Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Agree completely.

Would love to get a Ferland type of player, but Kyle Clifford would be a solid pickup.

Two trades I'd make at or around the deadline:

1) To Montreal: Kyle Clifford

To LA Kings: 2017 3rd round draft pick.

2) To Montreal: Martin Hanzal

To Arizona: 2017 1st round pick, David Desharnais (cap), and Charles Hudon.

Gives you a big shutdown center and a third line that can dominate defensively while also putting in some goals. Also adds some snarl to our fourth line.

Byron - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Danault - Hanzal - Shaw
Clifford - Mitchell - Flynn
Lehkonen, McCarron

Emelin - Weber
Markov - Petry
Beaulieu - Redmond
Pateryn

Price
Montoya

1st round pick seems steep for Hanzal

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
With Dri you get the feeling of a Getzlaf/Kopintar player...a big power forward which would be what Habs need most! Duchesne is more speed type that is great but concussions cause a think twice.
A combo of Chucks & Dri sets the Habs up for 10+years & makes up for missing the C depth last 20 years or so. That is elite C depth and a cup winning depth cause you have sooooo many options with them 2. Where as with Duchesne he & chucks are more alike.

I would take Mackinnon over Duchesne & do wtv it takes cause mac shoots right and has huge upside.

Try to keep serga but to solve the C depth would use him in Dri or Mac trade. Then trade patches & beau for fowler & Rykiel & have top 6 set & top 2 D...habs can aford to be light on D with price, a posdible team this yrar for cup, best part is low cap with radulov probably making most in 7/yr range.... dream:

Rykiel/lehk - chucks - radulov
Rykiel/lehk - Dri - Gallagher

Fowler - weber
X - petry

Hard to consider one's opinion when he spells Kopitar "Kopintar" and Rackell "Rykiel.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
1st round pick seems steep for Hanzal

He gives you a 6'6 shutdown center that can also contribute offensively. The market for UFA centers is almost non existent and it's going to drive up the price of acquiring assets.

Size down the middle isn't something the Habs have a lot of, and adding two big bodies up front that make this team harder to play against is something we need desperately.

In the playoffs we need some horses that we can rely upon to win the battles. Hanzal and Clifford can do that...

Just my opinion as always.

AHShadow

Apr 9, 2015
I'm on record a few times (just a few lol) that I would go after Draisaitl. Best offer I could come up with is.. wait for it...

Sergachev/Gally/1st Round pick. Hate to trade Sergachev and Gally but you have to give to get! In this case, you need Markov for another year at least and Gally is replaced with one of MacCarron or Scherbak.

Drai would be a perfect fit but the Oilers prefer to unload RNH

Seems a bit steep from Drai. Sergachev + 1st Round + B Prospect would be good but wouldn't trade a 1st rounder + Future Top D + Our #2 best RW to get a #2C. Or Gallagher + 1st.

Habs need a big left winger on the 4th line.

Clifford or Andreoff from LA, or Bouma from Calgary would be good additions for a small team like the Habs.

Mitchell, Byron, Danault, Carr and Shaw are all good players to have in our bottom 6. We don't need more than that. Concentrate on the top 6 F and top 4 D.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
Agree completely.

Would love to get a Ferland type of player, but Kyle Clifford would be a solid pickup.

Two trades I'd make at or around the deadline:

1) To Montreal: Kyle Clifford

To LA Kings: 2017 3rd round draft pick.

2) To Montreal: Martin Hanzal

To Arizona: 2017 1st round pick, David Desharnais (cap), and Charles Hudon.

Gives you a big shutdown center and a third line that can dominate defensively while also putting in some goals. Also adds some snarl to our fourth line.

Byron - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Danault - Hanzal - Shaw
Clifford - Mitchell - Flynn
Lehkonen, McCarron

Emelin - Weber
Markov - Petry
Beaulieu - Redmond
Pateryn

Price
Montoya

hudon AND a first....no thanks:shakehead

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
He gives you a 6'6 shutdown center that can also contribute offensively. The market for UFA centers is almost non existent and it's going to drive up the price of acquiring assets.

Size down the middle isn't something the Habs have a lot of, and adding two big bodies up front that make this team harder to play against is something we need desperately.

In the playoffs we need some horses that we can rely upon to win the battles. Hanzal and Clifford can do that...

Just my opinion as always.

all good points,

they do need size to be tougher in the playoffs, this team is still too weak to challenge, that is for sure

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'm just wondering why we would even think of moving a Left Handed Dman at this point?
We aren't exactly loaded with talented backend depth over-all.
This will create a gaping hole IMO and we need to fill not create holes.
If we move a D it would have to be Pateryn but even then I like him for depth purposes.
The only way we make a splash is giving up some valuable picks IMO.
MB will keep an eye on the dumpsters in the meantime.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I can't believe how we're continuing to do head counts on scout attendance as if it actually meant something. There's a reason teams make attendance lists available -- they know that the mere presence of employees can't be linked back to any particular mandate. This fake info is the lot of faux insiders. :shakehead

I'd agree with you for 1 scout. I couldn't care less if we have 1 scout on any given game. Those guys are just doing their job. 3 scouts? I think it's worth mentioning. But if you think it's not important, you are free to discard it.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'd agree with you for 1 scout. I couldn't care less if we have 1 scout on any given game. Those guys are just doing their job. 3 scouts? I think it's worth mentioning. But if you think it's not important, you are free to discard it.

It's not what I think. Just reverse engineer it and try to find how many trades can actually be linked to the presence of 3 scouts on a given night. Can't find any? I didn't think so. It's just posting filler, totally meaningless.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
It's not what I think. Just reverse engineer it and try to find how many trades can actually be linked to the presence of 3 scouts on a given night. Can't find any? I didn't think so. It's just posting filler, totally meaningless.

Yet, if I can't link the presence of 3 scouts on a given night that resulted in a trade, can you find me a trade that happened that didn't follow the presence of scouts?

Again, you can diss whatever posts I make. If you don't mind, I'll still post whatever I want.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yet, if I can't link the presence of 3 scouts on a given night that resulted in a trade, can you find me a trade that happened that didn't follow the presence of scouts?

Again, you can diss whatever posts I make. If you don't mind, I'll still post whatever I want.

That's a pure baiting strawman and it falls way short. You can't prove a negative, but nice try.

Sad that you think I diss your posts. Seems that you can't handle even a mild disagreement. Suit yourself, I'll steer clear of your posts from now on.

And I'll disagree with whatever I want.

Nice knowing you.

Last edited:

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
It's what it's gonna take......Clifford and Hanzal......I'm happy with that. Johnny Oduya would be another aquisition I'd like. I like Antoine Roussel too

It's awful, Hanzal is always injured and not a star player, you don't give these kind of assets for such a player, it's crazy bad management... but I know MB would never do that, so I'll sleep very well tonight.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Sad that you think I diss your posts. Seems that you can't handle even a mild disagreement. Suit yourself, I'll steer clear of your posts from now on. Nice knowing you.

Geez, who can't handle a disagreement now? What I can't handle is people telling others who unuseful their post is. Might not be for you, might be for others. Always wonder who the heck are we to tell others how meaningless their posts are.....

But hey, have a superb rest of the year!

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
And I'll disagree with whatever I want.

I'm pretty sure that you disagreed with me before, and I strangely had no problem handling it. And I'm pretty sure that the first time you disagreed on that subject, I was handling it pretty well. But then came the "meaningless filler" that, for me was unecessary. So yeah, it's certainly better that we stay away from each other. Yet again, it's pretty strange, we used to have great convos together at one point. But hey, nothing is eternal.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I wonder if a better center than Hanzal could come to Mtl because I saw his stats and it's not impressive, his scoring is between 11 to 16 G a year, aside that he's big, where is the advantage?

Could MB land someone like Henrique, Nugent-Hopkins, Duschene, etc. The very best center maybe available is Tavares. Tavares easylly better than any forward of actual Canadiens, even one Tavares is better alone than 2 forwards actual Canadiens.
How is Mikko Koivu this year? He still have gas in his tank? And how about the second best center playing for the Islanders? And the Sedins? Having the center Sedin or they come in pairs? Some of these trades possible or impossible?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's awful, Hanzal is always injured and not a star player, you don't give these kind of assets for such a player, it's crazy bad management... but I know MB would never do that, so I'll sleep very well tonight.

I wonder what that crazed stat-obsessed GM is asking for Hanzal? Price is probably out of whack.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I wonder if a better center than Hanzal could come to Mtl because I saw his stats and it's not impressive, his scoring is between 11 to 16 G a year, aside that he's big, where is the advantage?

Could MB land someone like Henrique, Nugent-Hopkins, Duschene, etc. The very best center maybe available is Tavares. Tavares easylly better than any forward of actual Canadiens, even one Tavares is better alone than 2 forwards actual Canadiens.
How is Mikko Koivu this year? He still have gas in his tank? And how about the second best center playing for the Islanders? And the Sedins? Having the center Sedin or they come in pairs? Some of these trades possible or impossible?

It,s not about getting a better quality than Hanzal. It's about trying to analyse who could still help but without having to ship too much, or knowing that we might not have enough quality ourselves to give in a trade. That's why Hanzal is mentioned so much. I'm not a fan though.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Thing is, so long as the team is winning or not slipping too much, will Bergevin really be that aggressive in trying to seal a deal for a center? Somehow, I doubt it, but who really knows.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver

I'm not sure Koivu is that much of an upgrade on Plekanec and he is also making more money. Thing is, if we are all in, we cant afford trading roster players. Tavares would be awesomw, but at what cost?

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
What about Hanzal spelled "Hanzel"?

Hanzel and "Regrettal".

Were-the-Millers-No-Ragrets-Tattoo.jpg

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That "NO RAGRETS" scene is gut-splitting. :laugh:

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
That "NO RAGRETS" scene is gut-splitting. :laugh:

Lots of laughs in that movie. I was especially envious of the "mother" - "daughter/sister" - "son/brother" kissing scene and dad recording it.

As for the topic at hand, anything of significance is going to cost, but I think Hanzal is definitely worth a look come TDL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->