Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread :Trades That Will Happen Next

Status
Not open for further replies.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
not enough skill/size down the middle a defense build on 5/6 d and a goalie that just lost that edge......
nothing in the prospect pool to make you go ooooo, and a GM with an ego....the dark era continue

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I don't understand why we would move Chucky while his value is not at it's highest.

We need to move Max and the sooner the better, a lot of his value is that contract and time goes on I think he loses some of that. He should get us the highest return of our moveable pieces.

Plekanec and Petry are TDL moves.

Byron and Shaw should be shopped as well.

Gallagher I would move if the return is right.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
We are 5 points out of a spot. Other teams have games in hand.

We have 8 games left this year, including 7 on the road.

If we go .500 we will likely lose ground, but we must at least do that.

Several day break. MBs Hail Mary trade to try and save the season?

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
We are 5 points out of a spot. Other teams have games in hand.

We have 8 games left this year, including 7 on the road.

If we go .500 we will likely lose ground, but we must at least do that.

Several day break. MBs Hail Mary trade to try and save the season?
Trading is hard.. Hail Marys are harder.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I actually think we need to do what the Winnipeg Jets have done. They traded guys they weren't going to sign & got good returns on them: Kane & Ladd in particular.

After that, they did nothing. They had 7 picks or more each draft. They drafted in their own spot each time & they built a good prospect system. It's taken awhile but they now have a ton of talent on that team.

Chucky is our Kane. Patches is Ladd. We need to trade them both for good returns & start to build through the draft.

You're going to need an amateur drafting personnel that is upgraded. Not trusting what Bergevin has put together. Moving major pieces with Bergevin at the helm, is a crapshoot.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I don't understand why we would move Chucky while his value is not at it's highest.

We need to move Max and the sooner the better, a lot of his value is that contract and time goes on I think he loses some of that. He should get us the highest return of our moveable pieces.

His value may never be high. They tried moving him. There were no takers at Bergevins price
Galchenyuk is not a highly sought after player

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Pac and mete for ekman larsson

Pac for Joel Eriksson EK and Mike Reilly

Waive pleky or trade for a 4th round pick

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Petry is a summer move. He has a full NMC now, but this summer he has to provide Montreal with a 15 team No Trade list. I think he'd garner a lot more interest in the summer when the cap goes up.

Teams will have a lot of flexibility this summer & players like Petry will get more than at the TDL when teams are more likely to be cap strapped. Plus, he'd have to approve any deal further handicapping the Habs.

There's no rush to trade Petry now. And, the team still has to dress 18 skaters.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Im still liking a proposal based around:

Patches
Alzner

RNH
Lucic

Need a few more bits on either side but those would be core players moved.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
You're going to need an amateur drafting personnel that is upgraded. Not trusting what Bergevin has put together. Moving major pieces with Bergevin at the helm, is a crapshoot.

Definitely agree. We need some new blood & I wish MB would follow Toronto's lead here and look at promoting from the junior ranks. Toronto hired several people from the OHL. There are a few good QMJHL people we should be looking to add.

We need better scouting in Europe too.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Im still liking a proposal based around:

Patches
Alzner

RNH
Lucic

Need a few more bits on either side but those would be core players moved.
Imagine Chairelli didn't trade a fast LW who can score in Hall for Larsson? Hall was the perfect player to play with McDavid. Trades him and creates a hole.

I wonder if Habs could land Hoffman from Sens? His name got thrown around a bit during this slide. (Per Lyle Richardson).

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Imagine Chairelli didn't trade a fast LW who can score in Hall for Larsson? Hall was the perfect player to play with McDavid. Trades him and creates a hole.

I wonder if Habs could land Hoffman from Sens? His name got thrown around a bit during this slide. (Per Lyle Richardson).

We need centres. Anything but a trade for a top centre is More of the Same. The Habs may have the most wingers in the NHL

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Blues have lost Jaden Schwartz for a minimum of 6 weeks with an ankle injury. With Fabbri out all year they become a team that could look to add scoring depth.

Pacioretty to Blues for Tage Thompson (C), Jake Wallman (D), Tanner Kaspick (C), 2018 3rd round pick & 2019 1st round pick.

Philly has Blues 2018 1st round pick from the Schenn trade.

It's a lot, but do able from the Blues perspective. All 3 are good prospects but the trade doesn't touch Blues big prospects like Kyrou, Dunn & Kostin.

It also doesn't take from their current roster. Mainly futures. I believe Stastny & Pacioretty have played together on Team U.S.A & have good chemistry.

Just musing. I think Blues - Habs make good trade partners. They have a ton of prospects and are losing a lot of scorers to injury. Pacioretty would be a good pick-up for them. I can see him fitting into their system.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's a lot, but do able from the Blues perspective. All 3 are good prospects but the trade doesn't touch Blues big prospects like Kyrou, Dunn & Kostin.

It also doesn't take from their current roster. ...

Why not? Would rather get at least one big prospect. They're in a situation of need and Pacioretty provides a sweet contract. The Habs need to pounce. Same applies to any other team -- quality over quantity.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Why not? Would rather get at least one big prospect. They're in a situation of need and Pacioretty provides a sweet contract. The Habs need to pounce. Same applies to any other team -- quality over quantity.

I think Thompson is still a good prospect. He's a big center, although not particularly creative. I think he's a step below their big 3, but I think he'd be a good fit for us.

I like Dunn a lot too. If we could get Dunn, Kaspick & a 1st. I'd love it. Dunn's on their roster too, so he could step in alongside Weber right away. Kaspick has good upside, and the first would be 2019.

A third trade could be Dunn & Thompson for Pacioretty. It helps with the center depth and the LHD offensive D issue.

Either way, the Blues make good trading partners. They have a ton of good prospects and could use scoring depth.

Reactions: Runner77

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Blues have lost Jaden Schwartz for a minimum of 6 weeks with an ankle injury. With Fabbri out all year they become a team that could look to add scoring depth.

Pacioretty to Blues for Tage Thompson (C), Jake Wallman (D), Tanner Kaspick (C), 2018 3rd round pick & 2019 1st round pick.

Philly has Blues 2018 1st round pick from the Schenn trade.

It also doesn't take from their current roster. Mainly futures. I believe Stastny & Pacioretty have played together on Team U.S.A & have good chemistry.

Just musing. I think Blues - Habs make good trade partners. They have a ton of prospects and are losing a lot of scorers to injury. Pacioretty would be a good pick-up for them. I can see him fitting into their system.

If we trade Pacioretty to the Blues, i want 2 of either Kostin, Thompson and Thomas and i want a 1st round pick.

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad