Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
With the announcement of the draft next year in Montreal. And our team still in a retool, id like to start trying to move for the future. Shaw, petry, Byron

..the Byron and Shaw deals are bargains...those 2 guys stay

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
MB must have his Visa card ready and waiting, to buy a UFA

this friday will see MB talking to alot of gm's

but after the draft, MB will say had many talks but trades don't happen easy, and he needs to buy a dog for loyal companionship.

Reactions: habsfan891

Jul 6, 2016
Habs should test water regarding James Neal and TJ Brodie in Calgary.

I am not sure the Flames are happy with Neal (and vice versa) + they have tons of better LW. Brodie will be UFA next season and could be the ideal partner for Weber right now.

Jpageman

Mar 10, 2019
We need to move up in the draft in pick Bowen Byram

Swap our first pick with Colorado
Give one of Shaw or Byron
Picks...

Make it happen

The guy is nhl ready

Jul 6, 2016
We need to move up in the draft in pick Bowen Byram

Swap our first pick with Colorado
Give one of Shaw or Byron
Picks...

Make it happen

The guy is nhl ready

#15 pick + Shaw or Byron won't give you #4 pick OV. Colorado would be crazy to make such a deal.
And Byram could be picked at #3 by Chicago even if hey have many bright prospects on D already.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
With our young Finns, if Puljujarvi goes for something reasonable and to someone else I’ll be pissed!

Jpageman

Mar 10, 2019
#15 pick + Shaw or Byron won't give you #4 pick OV. Colorado would be crazy to make such a deal.
And Byram could be picked at #3 by Chicago even if hey have many bright prospects on D already.
Then send Drouin insted

stanley25

Jun 15, 2009
Would anyone do:

Mtl:
Byron
Ylonen
15th Oa

Oilers:
Klefbom
Puljujarvi
Unprotect 1st rounder 2020

Personaly think Byrons speed would mesh amazingly with Mcdavid

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Ehlers got skills but is kind of leave you wanting more like Drouin, he isn’t a big guy either and never step up in the playoff at 6M$ for 6 years not sure he the guy we want to target...

Only way I’d trade for Ehlers is if we traded Drouin for LD or big, scoring winger like Kreider. They’re just to similar to have on the same team and possibly same line.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
While I was on the Ghost bandwagon, I am not sure that I want us to pay what it would likely take to get him.

Some were discussing Leddy for Tatar and I also think it would be a fair deal. With that being said, Tatar is a great fit with us, I wonder if they could be interested in Byron+ for Leddy.

Puljujarvi is an option I would explore. While I don’t think they would trade him for Hudon straight up, maybe we could get it done by adding a swap of picks.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Don’t they have to be cap compliant to start the season? They still have RFA Karlsson, Gusev, Nosek and Subban to resign...even I they only sign Karlsson and Gusev and sign them all after the start of the season they still only have less than 5.25M$ to sign both of them...

You can place any LTIR contract on IR before the season starts but you have to get permission from the NHL and it comes with some complications. Read the link below.

LTIR FAQ - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Can LTIR be used in the off-season?

Yes, LTIR can be used in the off-season while the 10% off-season cushion is active. LTIR in the off-season is calculated using the basic equation outlined above, which permits a team to exceed the off-season salary cap. To use off-season LTIR the team must provide doctors proof that the player in question will continue to be injured at the beginning of the regular season for 10 NHL games and 24 calendar days.

At the start of the season the teams LTIR relief & ACSL is recalculated when the 10% cushion is removed.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
While I was on the Ghost bandwagon, I am not sure that I want us to pay what it would likely take to get him.

Some were discussing Leddy for Tatar and I also think it would be a fair deal. With that being said, Tatar is a great fit with us, I wonder if they could be interested in Byron+ for Leddy.

Puljujarvi is an option I would explore. While I don’t think they would trade him for Hudon straight up, maybe we could get it done by adding a swap of picks.

I already proposed a Byron+ offer and their fan base don't like it. I agree about how Tatar fits with our team but that's the player it might take to get Leddy.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Clarkson can be placed on LTIR before the season starts but this space affects the ELC performance bonus room I believe. As far as I can tell, this is $0 at the moment so there are no issues with them keeping Clarkson.

The issue with a cap team, that is also trying to be a contender, having a player like Clarkson on LTIR is that they don't accumulate cap space throughout the season. That's why they want to move him, so that they can have some flexibility to make deadline moves without being forced to move out the same amount of salary coming in.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The issue with a cap team, that is also trying to be a contender, having a player like Clarkson on LTIR is that they don't accumulate cap space throughout the season. That's why they want to move him, so that they can have some flexibility to make deadline moves without being forced to move out the same amount of salary coming in.

Correct, you can place the contract on LTIR before the season starts and with permission from the NHL but it comes with complications. Blackhawks traded the Hossa contract for that exact reason... it was complicated to manage around.

However, I am aware of some of the issues they would face but I believe the ELC performance bonues would be at play with the accumulated space. Right now though, cap friendly has their next season at $0 for performance bonus so it might be a bit easier to work around.

It's not a simple formula to manage around though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad