Proposal: Trade proposal thread - To sell or not to sell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
turn-off-your-name
Turns out I don't know how to post images.

- Google "upload image". I use Imgur
- Create account
- Drag your image into a new image window.
- Go to your account images and click on the image
- Click copy in the direct link area.
- Post on this site using the image icon. Then past your copied address.

This should work. Not exactly sure how others do it but that's how I make it work.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
DLR has nearly 100 games in the NHL. He hasn't distinguished himself in any way. If you can't stand out at all in limited, easier minutes, I'm not sure why harder minutes is going to help him. Lets not pretend he's got another offensive gear. He's never been an offensive player.
100 NHL games...where about 80 of those games he's played less then 10 mins on the 4th line with a bunch of quasi-NHLers.

Shocking he hasn't been able to be a PPG player under those circumstances.

The ONLY real chance he's gotten this year we're the back to back games against the Wings this year and what do you know...he has 4pts in those 2 games.

As for him playing harder minutes...I'm not suggesting we thrust him into a 18 mins per night role against top lines.

But what's the harm with him getting spot duty here and there?

That's how you develop players...he has no role and no confidence from the coaching staff, then you wonder why he's so non-descript.

Look, I'm not suggesting he's a PPG player, but there's more there and the coaching staff doesn't seem invested whatsoever at even trying to extract it.

DLR is fine at cutting off passing lanes, but he's garbage at managing the puck and his reads are to slow.

And Plekanec excels at managing the puck? Try to count tonight how many times he just gives the puck away, or fails a clearing attempt on the PK or how he avoids contact at all costs.

Bonk was a decent 3rd C after he left Montreal too. And unless you're including Plekanec's two game cup of coffee, his 2nd (full) season he had 20 goals and finished tied for 5th on the team in points (with Kovalev). He was not some mystery guy, many people where excited about him after his first two full seasons.

Radek Bonk as a Hab is essentially what Plekanec has become today

And yes, Plekanec 2nd full season, he established himself as a key player for the Habs...

Do you think the fact Ribeiro was unexpectedly traded the training camp before Plekanec's first 20 goal season, thus opening up a spot for him on the 2nd line, may have contributed to his breakout?

See...a big part about development is opportunity.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
- Google "upload image". I use Imgur
- Create account
- Drag your image into a new image window.
- Go to your account images and click on the image
- Click copy in the direct link area.
- Post on this site using the image icon. Then past your copied address.

This should work. Not exactly sure how others do it but that's how I make it work.

Thanks! I wish I could simply upload a file like every other website in the world.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
The sooner that this season is obviously done to Front Office the sooner we can start opening up the roster. Play DLR with a skill wing or 2, bring up more young guys etc. Give the young guys every opportunity. May get pounded a bit more but hopefully more interesting to watch.

Reactions: 417

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
fur sure, but he's at what, his 3rd concussion already ?

I wouldnt count on him as a regular period.

Me neither. But retaining Plekanec instead of getting a pick because supposedly he and his 30 points are irreplaceable is a lot more laughable than slotting Shaw as the 3rd line center next year.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Me neither. But retaining Plekanec instead of getting a pick because supposedly he and his 30 points are irreplaceable is a lot more laughable than slotting Shaw as the 3rd line center next year.
Facts 100%

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
100 NHL games...where about 80 of those games he's played less then 10 mins on the 4th line with a bunch of quasi-NHLers.

Shocking he hasn't been able to be a PPG player under those circumstances.

The ONLY real chance he's gotten this year we're the back to back games against the Wings this year and what do you know...he has 4pts in those 2 games.

As for him playing harder minutes...I'm not suggesting we thrust him into a 18 mins per night role against top lines.

But what's the harm with him getting spot duty here and there?

That's how you develop players...he has no role and no confidence from the coaching staff, then you wonder why he's so non-descript.

Look, I'm not suggesting he's a PPG player, but there's more there and the coaching staff doesn't seem invested whatsoever at even trying to extract it.

And Plekanec excels at managing the puck? Try to count tonight how many times he just gives the puck away, or fails a clearing attempt on the PK or how he avoids contact at all costs.

Radek Bonk as a Hab is essentially what Plekanec has become today

And yes, Plekanec 2nd full season, he established himself as a key player for the Habs...

Do you think the fact Ribeiro was unexpectedly traded the training camp before Plekanec's first 20 goal season, thus opening up a spot for him on the 2nd line, may have contributed to his breakout?

See...a big part about development is opportunity.

Well, he should get an opportunity after the deadline. But I don't see anything in his numbers or his play to suggest he'll be anything more than a 4th line guy.

Reactions: 417

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Thanks! I wish I could simply upload a file like every other website in the world.

My offer from my previous post in response to your initial post, still stands. There may be other reasons as to why it's not loading here.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
could this be to show case?????

Jack Roslovic is projected to start Thursday's game at Anaheim alongside Blake Wheeler and Patrik Laine.
Advice: Roslovic's promotion has bumped Kyle Connor to the fourth line alongside Matt Hendricks and Marko Dano. Roslovic has 11 shots and a minus-5 rating in seven games with the Jets this season. He doesn't have a point in eight career NHL appearances, but this will be a great opportunity for him to finally get on the board.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
All we're doing is getting closer to picking 14th or 15th and further away from having the opportunity to draft an impact player.

So Plekanec boosts this team from impact-player draft pick to 14th or 15th spot? Do you really think he's that good a player??

That's quite a positive impact for a team trying to win games. :sarcasm:

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
could this be to show case?????

Jack Roslovic is projected to start Thursday's game at Anaheim alongside Blake Wheeler and Patrik Laine.
Advice: Roslovic's promotion has bumped Kyle Connor to the fourth line alongside Matt Hendricks and Marko Dano. Roslovic has 11 shots and a minus-5 rating in seven games with the Jets this season. He doesn't have a point in eight career NHL appearances, but this will be a great opportunity for him to finally get on the board.

Let's hope.

Pacioretty has to be traded for a Jack Roslovic type of player/prospect.

Let's hope Bergevin and Cheveldayoff (sp?) has good chemistry since they both comes from Blackhawks familly.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
So Plekanec boosts this team from impact-player draft pick to 14th or 15th spot? Do you really think he's that good a player??

That's quite a positive impact for a team trying to win games. :sarcasm:
Well he apparently shuts down opponents all on his own. I'm sure it'll be good for a few meaningless wins.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Ideally we wait until after the all stars.
There’s a wild card team out there that will be desperate to make the last run at the playoffs probably that GMs last chance.

Pacioretty Shaw Plekanec will be made available.
We will trade Pacioretty to get a lottery draft pick in hopes for another top 10 pick plus a high prospect. I do see a team like LA Kings wanting more offended. Gabriel Vilardi And a first rounder. Something like so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad