Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season Editon

Would you take a gamble on Nail Yakupov for leauge minium contract?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Trading down is a terrible idea, why do people keep bringing it up? What team has ever come out on top a deal where they traded down? We sucked all year for that pick, take BPA at #3.
Ducks, traded down from 22 in 2011 to pickup 30 & 39

22 Tyler Biggs
30 Rakell, 39 Gibson

Gotta feeling our GM would be on the Biggs side tho so agreed its a terrible idea for him

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Redwings are willing to trade the 6th pick ...I think we should go for it ,,,,

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Redwings are willing to trade the 6th pick ...I think we should go for it ,,,,
Why would Detroit trade the 6th overall pick?
They are well positioned in 2018 and 2019 at the draft, they have Nyquist and Kronwall UFAs in 2019, which should return at least another 1st and 2nd at the deadline next year. I think they will take time to rebuild. Detroit has 12 players over 30 years old, 6 guys 34 and older, and one player under 23, at 21 years old. They are in worst shape than we are I think looking at all their NTC and NMC.

Reactions: Runner77

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Trading down is a terrible idea, why do people keep bringing it up? What team has ever come out on top a deal where they traded down? We sucked all year for that pick, take BPA at #3.

If you have 8 guys that all are extremely close in terms of BPA, then getting say a late 1st and either still getting the player you want or someone slightly less. Lets say they like Zadina but think Dobson will be just as good but they know one team wants Zadina badly and is willing to overpay and instead of drafting just Zadina, they get Dobson and Sandin? It's not a terrible idea, it's a risky one that you need to be creative and lucky, things I don't expect to be said about MB so I don't see them happening but it could work out well in theory.

Reactions: Habby Gilmore

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
Why?

His play has heavily declined (not just this year) and signing him after his sweetheart deal is likely to be expensive. He doesn't have a lot going for him other than his fast release, he's a fine skater, but not to the extent that he pressures defensemen and his passing seems to have gone downhill the past few years.

Combine this with his clear failures as a Captain since wearing the C. It really is time to move on from Patches.

So why not move him for whatever you can get (futures wise)?? Plenty of mid firsts have panned out to be great players.

First of overall, he hasn’t “heavily declined” other than last year. He’s been one of our most consistent players, consistently a 60 point/30 goal scorer. Last was a bad year, injury’s and honestly just poor play when he did play I think we have to watch our emotions and realize he is a solid 1st line LW on most teams. So moving him for “whatever we can get” is horrible asset management.

Like I said before, I agree we should try and trade him but not for anything. If we resign him, he could easily bounce back next year and could be traded than or I believe even at age 33 Max could fetch a 1st round pick at the trade deadline. Why sell low on him now?

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Why would Detroit trade the 6th overall pick?
They are well positioned in 2018 and 2019 at the draft, they have Nyquist and Kronwall UFAs in 2019, which should return at least another 1st and 2nd at the deadline next year. I think they will take time to rebuild. Detroit has 12 players over 30 years old, 6 guys 34 and older, and one player under 23, at 21 years old. They are in worst shape than we are I think looking at all their NTC and NMC.

The GM says there willing to trade it ...Detroit's had much success not picking that high(6th) so yeah they could just deal it away..and he also says this...

"We like a lot of players in that range, in that 30-35 range. We think there's some pretty good players.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick

Only way it gets moved is if a team with a under 23 top 6 #1 centre or LD is offered in a deal which uhhh isn't happening.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I know it's not the direction most posters want to go with the rebuild and all, but what would you be willing to add to Pacioretty in a trade for Kessel? He's coming off a 92 point season but it's hard to estimate his value playing with Malkin, and there's also rumors Pitt wants to trade him

Pacioretty (re-signed) + 35 + 39 +?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
If you have 8 guys that all are extremely close in terms of BPA, then getting say a late 1st and either still getting the player you want or someone slightly less. Lets say they like Zadina but think Dobson will be just as good but they know one team wants Zadina badly and is willing to overpay and instead of drafting just Zadina, they get Dobson and Sandin? It's not a terrible idea, it's a risky one that you need to be creative and lucky, things I don't expect to be said about MB so I don't see them happening but it could work out well in theory.

But the thing is you still place a guy 3rd on your list. Whether or not the others are close, he’s still the 3rd best. You have four 2nds if they want to move back up for a late 1st. I say you take the guy you seem the 3rd best in a strong draft class and hope some guys you rate in the 1st drop to your 2nds, which is bound to happen.

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
I know it's not the direction most posters want to go with the rebuild and all, but what would you be willing to add to Pacioretty in a trade for Kessel? He's coming off a 92 point season but it's hard to estimate his value playing with Malkin, and there's also rumors Pitt wants to trade him

And how many pts would he get with us..kessel is a good add to a team thats already good. Hes not what we need, patches for picks and prospects

Reactions: Laurentide

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

we need a center back for pacio or a top D

and a young 1

not a 32y olds kessel

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013

the problem is, the main reason Pittsburgh would want Pacioretty is because he's cheaper than Kessel - but his bargain contract is up at the end of next year, and then his contract will almost certainly be bigger than Kessel's (Leafs retained part of Kessel's salary).

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
we need a center back for pacio or a top D

and a young 1

not a 32y olds kessel

No doubt. But Kessel is so good, I'd almost make an acception if we could do a Pacioretty-Kessel swap (which Pittsburgh won't want anyways).
Would love to see players like Galchenyuk, Drouin, Scherbak, Gallagher, and Zadina? get the chance to play with Kessel.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
No doubt. But Kessel is so good, I'd almost make an acception if we could do a Pacioretty-Kessel swap (which Pittsburgh won't want anyways).
Would love to see players like Galchenyuk, Drouin, Scherbak, Gallagher, and Zadina? get the chance to play with Kessel.
No, Kessel is not "so good". He only looks "so good" because he's surrounded by elite players like Crosby and Malkin. It's the same reason why Eller looks "so good" on the Caps with Ovechkin and Company or why Shaw looked good in Chicago when he was surrounded by guys such as Kane, Toews and Hossa. When Kessel was a Leaf he was just "Phat Phil Kessel" and fans hated him for underachieving. If Bergevin goes after him, that's the Kessel he's going to get, not the Pittsburgh version. Kessel is only as good as the players around him.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
No, Kessel is not "so good". He only looks "so good" because he's surrounded by elite players like Crosby and Malkin. It's the same reason why Eller looks "so good" on the Caps with Ovechkin and Company or why Shaw looked good in Chicago when he was surrounded by guys such as Kane, Toews and Hossa. When Kessel was a Leaf he was just "Phat Phil Kessel" and fans hated him for underachieving. If Bergevin goes after him, that's the Kessel he's going to get, not the Pittsburgh version. Kessel is only as good as the players around him.
It's also the same reason Pacioretty is going to blow up on a better team when he's eventually traded from the Habs.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
It's also the same reason Pacioretty is going to blow up on a better team when he's eventually traded from the Habs.
Exactly. This is the essential difference between elite players and good supporting players. Elite players are elite wherever and with whomever they play. You put Ovechkin or Crosby on any team and they're going to play the same way. Guys like Pacioretty and Kessel need other players to make them better. They can't return the favor by making others around them better.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
But the thing is you still place a guy 3rd on your list. Whether or not the others are close, he’s still the 3rd best. You have four 2nds if they want to move back up for a late 1st. I say you take the guy you seem the 3rd best in a strong draft class and hope some guys you rate in the 1st drop to your 2nds, which is bound to happen.

The Habs have so many holes to fill and such a weak farm system they could use as many top picks as they can get. So if Zadina is 3rd on your list but the guy you have 8th on your list or someone you have at 4th but think he'll be there at 8th, let's say you know that all of them from 3 to 8 are so close that it's worth the gamble to add another 1st and still be able to get 4 quality picks in the 2nd round giving them 6 quality picks in the top 61 vs just taking Zadina and then trading 2 2nd round picks to move up, leaving you with just 4 quality top 61 picks.

This just seems like the year to get creative imo.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
they said that they are willing to trade down but betwen 6 th to 10 th

Yeah people should read the article before pitching proposals, they don't want to trade up, and they want centers and defense.

And while they're open to deal their pick, they don't mind sitting at 6 either.

Probably not the best trade partner, unless they want Pacioretty, which I doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->