Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season Editon

Would you take a gamble on Nail Yakupov for leauge minium contract?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Yeah Lebrun just said he's made a few calls and from what he's heard the Habs aren't interested in Lucic who he said the Oilers want to move in a hockey trade. Good luck with that.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yeah Lebrun just said he's made a few calls and from what he's heard the Habs aren't interested in Lucic who he said the Oilers want to move in a hockey trade. Good luck with that.

We dodged a bullet. Chiarelli saves MB from himself yet again.

Reactions: groovejuice

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
J. Arthur Dupont, founder of CJAD radio in Montreal. He used to be a next door neighbor to my grandfather and used to tell him about how he planned to open his own radio station someday.

I bet you JAD told your grandfather to wait 2 minutes and that there would be "more after this, don't go anywhere". :sarcasm:

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
If he says that the Habs aren't interested it probably means that they secretly are interested (and by "they" I mean Bergevin himself)

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Actually they used to sit in my grandfather's kitchen and drink into the wee hours together.

And when midnight struck, they'd emulate syndicated content.

I think I now have a better understanding about how CJAD runs its business. :laugh:

Kidding aside, your grandpa had privileged access into the devising of a significant plan and its ultimate realization. It's fascinating.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Lebrun: Hey Honey, you called?
Mrs. Lebrun: Why didn't you pick up?
Lebrun: I was on air.
Mrs. Lebrun: Oh. Call your son. He wants to speak to you.
Lebrun: Okay.
Hangs up.
Lebrun: Hey buddy, what's up? You wanna speak to me?
Jr.: I don't. Uncle Jacques wants you to call him.
Lebrun: Okay
hangs up.
Lebrun: (mutters under his breath) why don't these people just call me they have my number.
Dials
Lebrun: Hey Jackie what's up bro? You wanna talk to me.
J. Lebrun: It's okay Pee Air, I got it figured out.
Lebrun: Got what figured out?
J. Lebrun: The microwave. Can't talk. Russia is playing Saudi Arabia. A nail bitter. By the way that idiot, who pretend he's Bergevin, from Montreal left a message on my machine. He said the Habs aren't interested in Lucic. See ya.
Lebrun: Okay.
Hangs up. His phone rings.
Francis: Hey Pee Air it's Rod from 690. Mitch will be ready to talk to you after this one minute break.
Lebrun: Okay

Last edited:

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I can’t wait till none of these trades proposals come true and Bergevin picks up some f***ing patch work bums

Bergevin will do next to nothing this summer

Reactions: Laurentide

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Wait, are habs interested in Lucic or not?

LeBrun: There are absolutely trade conversations happening between the Edmonton Oilers and other clubs but when I talk to some clubs around the league the impression I get is that it’s not Peter Chiarelli, the general manager, saying I need to dump this player and this contract, it’s Chiarelli saying are you interested in making a hockey deal. And that gives me the impression that this isn’t so much as Edmonton trying to get rid of Lucic as perhaps more Lucic suggesting a change of scenery – although everyone connected will not confirm that. I will say this: a lot of people are connecting the dots to the Montreal Canadiens because they were runners up in trying to sign Lucic two years ago. I’m told there’s no way the Canadiens aren’t interested at this point in Lucic.

it's a double negative.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Wait, are habs interested in Lucic or not?

it's a double negative.

It's an unfortunate syntax error. I heard Lebrun on Melnick this afternoon and he clearly stated that the Habs were not in play for Lucic.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
So I did one of those GM games and was the Habs and decided to do a rebuild. Here are the trades I was able tp pull off with other people:

Trades:

:hawks receives:

Alex Galchenyuk and the 38th overall pick 2018 (originally Chicago's pick)

:habsreceives:

8th overall pick 2018

-----

:bluesAcquire

Nicolas Deslauriers
Brendan Gallagher

:habsAcquire

Robert Thomas
1st 2018 (29th overall, WPG pick)
4th 2018 (107th)
Tage Thompson
-------

:leafsacquires

Andrew Shaw (40% retained)

:habsacquires

Dmytro Timashov
Justin Holl

-------

:panthers
Pacioretty 50% retained
Weber 20% retained

:habs
Borgstrom
FLA 2019 1st
FLA 2018 3rd
Heponiemi
McCoshen
Hawryluk
McGinn

-------

:isles send
Andrew MacDonald

:habs send
2019 1st (FLA)
who is Andrew Macdonald is he the same guy who plays for the Flyers.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
People should not retain big % on long term deals.

Most retention is small or short term.

it's very unrealistic to retain for 5-6-7-8 years because it's A) Expensive money wise, B) will handicap us AFTER we rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->