Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Trade Deadline edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Well, Vanek is reborn, why not believe that Gaborik and Plecky could too?
Vanek is still and has continued to be a reasonably productive player.

Those days are long gone for Plekanec and Gaborik.

Vanek had as many points last year alone (48) than Plekanec has last year and this year combined (48).

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
As a NHL GM, your "realistic" trades would get you fired faster than Bergevin. The idea is to set the price high and see if you get a bite. If you don't, you keep Patch. Habs should be asking for Vilardi and a 1st for Patch. Lucic was a pending UFA for one year and got the 13th and 30th pick. That is very similar to Vilardi and a 1st and Patch would have an additional playoff run so he is worth more actually.

You’re right about starting with a high price. This is a test for Bergevin. A good GM knows what’s reasonable to settle for. A bad GM sells for to little. And an awful GM sits by his ridiculous asking price and gets burnt by it in the end. Plekanec is a good example as we’re hearing he wants to resign him now. I assume the only reason he would ever keep him is because other teams aren’t coming to his terms on a deal and that’s a terrible move. My biggest fear with Bergevin in the next couple of weeks is his stubborn and arrogant attitude resulting in him doing nothing if nobody pony’s up for his ridiculous asking prices. I guess we’ll see.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Vanek is still and has continued to be a reasonably productive player.

Those days are long gone for Plekanec and Gaborik.

Vanek had as many points last year alone (48) than Plekanec has last year and this year combined (48).

Vanek is a detriment to his team when he doesn't score, he needs to score to be relevant... not Plekanec... I don't even understand why these two are used in the same sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->