Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Last thread was over 1k posts.

...why do people keep putting Danault on the 1st line??...he's not a #1 centre; hell, he may not ever be a #2 centre in this League (and that may not be a bad thing, as he's been a lovely fit at #3C since we traded Eller)...mindboggling...:shakehead

I think we all acknowledge he's not a #1 center. But it is what it is right now.

That line works.

If we would have someone better he would not be there...

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Last thread was over 1k posts.

I think we all acknowledge he's not a #1 center. But it is what it is right now.

That line works.

If we would have someone better he would not be there...

Anisimov gets to play between Kane and Panarin. If it works, it works. If we can acquire a big time LW to play with the Gallys on the second line and have a shutdown 3rd line we will be in business.

67 - 24 - 47
Lando - 27 - 11
62 - 14 - 65
41 - 34 - 17

If there's injuries guys like Lehk and Byron can move up the lineup and Mitchell and Shaw can move to centre. Not a huge group but good speed and two-way guys throughout

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Anisimov gets to play between Kane and Panarin. If it works, it works. If we can acquire a big time LW to play with the Gallys on the second line and have a shutdown 3rd line we will be in business.

67 - 24 - 47
Lando - 27 - 11
62 - 14 - 65
41 - 34 - 17

If there's injuries guys like Lehk and Byron can move up the lineup and Mitchell and Shaw can move to centre. Not a huge group but good speed and two-way guys throughout

If we're going to acquire just one guy , I'll go with Hanzal over a winger.

Give me Chucky-Hanzal-Gally over Land-Chucky-Gally any day of the week.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Hanzal? He is soft as butter.

Landeskog 1000000x before a soft 6'6 always injured player who's always on his ass.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Thanks to Lebowski for the 3 last pages of comments on the previous trades proposals thread. I think everything said on Hanzal is reliable to my own opinion. I couldnt said it better. If he cant change your mind, I wouldnt. Everybody can have his opinion, but honestly I realy dont understand this desire for Hanzal by somes of you.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Hanzal? He is soft as butter.

Landeskog 1000000x before a soft 6'6 always injured player who's always on his ass.

He has 105 hits this year, I don't know what are you talking about. He would have the most hits among forwards on this team.

Only Emelin 178 hits and Weber 106 hits would be ahead of him. And he missed 9 games.

puckluck33*

May 17, 2015
Hanzal would certainly be an interesting acquisition.

The only way i would want Hanzal if it also included OEL in a blockbuster...McCarron,Beaulieu,Juulsen,1st round pick and Lingren,the Coyotes need a young goalie prospect,Domingue has not been good,Molson could also eat a bad contract,Dave Bolland on LTIR,DD would go back for cap reason otherwise i do not want Hanzal.:)

DaNaultinus

The Human Fund Donor
Mar 25, 2013
He has 105 hits this year, I don't know what are you talking about. He would have the most hits among forwards on this team.

Only Emelin 178 hits and Weber 106 hits would be ahead of him. And he missed 9 games.

Landeskog has 104 in 48 games this year.

puckluck33*

May 17, 2015
Bergevin must pick up a puck moving d-man to play with either Weber or Petry,if you cannot get a star then you can make a smaller trade for Mark Streit.......Weber-Markov and Petry-Streit.....Emelin-Beaulieu with Pateryn as a solid #7.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Bergevin must pick up a puck moving d-man to play with either Weber or Petry,if you cannot get a star then you can make a smaller trade for Mark Streit.......Weber-Markov and Petry-Streit.....Emelin-Beaulieu with Pateryn as a solid #7.

...you can't put Markov back on the Top Pairing; we'd have the slowest Top Pairing in the League...

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Thanks to Lebowski for the 3 last pages of comments on the previous trades proposals thread. I think everything said on Hanzal is reliable to my own opinion. I couldnt said it better. If he cant change your mind, I wouldnt. Everybody can have his opinion, but honestly I realy dont understand this desire for Hanzal by somes of you.

You don't understand the desire of some to see a 6'6 235lbs center who wins faceoffs better than anyone on this roster, can play 18+ mins a game effectively, play on the PK, PP, chip offense at a better rate than any other center on this team not named Alex Galchenyuk?

One has to wonder what team some are watching.

No one is claiming he's going to singlehandedly turn the Habs into Cup contenders, but you'd have a hard time convincing me he's not on upgrade on all of our centers who again, aren't named Alex Galchenyuk.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Clearly not...same people who say Hanzal is soft, think Tomas Plekanec is a shut down centre.

Hanzal is a pain in the ass, borderline nasty in the corners and along the boards. But I guess it's just fun to say he's soft because reasons.

And I agree, Pleks is more than that, this year his production and offensive play suffers a lot, however, he didn't just become unidimensional

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
No one is claiming he's going to singlehandedly turn the Habs into Cup contenders, but you'd have a hard time convincing me he's not on upgrade on all of our centers who again, aren't named Alex Galchenyuk.

The way Chucky is playing right now, if the PO start tomorrow, Hanzal at center would be a better option than him, to be honest.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
**** 2017, I need a time machine to fast forward one year to see if both Sergachev and Kovalchuk will be on the Habs for the 2018 POs. :naughty:

Not sure what all those reinstatement and contractual hoops are, but Friedman says he could return to the NHL one year from now and is 'noticing Radulov's success'. I'm not sure whether they once played together though.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
The way Chucky is playing right now, if the PO start tomorrow, Hanzal at center would be a better option than him, to be honest.

I think to maximize Galchenyuk at center, they need to acquire another center that they can play 15-16-17-18+ mins game, and be trusted...

So that it can free up Galchenyuk to play in an offensive role and not worry so much about his defensive lapses.

We can talk about Duchene all day long, he's not coming here and I doubt he's going anywhere, I'd focus on strengthening our depth down the middle

Galchenyuk
Hanzal
Danault

>>

Galchenyuk
Danault
Plekanec

Long Sky

Jan 6, 2006
Everyone is willing to overpay to get a #1 Center. Can montreal wait one more year? What would it cost to get the first overall pick in the 2017 draft? Could Nolan Patrick be that # 1 Center? Would he be able to play next year? How good could he turn out to be? It might be better to go this route. Comments

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
**** 2017, I need a time machine to fast forward one year to see if both Sergachev and Kovalchuk will be on the Habs for the 2018 POs. :naughty:

Not sure what all those reinstatement and contractual hoops are, but Friedman says he could return to the NHL one year from now and is 'noticing Radulov's success'. I'm not sure whether they once played together though.

bring in him and shipachoyov. man is that guy ever riding it up in the KHL god I wish we had of gotten him.

Next year:

Radulov, Markov, Sergachev, Shipachoyov, Kovalchuk, emelin, chuckie(sorta)

We will win this for mother russia!!! :laugh:

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
The way things go, and mostly because of the turnaround Julien will have to do to clean the mess MT did, I'd prefer if MB stay still and wait. We especially don't need a rental at this point, we need to turn it around, yesterday was only a game.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I don't think he means Kovalchuk sees Radulov's success with Montreal specifically. But more Radulov's successful return to the NHL. But I would definitely love to see Kovalvhuk in a Habs uniform.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
I think to maximize Galchenyuk at center, they need to acquire another center that they can play 15-16-17-18+ mins game, and be trusted...

So that it can free up Galchenyuk to play in an offensive role and not worry so much about his defensive lapses.

We can talk about Duchene all day long, he's not coming here and I doubt he's going anywhere, I'd focus on strengthening our depth down the middle

Galchenyuk
Hanzal
Danault

>>

Galchenyuk
Danault
Plekanec

yep...and we dont have to give up key assets, (atleast if arizona lowers their ask to something reasonable)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad