Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Lots of talk about Mtl and Winn in trade talks involving Laine.......cant see it happening we just dont have the horses willing to give up to aquire him..

yes we do have the horses,

MB is not willing to part with those horses is all,

we arn't getting Laine who has scored more goals before the age of 21 then domi will in 5 years for Domi + a first rounder

GM's are not being fooled by one good career year Domi had, he is not as good as his numbers showed last season, and he won't repeat it,

a Laine trade starts with KK + and that is where the discussions end.....its not happening

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
yes we do have the horses,

MB is not willing to part with those horses is all,

we arn't getting Laine who has scored more goals before the age of 21 then domi will in 5 years for Domi + a first rounder

GM's are not being fooled by one good career year Domi had, he is not as good as his numbers showed last season, and he won't repeat it,

a Laine trade starts with KK + and that is where the discussions end.....its not happening

Thats what i said we dont have the horses willing to give up.....not me and I'm glad Bergevin isnt willing either

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Thats what i said we dont have the horses willing to give up.....not me and I'm glad Bergevin isnt willing either

Bergevin isn't willing to do anything, that's why we are a non-playoff team again

but hey, we tried to get a few UFA's...we tried to offer sheet....that counts for something i guess :rolleyes:

Reactions: habsfan891

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
It's like watching a movie and waiting for the climax. You know it has to come sometime, right? Something has to happen... right?? Please tell me this off-season won't be one of those arthouse films where all you see is the main character staring at his telephone for two hours, then the word, "Fin", appears and the credits roll.
Depends on the phone.

Jul 6, 2016
Bergevin isn't willing to do anything, that's why we are a non-playoff team again

but hey, we tried to get a few UFA's...we tried to offer sheet....that counts for something i guess :rolleyes:

Check out the players he had six years ago... Who's left ? Price, Gally... Who else ? Tons of changes .

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Check out the players he had six years ago... Who's left ? Price, Gally... Who else ? Tons of changes .

changes don't mean success,

why don't you look at the team we had 6 years ago,

we are not in any better position today then we were back then,

banking on suzuki and KK to be heros and saviours is not a plan

Reactions: habsfan891

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia

in Chiarot’s photos there is empty stall next to Weber with a helmet above #47. Who is that for? Nobody on the team has that number. Later when interviewing Chariot with the media the stalls are rearranged and now Petry is next the Weber.
Do I have the summer crazies?

Merci Saku

Sep 9, 2006
Longueuil, Québec

Not in better position?

This prospect pool is miles ahead of the one Bergevin had 6 years ago

Center depth is finally solve, besides the Alzner mistake, Habs are solid financially, Price is solid, Weber is a great mentor/example for all the young blood

Team is not perfect but the plan changed 3 years ago and so since then, Habs management has been stellar

I swear some of you whiners act like they could do muuuuuuch better, y’all would act emotionally

Reactions: blarneylad

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I cant believe MB will do nothing...Too many options!
Like?

It’s 100% of the time smarter to do nothing than stupid stuff, we don’t know whats available and we don’t know the price for whats available. You people are way too impatient, we aren’t a LHD next to Weber from winning a cup. especially if it’s at the cost of gutting our prospect pool. We got something realy great going on, i’d much rather be patient for 2-3 years and have a young contending teams for years than try to pull a cinderilla story. The faster you accept that Weber will be a mentor and secondary piece when montreal will actually be relevant and that Price will have 2-3 good years if he manages to stay healthy, the better it will be, good news, we have a bunch of future coming in!

Last edited:

Apeironic

Jan 10, 2019
Like?

It’s 100% of the time smarter to do nothing than stupid stuff, we don’t know whats available and we don’t know the price for whats available. You people are way too impatient, we aren’t a LHD next to Weber from winning a cup. especially if it’s at the cost of gutting our prospect pool. We got something realy great going on, i’d much rather be patient for 2-3 years and have a young contending teams for years than try to pull a cinderilla story. The faster you accept that Weber will be a mentor and secondary piece when montreal will actually be relevant and that Price will have 2-3 good years if he manages to stay healthy, the better it will be, good news, we have a bunch of future coming in!
I often remind myself of that fact, somewhat like a mantra when thinking of the Habs and I feel that reprehensible yearning for victory now. It takes the form of : When Weber is 2nd rate, we will be great.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Laine would be a great fit for us as a big sniper who can play with KK and help the PP- but I don’t want to give up Domi or Poehling. Wonder if we could build a package around Drouin, Suzuki, Caulfield, and a 1st? That would likely hold way more value than 4 1sts.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal

Wrong .
6 years ago , we didn't have half the good youngsters we have now .
It isn't Suzuki and KK . It's Suzuki , KK , Brooks, Caufield , Poehling, Primeau, Romanov, Ylönen , Drouin , Domi, etc.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Like?

Well, then you must love MB, as he had done nothing for years now, and missed the playoffs,
So I guess nothing is good,
Yes we have stuff coming, with that concept, trade Price...
Make the future even brighter,
Or
Get something to make Weber and Price's last year's worth while

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Laine would be a great fit for us as a big sniper who can play with KK and help the PP- but I don’t want to give up Domi or Poehling. Wonder if we could build a package around Drouin, Suzuki, Caulfield, and a 1st? That would likely hold way more value than 4 1sts.

Caufield doesn’t need to be included.

I like the idea of starting with Drouin and Suzuki and then perhaps a pick, and try to limit the damage from there.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
At current if our top prospects pan out with our existing players, I think within a year or two we could see something like:

Domi KK Caufield
Drouin Poehling Suzuki
Lehkonen Danault Gally

Add Laine to this and we could be in very good shape.

thegoalie39

Nov 28, 2018
If Drouin is traded it is more likely in a trade with Colorado with his connection with MacKinnon if Rantanen is still not signed by the start of the season,Colorado might decide to trade him in a package deal.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
At current if our top prospects pan out with our existing players, I think within a year or two we could see something like:

Domi KK Caufield
Drouin Poehling Suzuki
Lehkonen Danault Gally

Add Laine to this and we could be in very good shape.

thats exacly how i see our top 6 too! but depending on how some players keeps developping , Evans for example and for sure Kotkaniemi and Poehling, i would might be looking into moving Danault, the value you might bring back could be better than the difference he would have on the 3C vs Evans or an other 3C.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
If Drouin is traded it is more likely in a trade with Colorado with his connection with MacKinnon if Rantanen is still not signed by the start of the season,Colorado might decide to trade him in a package deal.
The Avs have nothing enticing beside untouchable pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad