Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part XII (Deadline Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
After years of never having decent centre depth, we now have Domi, Danault, Kotkaniemi, with Poehling, Suzuki, Evans on the way.

So at the time we least need a Duchene, he’s supposedly the target. :huh:

Rather have a left D. Don’t want to even imagine the cost of Duchene

Reactions: 26Mats

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Many centers available...if MB grabs one I'm going to flip.'

Domi, Danault, Kotkaniemi with Poehling ready to make the jump soon. Never thought I'd say this but we don't need anymore centers right now.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Why would Duchene accept a sign and trade?

Is the extra year on the contract worth that much to him. Couldn’t he just sign with Montreal, if that’s what he wants on July 1st for 7 years and not have Montreal give up anything (especially to a division rival), thus staying a stronger team and being closer to being a contender.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Scott Mellanby and Dave MacLean are at the Sens vs Devils game

I'm heavily in favor of getting Marcus Johansson for a 3rd and a b level prospect.

But i think his value is back up. New Jersey isn't dressing him. He's now on a 20 goal and 46 point pace. And, reports are surfacing that many teams are interested.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Domi, Danault, Kotkaniemi with Poehling ready to make the jump soon. Never thought I'd say this but we don't need anymore centers right now.

Depends what the price is. If it's an Armia-style trade, you can always move one of the centers to the wing. Or deal from excess in the summer.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Depends what the price is. If it's an Armia-style trade, you can always move one of the centers to the wing. Or deal from excess in the summer.

Which center would you move to the wing? Danault is our most defensively responsible center...Domi is our best and most productive center. That leaves Kotkaniemi as the odd man out, and no thank you to that.

I'd only move Domi to the wing once Kotkaniemi makes a clear jump to the 'next level' and is ready to center the top 6. Hopefully next year. Then Poehling can come in and grab the #3C

Jul 6, 2016
I'm heavily in favor of getting Marcus Johansson for a 3rd and a b level prospect.

But i think his value is back up. New Jersey isn't dressing him. He's now on a 20 goal and 46 point pace. And, reports are surfacing that many teams are interested.

Habs have lots of "B" level prospects.... Johansson on a 3rd line would mean Lehkonen and Armia on the 4th with Thompson. Now, we 're talking ! Marcus can play LW, no problem.

Reactions: 26Mats

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal

Unless we sacrifice one to get a top LD, like Danault.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Which center would you move to the wing? Danault is our most defensively responsible center...Domi is our best and most productive center. That leaves Kotkaniemi as the odd man out, and no thank you to that.

I'd only move Domi to the wing once Kotkaniemi makes a clear jump to the 'next level' and is ready to center the top 6. Hopefully next year. Then Poehling can come in and grab the #3C

I think Domi is the guy you can move to the wing. It would also depend on how elite the incoming center might be. It would be nice to have these kinds of headaches for a change.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Habs have lots of "B" level prospects.... Johansson on a 3rd line would mean Lehkonen and Armia on the 4th with Thompson. Now, we 're talking ! Marcus can play LW, no problem.

It would be a steal, but I think it's too late - if it was available at all in the first place. I think Shero will get at least a 2nd for Johansson.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Who is anyone even scouting. MarJo, Duchene, Stone and Dzingle are all sitting.

Who's "Marjo"? Illégal!

Illégal
Tu me fais faire des bêtises
Dans les rues de Montréal
Quand y faut que je me maîtrise
Tu me fais piquer des crises

Reactions: vokiel

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
After years of never having decent centre depth, we now have Domi, Danault, Kotkaniemi, with Poehling, Suzuki, Evans on the way.

So at the time we least need a Duchene, he’s supposedly the target. :huh:

Rather have a left D. Don’t want to even imagine the cost of Duchene

All true, but totally nullified if it's Drouin going the other way :)

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
the Fireworks are coming soon cant wait

When you have a GM who not only doesn't want to give up a 1st, but also not any of our multiple 2nds, chances are MB won't do anything significant. And that's ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad