries in some team.

Hes not known to be a defensive dman and clearly hes not an offensive d-man. His uses are limited for NHL caliber.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Yeah seriously
Plays top minute for like an entire year , still has no goals only 21 assists in 126 games , Cant clean net because hes small and cant make solid hit due to his size

His only upside is that he skates fast , Mete would be a 3rd pair d-man anywhere in the NHL except Montreal.
The only value i could see its that he can play nhl and could fix a 5-6th spot for a rounder pick due to injuries in some team.

Hes not known to be a defensive dman and clearly hes not an offensive d-man. His uses are limited for NHL caliber.
Limited? Little bastard is a survivor. He plays top 2 on our team! We even drafted him and developed him! Also, he doesn’t come with the baggage of promoting fashion clothing!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Personally, I love him. Great defensively can lodge a ton of minutes. Great on transition and he’s a great skater. The only thing is that he doesn’t have a ton of offense to offer.

Sounds like a more experienced Mete.

Hopefully they pay up for a true first pairing LD.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Bergevin needs to acknowledge that nothing happened with Weber in terms of playoff success. Time for him to admit that he didn't do enough to go for it when he got older with the trade and trade Weber for young assets. Even on the slim chance that he becomes a player close to Chara when he gets older, we would need a Pasta, Marchand, Bergeron, McAvoy, and Krug/Carlo to help him out. As of this moment, I don't see any Habs player/prospect that will be as good as those guys.

I'm positive we can sucker a team by taking Weber. Lots of idiot GMs out there.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Bergevin needs to acknowledge that nothing happened with Weber in terms of playoff success. Time for him to admit that he didn't do enough to go for it when he got older with the trade and trade Weber for young assets. Even on the slim chance that he becomes a player close to Chara when he gets older, we would need a Pasta, Marchand, Bergeron, McAvoy, and Krug/Carlo to help him out. As of this moment, I don't see any Habs player/prospect that will be as good as those guys.

I'm positive we can sucker a team by taking Weber. Lots of idiot GMs out there.

I think if we retain to bring his salary down to $6.5M, the value for Weber for the next 3 or 4 years from 34-35/37 is better than fans think. Lots of teams would love to have him in the mix. But yeah, we will get the he is signed till 40 comments and those who are interested in acquiring will focus ignore the last 3 years at $1M.

Proposed a 1st, Vesalainen, and future 2nd for Weber to the Jets with retention (if Buff retires). Some say it's not enough of a return to the Habs and I agree. But I'm pretty sure we can get a few futures for Weber and allow him to go to a contender. We would need the right circumstance to trade Weber to a cup contender cause they usually don't have cap space. Another option is the Canucks

The other possibility if we keep him and his play digresses more... Do we protect him in the expansion draft? Two more seasons to evaluate.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I think if we retain to bring his salary down to $6.5M, the value for Weber for the next 3 or 4 years from 34-35/37 is better than fans think. Lots of teams would love to have him in the mix. But yeah, we will get the he is signed till 40 comments and those who are interested in acquiring will focus ignore the last 3 years at $1M.

Proposed a 1st, Vesalainen, and future 2nd for Weber to the Jets with retention (if Buff retires). Some say it's not enough of a return to the Habs and I agree. But I'm pretty sure we can get a few futures for Weber and allow him to go to a contender. We would need the right circumstance to trade Weber to a cup contender cause they usually don't have cap space. Another option is the Canucks

The other possibility if we keep him and his play digresses more... Do we protect him in the expansion draft? Two more seasons to evaluate.
No way they trade Weber. Waste of time to discuss it.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No way they trade Weber. Waste of time to discuss it.

Time changes things. There is no way it's zero chance. Management has no plans today to trade him and I agree with that but fast forward a few months and if the Habs have a off year where we see more of the same from Weber, be prepared for it! The trade talk will pick up steam.

Am I trading him cause I don't like him? NO! I'm trading him to do a favor to the Habs, Weber, and the team that needs him more than us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad