Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Bergevin needs to be on 2 of Zaitsev, Marleau, Horton, Clarkson, Phaneuf, Callahan and Hanzal. Trade them away with retantion if needed and acquire prospects and picks. I would even go for Lucic and buy him out right before the expansion draft.

Buying out Lucic would be painful, especially on the long term if you want to pay guys like Domi, Gallagher, Kotkaniemi, Poehling, Suzuki(?), etc. + Price and Weber

Buying out Lucic's contract prior to the expansion draft saves under 2 million the first year and less than 450k the 2nd year.

Milan Lucic Contract Buyout Details - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Not sure why so many are all ape **** over these two,not the type of player MB wants on the roster. In MTL,the player has to be accountable both ends.

Gardiner gets far more heat for his D but not Ghost. Maybe they're both as equally error-prone, I don't know.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I mean, if you're someone that believes Gardiner is terrible defensively, then you probably don't want Gostisbehere. Gardiner is the better player.

No... even if you think they're both equally bad defensively, Ghost puts up the better numbers offensively. You can literally look at stats and see that Ghost is better.

Then you factor in age, that he has a contract and it's cheap and it widens the margin even more.

Only thing that brings it close is if Gardiner's contract won't be terrible and Ghost would cost a pretty penny and then some.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Gardiner gets far more heat for his D but not Ghost. Maybe they're both as equally error-prone, I don't know.

Because he's in TO, a market like Montreal,huge magnifying glass. Much more accountability playing in Canada as opposed o the states.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Because he's in TO, a market like Montreal,huge magnifying glass. Much more accountability playing in Canada as opposed o the states.

True enough.

However, if someone would compare them without the magnifying lens of the Trana market, can someone who has watched both players be able to tell who is more of a defensive liability?

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
All the people that want Lucic in Montreal, where do you put him? 3rd line? 4th line? Who with?

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
No... even if you think they're both equally bad defensively, Ghost puts up the better numbers offensively. You can literally look at stats and see that Ghost is better.

Then you factor in age, that he has a contract and it's cheap and it widens the margin even more.

Only thing that brings it close is if Gardiner's contract won't be terrible and Ghost would cost a pretty penny and then some.

Uh, if I'm doing a full analysis using all the stats I have available, then Gardiner is the better player.

On the balance, Gardiner is the better WAR/GAR player. Gostisbehere has better peaks, but he's never been consistent. Gardiner is much better with respect to RAPM.

Gardiner produces at a higher rate at ES. Gostisbehere was better on the PP, but had better shooting luck.

Gostisbehere was sheltered, Gardiner wasn't.

Obviously, there's more to it than just stats, but the idea that Gostisbehere is better offensively completely ignores usage (or even just raw points considering Gardiner only played 62 games in the regular season).

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
All the people that want Lucic in Montreal, where do you put him? 3rd line? 4th line? Who with?

With KK,or if Suzuki earns a spot,a plug you could throw in the slot and protect the kids. On RW would need a decent skater and passer as well,so Weel..

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I don't want him but for the right price I would take on his contract. Spare forward or for the lolz do a Lucic McCarron DLO line.

Would really love to get the 8th OA, that contract is brutal but if we got 8th OA, Samorukov and Lucic for say 1 of Shaw, Armia, Leks I would have to do it. It would suck for now but we could get something really good at 8th OA, would give us a solid LD prospect as well and then we would still get something decent at 15th.

ItzaGreat

How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3
All the people that want Lucic in MTL should be ashamed of themselves..

Our short term needs are pretty obvious:
- A top pairing LHD.
- A natural goal scorer.

How does Lucic help with that? He's none of the above and can barely keep up in this league as bottom six forward, then there's that freaking contract!

I want whatever those peeps are smoking.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Our short term needs are pretty obvious:
- A top pairing LHD.
- A natural goal scorer.

How does Lucic help with that? He's none of the above and can barely keep up in this league as bottom six forward, then there's that freaking contract!

I want whatever those peeps are smoking.

He doesn’t. What Edmonton gives with Lucic may.

Reactions: Miller Time

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I don't want him but for the right price I would take on his contract. Spare forward or for the lolz do a Lucic McCarron DLO line.

Would really love to get the 8th OA, that contract is brutal but if we got 8th OA, Samorukov and Lucic for say 1 of Shaw, Armia, Leks I would have to do it. It would suck for now but we could get something really good at 8th OA, would give us a solid LD prospect as well and then we would still get something decent at 15th.

Indeed...

Plus, the reunion with Claude could help & even if not, Lucic as a 4th liner & standing in front of the net on our PP should give us at least some value (more than could be said for Alzner).

Also, if he had another poor year & spent the season btw the 4th line & press box, doubt he'd resist at all being exposed to expansion draft, so there's some hope we could unload him next year if that cap space becomes a necessity.

Reactions: montreal

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
I think we should be trading Gallagher on the last year of his contract, which is right before the expansion draft. Who knows if Kotkaniemi will command 6+ mil in 2 years. I strongly believe that we need more assets and that the "reset" isnt over just yet.
Gallagher is going to be here long-term. This isn’t NHL 19. Gallagher is loved by management, his teammates and the fans. You don’t trade guys like that. It would asinine.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Wonder if Bergevin can make a move to get the rights of Duchene now that we see the going rate. But maybe CBJ still has hope he stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->