Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Brills*

Don't like that the habs gave up a pick that they could've used in a forward package though.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Every trade where the Habs are not involved until MB makes a deal is MB fault. What a bunch of BS! I get the passion by fans but to show hate on your own team when we're in 1st place is just terrible man.

And when a deal is made by MB it will never be enough!

Well said!

Every BAD trade Bergevin avoids (and another GM foolishly makes) is to Bergevin's credit. What does one do with a useless player with an unfavorable contract? Buy him out?

On reading this thread I get the impression that some volatile fans would spot quick sand and put on their bathing suits to take a dip.

habaholic

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Where did I say trade sergachev? Not once. But Oduya is done man. He's 35 and he's slow and inured. Who does he replace? Nesterov? Wow so you want Bergevin to trade for a 6d man

I wasn't referring to you with Sergachev comment, just making a point it's hard to get a top flight D and many posters here would trade Sergachev when he's clearly our only hope for that role in the future.

BTW, won't be Oduya but Jordie Benn ;-)

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Good thing we improved on the blueline with Weber this summer.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Can't believe the Sens gave Jonathan Dahlen for Alex Burrows. WTF are they thinking.

People cry about Pateryn+4th being an overpayment...look at the prices paid for Burrows and Hanzal. Sheesh.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
They've been looking for a mobile defenseman to play with Weber all year long and instead settled on just acquiring Benn lol.

That can't be it for the deadline deals but I don't expect a splash like Duchene. Either Vanek, Doan, Vrbata, Duclair. I can't see Benn being the only trade made considering the HUGE gamble Bergevin made (even if it doesn't look like it'll pay off) with regards to our window.

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
They've been looking for a mobile defenseman to play with Weber all year long and instead settled on just acquiring Benn lol.

That can't be it for the deadline deals but I don't expect a splash like Duchene. Either Vanek, Doan, Vrbata, Duclair. I can't see Benn being the only trade made considering the HUGE gamble Bergevin made (even if it doesn't look like it'll pay off) with regards to our window.

Vanek would be a good cheap move. He knows the city, and I dont recall him leaving under bad terms. Put him with Chucky and Gallagher.

In no way do I think we should go after Duchene with everything we've got, especially not Chucky.

Jul 6, 2016
Boyle in TO !

Wow. Good deal for them. They are gonna be very dangerous, very soon.

He is the guy the Habs badly needed in the middle.

Last edited:

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Hard to think of an equivalent to that Burrows trade for us. Probably Scherbak. Dreadful considering the kind of season Dahlen is having at only 19 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad