Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XXI Stayin in the Laine

Trade Domi for Laine straight up - do you do it? Assume contract agreement with Laine is in-place

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Trade Price, one of Weber or Petry, 2 of Tatar, Byron and Drouin along some of our multiple 4th round picks and up for 'A' level prospects, 1st and 2nd round picks. In 3 years we are ready to be contending and able to trade assets we have to fill holes to complete our lineup.

Last edited:
Reactions: the

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Lehkonen+Fonstad+pick

What's the value?

Say we can't get a D, could we get a LW with a good mix of size and speed to play with Domi?

I think Poehling could be used there but if we can acquire a youngish player that's established then we should do it. It would really change the top6.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Lehkonen+Fonstad+pick

What's the value?

Say we can't get a D, could we get a LW with a good mix of size and speed to play with Domi?

I think Poehling could be used there but if we can acquire a youngish player that's established then we should do it. It would really change the top6.

Why did you put Fonstad there? Can't imagine he'd have any trade value aside from a similar former late Rd pick whose made minimal progress since being drafted...

As for the rest?

Lek is likely a better hockey player than any established LW "with size and speed" that any team would be willing to move for him (unless that pick is a 1st, which I hope wasn't what you had in mind!)

Ritchie (Ahn) & Greenway (Minny) would be great targets, but suspect we'd have to pay hefty price to pry either away

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Lehkonen+Fonstad+pick

What's the value?

At this point Lehkonen's value around the league is that of a third-line winger with good two-way ability, effort, speed, versatility and still more room to grow into his own as a player, and that is impressive in its own right, but his value relative to guys that we would covet to play with Domi is unfortunately too low to be able to nab those players outright without including top picks unless we're acquiring an older, expiring asset, but that's another ballgame entirely.

Fonstad has proven nothing on his own until now and thus has extremely minimal value (a late-round pick at most) that wouldn't help move the needle much at all value-wise in a trade for a top-six wing or top-4 LHD.

All-in-all, I feel that Lehk can be part of a package to land a pretty good player with size, speed and size, but if that were to materialize, I'd expect it wouldn't be one-for-one and that the extra pieces we'd give up would hurt quite a bit to lose as well. That fact, to me, renders any trade talk for an upgrade on Lehkonen at this point a bit moot, convoluted and ''not worth it'' in the grand scheme of things.

Which brings me to this thought I have, that if we just wait another year and see what Lehk can give us with better opportunities offensively and, apparently, a renewed focus on training his shooting ability this offseason, we may not even need to look elsewhere to find ourselves a potential top-6 wing with speed to play with Domi. Even if he doesn't take the next step, we still have a pretty-awesome third-liner on our hands so it's not like we HAVE to trade him either. Just keep him, re-evaluate later and adjust if needed, trade someone else.

Last edited:
Reactions: TesseractPrice

xFRaNK

Jun 16, 2018
since some key RFA's have signed, what do you think domi's money will be on his next contract?
I really wanna see what Tkachuk signs for and because they both have a similar kind of game and both had great seasons last year.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
If Juulsen is injured, I could see the need. I prefer to see Fleury and Brook in the AHL

How serious is Juulsen injury? If minor, Folin and even Reilly can get the job done IMO.

But again, if all we are losing is Peca or Hudon, who would be waived anyway, I would be fine with it.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Lehkonen+Fonstad+pick

What's the value?

NONE.jpg

We get this

Reactions: Holystik

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
How serious is Juulsen injury? If minor, Folin and even Reilly can get the job done IMO.

But again, if all we are losing is Peca or Hudon, who would be waived anyway, I would be fine with it.

I don’t know ! But like you said, I prefer to have a player like Honka then Peca

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Hudon would make sense on our end... that's about it value-wise i'd be willing to send. Honka has stalled big time after a pretty solid pro debut at the AHL level, but a change of scenery might be what he needs to get his career back on track, still has an interesting package of skills
I'm quite surprised at how his game has stalled in the pros. His offensive game is nonexistent it appears. Like others have said, value wise I'm willing to give up fringe guys like Hudon or Peca since Honka, much like those players, is a project player at this point.

Reactions: Miller Time

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Hudon would make sense on our end... that's about it value-wise i'd be willing to send. Honka has stalled big time after a pretty solid pro debut at the AHL level, but a change of scenery might be what he needs to get his career back on track, still has an interesting package of skills

Hudon
Peca
Reilly
Folin
McCarron

Don't really care about any of these players going the other way.....used to have high hopes for Honka, picked him up in my pool 2 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->