Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I never said I'd give Galchenyuk for Duchene. The point is to have two top 6 centers, not trade one for another.

Sergachev isn't "too much" for Duchene. For Christ sake, people overvalue prospects around here it's insane. Duchene's a 3rd overall pick, by the way. One that fulfilled his potential at that.

We don't need more bottom sixers. Hanzal and Berglund fix none of our issues and will cost us assets that would be better spent elsewhere, such as in a bigger deal for a much better player... Such as Duchene.

Duchene isn't a rental either. He'd be here for years and fits in with the age of our core.
Sergachev is a hefty price to pay but for once we can afford to get a star player. When all of our good players are gone and Sergachev replace Markov, what good will that have accomplished? The window to win is now.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
We will NEVER add a number one centerman if we dont trade for one.

We got much more lucky with dman in the draft with Timmins (Subban, McDonagh, Sergachev, Beaulieu).

I'd feel much more comfortable with Duchene then Sergachev. Teams are deep down the middle we arent.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Apart from giving up Sergachev, the only other way get back a true number one center is to trade Galchenyuk. I wouldn't mind doing that. Galchenyuk is a good player but I don't think he will ever be what people expect him to be.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It'd have to start with Beaulieu and Gallagher then I suppose.

I'm a lot more comfortable with moving Sergachev than these two. Especially if the goal is to win in the near future.

When is Sergachev going to have a substantial impact on this team, if he ever ends up a legit top pairing defenseman to begin with? How does it align with guys like Weber and Price that are fast approaching the downside of their career, moreso in Weber's case? How long can afford to wait?

I mean, Duchene is only 26. He can be a part of the core for years to come.

But at the same time we could look for a passing of the torch kind of succession. Weber going out, Sergachev coming in as an elite 1D.

If the price is Gally AND Beaulieu that's a huge no. Don't wanna deal any of those two, so two of them for Duchene is meh, unless there's something else coming back.

I know were on different spectrums considering Gallagher, and I believe Beaulieu also, but I can't see a number 4 D and a 2nd line winger, at worse being worth Duchene in this league, where two way play and big/fast top four Dman are the most sought after commodity.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Apart from giving up Sergachev, the only other way get back a true number one center is to trade Galchenyuk. I wouldn't mind doing that. Galchenyuk is a good player but I don't think he will ever be what people expect him to be.
It's the same with Sergachev, an exceptional prospect but there's no guarantee he will become the next Markov. The difference is that Galchenyuk is useful to us presently. Galchenyuk shot from his offside is almost game breaking.

Last edited:

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
If we trade Galchenyuk for Duchene we still have the same stupid hole. Missing one top6 player.

Galchenyuk > Sergachev

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
no moves until march 1

MB will wait to see what Claude says after next week is done,

new coach, new players to speculate about,

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
It's too much only because we badly need LD prospects.

Juulsen is okay in this case for me.

Well, Montreal needs LHD NHLers. Specifically top caliber LHD NHLers. They have Sergachev, Mete and Bourque in the system, who range from blue-chip to excellent dark-horse prospects.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
To me, the hiring of Julien allows the team another offseason of tinkering depending on how the rest of the season plays out. I don't see the same desperation for a guy like Duchene this year that the pundits were making the case for last week.

If they need to reload next year with Sergachev or Juulsen so be it.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
To me, the hiring of Julien allows the team another offseason of tinkering depending on how the rest of the season plays out. I don't see the same desperation for a guy like Duchene this year that the pundits were making the case for last week.

If they need to reload next year with Sergachev or Juulsen so be it.
Price is going to be one year older, I don't think he's okay with waiting one more year, he want to win now and so does his team. He's not going to be 29 years old anymore next year. He's gone if we don't at least pretend to do everything in our power to win. He's going to go play for Toronto probably. He's free after next year.

Last edited:

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
I have been a vocal proponent of trading Sergachev for Duchene or another 1C, but at this point I just dont know anymore. With the way the team has been playing, and the way Price has been playing, I'm not sure if even adding a guy like Duchene would get us near the Cup. I won't be mad if Bergevin goes for it though, in fact, I think he has to. This is the season that will define his legacy in MTL I feel. It's now or never with this group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->