Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Puljujarvi is the new Yakupov, courtesy of the Oilers. They really know how to draft their busts. He can stay home for all I care, looks like he has a ****** attitude and it’s not like he’s that good to begin with. I doubt he’d improve our roster and that’s saying something considering the crap team we’re projecting to ice.

When you can't produce while playing with McDavid...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Would you take a chance on Pulju?

i moved this to the trade thread since there's been a lot of talk about getting him in those threads. I don't watch the oilers so I don't know if he's worth it or not as I believe the rumored asking price was a 2nd and a prospect. Maybe with no takers that price has come down. Kid was a beast at the WJC's, you just don't see many 17 year olds get MVP in that tournament. That said you have to worry about the hips, how bad is the injury and how badly has his confidence been effected by his struggles in the NHL?

Reactions: Toene

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
probably but it makes use worse as a team down the line, handcuffs us cap-wise (and we have big contracts coming up)

How worse? you mean this year or in the future?

Next year:

Domi-KK-Marner
Tatar-Danault-Lehkonen
Drouin-Poehling-Armia
Cousins-Weal-Byron

In 2 years:

Domi-KK-Marner
Drouin-Poehling-Caufield
Tatar-Danault-Lehkonen
Byron-Cousins-Armia

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
How worse? you mean this year or in the future?

Next year:

Domi-KK-Marner
Tatar-Danault-Lehkonen
Drouin-Poehling-Armia
Cousins-Weal-Byron

In 2 years:

Domi-KK-Marner
Drouin-Poehling-Caufield
Tatar-Danault-Lehkonen
Byron-Cousins-Armia

Writing a roster on paper =/= real life.

You have to resign guys like Domi, KK, Danault etc.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Writing a roster on paper =/= real life.

You have to resign guys like Domi, KK, Danault etc.

Like TB and Toronto are doing right? you can always find some $$$, like Tatar and Petry contract are over in 2 years and if MTL doestn't have the $$$ you can also let Danault go or trade Drouin, etc.

I feel like this team would be so much fun to watch, Marner is a top5 winger in the NHL.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Like TB and Toronto are doing right? you can always find some $$$, like Tatar and Petry contract are over in 2 years and if MTL doestn't have the $$$ you can also let Danault go or trade Drouin, etc.

I feel like this team would be so much fun to watch, Marner is a top5 winger in the NHL.

That's 10M and losing those guys weakens the team. If Domi has another strong year at 1C he could easily ask for 8M+ due to the style he plays and his UFA years (and we have to worry about other contracts too). When you start adding the dollars up it's not as simple as you think.

And you cant compare TB to other markets.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Personally I don’t expect us to do better than last season the way things stand.

I would strongly consider moving Danault for the right return for two reasons

A. I expect Kotkaniemi to take a big step forward and fall into the 2C slot
B. I think Poehling has a shot of filling the 3C role by seasons end.

If we could move Danault for a good potential top pair lhd I would do it, centre will not be an issue

Jul 6, 2016
Puljujarvi is the new Yakupov, courtesy of the Oilers. They really know how to draft their busts. He can stay home for all I care, looks like he has a ****** attitude and it’s not like he’s that good to begin with. I doubt he’d improve our roster and that’s saying something considering the crap team we’re projecting to ice.

"Crap team"..... ??? Really ?

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
I would deal Lekhonen for Puljujarvi and let him grow with KK. We have a lack of RWers in the lineup. If Puljujarvi wakes up, imagine a core of Kotkaniemi, Suzuki, Caufield and Puljujarvi in your top 6, plus a stud where it looks like we’ll be picking in the top 8-10 this year.

Reactions: Jpageman

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
I would deal Lekhonen for Puljujarvi and let him grow with KK. We have a lack of RWers in the lineup.
Why?? Lehkonen is a very solid middle 6 wingers, you don't sacrifice that for a guy that can't produce playing aside the best player in the world and had both hips replaced. I give a 3rd rounder and that's all for that kind of gamble.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
Why?? Lehkonen is a very solid middle 6 wingers, you don't sacrifice that for a guy that can't produce playing aside the best player in the world and had both hips replaced. I give a 3rd rounder and that's all for that kind of gamble.

We have thousands of those middle six guys and i expect Tatar, Danault and Gallagher to form the third line in the near future. The top 6 will be formed by Suzuki, Caufield, KK, Domi, Poehling and our pick from this year. We need to buy low on potential game breakers for the top two lines. We know what Lekhonen is now and he’s a dime a dozen player who isn’t in your top 6. We can at least sell the youth and upside aspects of his value to get something we lack back. I trust KK to get the best out of Puljujarvi.

Last edited:

Jpageman

Mar 10, 2019
I would deal Lekhonen for Puljujarvi and let him grow with KK. We have a lack of RWers in the lineup. If Puljujarvi wakes up, imagine a core of Kotkaniemi, Suzuki, Caufield and Puljujarvi in your top 6, plus a stud where it looks like we’ll be picking in the top 8-10 this year.
Cole Perfetti??

Cole Caufield
Cole Perfetti
Max Domi
:sarcasm:

CCM line!

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
"Crap team"..... ??? Really ?

Yes, really. This team's easily bottom 10 as it stands right now imo. Multiple teams improved in the East so we won't just miss the playoffs by a couple points this year with pretty much the same roster minus Shaw. Defense still terrible, still lacking a top 6 winger, still lacking a top 4 LHD... I could go on and on. MB failed to improve the roster once again and we'll pay the price if he doesn't move soon. I don't see this team being anything more than a bottom feeder at the moment.

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
We have thousands of those middle six guys and i expect Tatar, Danault and Gallagher to form the third line in the near future. The top 6 will be formed by Suzuki, Caufield, KK, Domi, Poehling and our pick from this year. We need to buy low on potential game breakers for the top two lines. We know what Lekhonen is now and he’s a dime a dozen player who isn’t in your top 6. We can at least sell the youth and upside aspects of his value to get something we lack back. I trust KK to get the best out of Puljujarvi.
I still think lehkonen can become a very important player, kind of a prime years Andrew Cogliano, a guy that doesn't miss games, is a 20-20 player, extremely solid defensively and scores timely goals. I'm passing on this, if McDavid couldn't, I don't see why KK could. Plus, and I'm repeating myself here, double freaking hip replacement at 20 years old??? No thank you.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Even we don't have the confidence to talk about what a top 6 forward we should trade for, we all know MB like the 3rd liners,

any of us, could better then MB

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal

bad

Reactions: SpeedyPotato

CAR3YPR1CE

Aug 11, 2016
Klefbom Puljujarvi VS Byron Mete Fleury 3rd 2020

Laval - Varone, Juulsen, Poehling, Suzuki
ECHL - Alzner, Weise

Drouin - Domi - Gallagher
Tatar - Kotkaniemi - Puljujarvi
Lehkonen - Danault - Armia
Cousins - Thompson - Weal
Hudon - Peca

Klefbom - Weber
Chiarot - Petry
Kulak - Folin
Reilly

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Are you seeing rumors of something between Montreal and Buffalo or just making a joke?

we have made more than a few trades with Buffalo...and he's a Fin...and a young Dman .....checks the boxes....
If we get Rasmus Ristolainen...nickname " R2"..

Reactions: habsfan891

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Personally I don’t expect us to do better than last season the way things stand.

I would strongly consider moving Danault for the right return for two reasons

A. I expect Kotkaniemi to take a big step forward and fall into the 2C slot
B. I think Poehling has a shot of filling the 3C role by seasons end.

If we could move Danault for a good potential top pair lhd I would do it, centre will not be an issue

I don't know. Maybe because I have PTSD from our horrid center depth I just want to keep all our centers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad