Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season Editon

Would you take a gamble on Nail Yakupov for leauge minium contract?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
If we don’t get what we need for Patches, it would be better to keep him to raise his stock. We should focus on getting a PMD to help him rebound.

I don’t think Patches is done.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
These things don't happen in a vacuum. There are pressures that these GM's work under that are specific to their teams and markets which sometimes obligate them to do things they may not necessarily want to do but need to do in order to satisfy other considerations. Florida needs to sell tickets more than Montreal. That could impact what Tallon does as GM of the Panthers that he might not do if he were GM in a less crappy market.
I like what you bring here .

Reactions: Runner77

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
If we don’t get what we need for Patches, it would be better to keep him to raise his stock. We should focus on getting a PMD to help him rebound.

I don’t think Patches is done.

Highly doubt he is, but part of his value is being so cheap.

We need a number 1 centre and we're not getting that. If we do I'll be shoppy. Shocked-happy

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
lets be clear and go over this again

Tavares will never sihn with the habs even at 15m/y

stop daydreaming he won't join this country club with 2 of the biggest idiots as gm and owner
I still hope Tavares will sign with the Habs even if it's only a fantasy dream . But Jesus ! i can't stand when someone tells me what i should think and what i shouldn't . f*** you !

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
These things don't happen in a vacuum. There are pressures that these GM's work under that are specific to their teams and markets which sometimes obligate them to do things they may not necessarily want to do but need to do in order to satisfy other considerations. Florida needs to sell tickets more than Montreal. That could impact what Tallon does as GM of the Panthers that he might not do if he were GM in a less crappy market.

Right you are.

I had targeted the Canes as a team to try to work a trade well prior to the TDL I had read snippets about the new owner and it sounded to me he wanted his team in the postseason.

Obviously I don't know what went down but Francis did nothing, Canes didn't make the play offs and bang he is gone.

Did Francis not want to tamper with his youth just to make the post season?

Then when this was discussed I remember reading Cane fans pointing to comments the owner made which kind of indicated he was not going to rush anything.

Then, everybody but Aho is available.

GMs take marching orders from the owner. That is the bottom line, because it is about the bottom line and how an owner thinks he can best score the cash, and when.

So GMs can blah blah all they want.

If Tallon is told get me in the play offs this year then he is damn well going to do whatever he can to get in the play offs this year. And if he thinks Patches for Borgstrom will be a big help in him getting the Panthers in there, then he will do that trade.

Sidenote. That's also why I am worried about what MB will do, because it sure as heck seems Molson wants playoffs next season.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Absolutely horrible you still have no #1 center no #2 center no top puck moving LHD.

RNH will be considered a top tier#1C by the end of his current deal, provided he gets away from deadmonton...

Hickey & Sekera significantly upgrade our LD at relatively low cost & low risk. Both are solid puck movers.

Danault is not a top 60C, sure, but assuming Drouin can deliver close to expectations and Zadina is as advertised, then I think he'd be a great compliment to those two & I'd be pretty confident that trio would deliver quality 2nd line production.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
We know he needs to adjust his demands, but we know he needs to rebuild but somehow he and Molson don't. So if you know you are on your last legs of your job and if you had a big ego and it was looking like you would go down in history as one of the worst GM's the Habs have ever had, there's no telling how desperate he's going to be and what that means in regards to his moves. Maybe Molson steps and says something but do we even trust money bags Molson to know what a good hockey deal is?

I bet MB looks at Sakic and says it worked for him when everyone was saying he was crazy to ask for so much and hold out for so much. Just as he's saying look at the Avs turnaround and how we can do it! We just need better attitude in the room and we will be winners!

That's what's so scary. They have a great chance to rebuild now, get more draft picks over the next several years, develop better, stop rushing prospects to the NHL. Hope you land a 1st overall next year or the following. But instead it will likely be the what can I do to keep my job. Hope Price is back to being Price, hope Weber isn't slowed down by the foot injury, hope Shaw stays healthy, hope Drouin plays better at center, hope Lehkonen has a better year.

Yup, perfect storm for MB to pull off a historically bad move... Which is saying a lot considering the massive blunders he's already made.

Hope is a dangerous thing, especially when paired with incompetence.

Will be an "interesting" summer either way.

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
Yup, perfect storm for MB to pull off a historically bad move... Which is saying a lot considering the massive blunders he's already made.

Well talking for myself, I’ve been greatly disappointed these last 2 off seasons, so my expectations when it comes to MB being able to make good trades are very low. So low that making bad moves are expected. We’ll see what moves he makes at the draft..

Reactions: sheed36

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

Interesting can be a very bad word.

As in an astronomer sees an interesting large object heading into our solar system. Or a new interesting virus is discovered, from a corpse.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
I’m for trading Max but only if it’s worth it.

Top 15 pick+ Good prospect (Obviously the prospect depend on how high the pick is)

But none of this 15th pick+Mascherin bull ****.

Why?

His play has heavily declined (not just this year) and signing him after his sweetheart deal is likely to be expensive. He doesn't have a lot going for him other than his fast release, he's a fine skater, but not to the extent that he pressures defensemen and his passing seems to have gone downhill the past few years.

Combine this with his clear failures as a Captain since wearing the C. It really is time to move on from Patches.

So why not move him for whatever you can get (futures wise)?? Plenty of mid firsts have panned out to be great players.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
We know he needs to adjust his demands, but we know he needs to rebuild but somehow he and Molson don't. So if you know you are on your last legs of your job and if you had a big ego and it was looking like you would go down in history as one of the worst GM's the Habs have ever had, there's no telling how desperate he's going to be and what that means in regards to his moves. Maybe Molson steps and says something but do we even trust money bags Molson to know what a good hockey deal is?

I bet MB looks at Sakic and says it worked for him when everyone was saying he was crazy to ask for so much and hold out for so much. Just as he's saying look at the Avs turnaround and how we can do it! We just need better attitude in the room and we will be winners!

That's what's so scary. They have a great chance to rebuild now, get more draft picks over the next several years, develop better, stop rushing prospects to the NHL. Hope you land a 1st overall next year or the following. But instead it will likely be the what can I do to keep my job. Hope Price is back to being Price, hope Weber isn't slowed down by the foot injury, hope Shaw stays healthy, hope Drouin plays better at center, hope Lehkonen has a better year.

Damn.. That's a lot of hope's. :)

Shouldn't be long now though until MB finally unveils his secret "plan" Molson kept hinting about. Hang on to ya drawers everyone. :)

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Another team has to be willing to pay the required price in order for the Habs to trade down....onus is on those teams to step up with offers, which likely won't happen until the very last second.

So why wouldn't the Habs, at this point, overplay the fact that they're not moving off #3?

This is pretty standard draft negotiations.

In theory that's all well. But it all hinges on MB's idea of the required price (which let's be honest after settling on Weber and Drouin to now ask for Trocheck for Pacioretty is anybody's guess)

A trade down for Chicago's 8th + 27 or Detroit's 6th + 33 would be something we should do, I have no idea if MB would even consider it.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
In theory that's all well. But it all hinges on MB's idea of the required price (which let's be honest after settling on Weber and Drouin to now ask for Trocheck for Pacioretty is anybody's guess)

A trade down for Chicago's 8th + 27 or Detroit's 6th + 33 would be something we should do, I have no idea if MB would even consider it.
MB demanding Trochek has never been confirmed...it's grown into a mythical legend that frankly, if one is being honest, is extremely hard to believe (at least without a "Bergevin is an idiot so obviously he'd ask for a player he could never get", slant applied to it).

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
MB demanding Trochek has never been confirmed...it's grown into a mythical legend that frankly, if one is being honest, is extremely hard to believe (at least without a "Bergevin is an idiot so obviously he'd ask for a player he could never get", slant applied to it).

There were more than a few reports about it and considering this was the reported ask for the Kings "It’s believed that, when Los Angeles inquired, Bergevin’s ask involved Tyler Toffoli, 2017 first-rounder Gabriel Vilardi and possibly more. The Kings quickly said no." - Friedman. No, it's not extremely hard to believe.

Last edited:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
There were more than a few reports about it and considering this was the reported ask for the Kings "It’s believed that, when Los Angeles inquired, Bergevin’s ask involved Tyler Toffoli, 2017 first-rounder Gabriel Vilardi and possibly more. The Kings quickly said no." - Friedman. No, it's not extremely hard to believe.
Yeah I'm sure MB asked for Toffoli, Vilardi, 1st round pick "and possibly more" for Pacioretty.

Maybe that "more" was Anze Kopitar.

Sorry, I'm not that gullible

Reactions: The Great Schlemko

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
If MB is dead set on competing & not rebuilding (which I doubt)

:habs
Ryan O’Reilly
Rasmus Asplund

:sabres
3rd OVR
Andrew Shaw
David Schlemko

Tyler Johnson

:bolts
2nd 2018 (TOR)
2nd 2018 (WSH)
Paul Byron

Jake Muzzin

:kings
Max Pacioretty

Drouin-O’reilly-Scherbak
Galchenyuk-Johnson-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Danault-Hudon
Deslauriers-DLR-XXX

Muzzin-Weber
Mete-Petry
Rieilly-Juulsen/Benn
Lernout

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Yeah I'm sure MB asked for Toffoli, Vilardi, 1st round pick "and possibly more" for Pacioretty.

Maybe that "more" was Anze Kopitar.

Yeah can we not bring up what rumours say what Bergevin asked for?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Yeah can we not bring up what rumours say what Bergevin asked for?
Of course you can...

I just don't believe these guys know all the details of the discussion.

I'm sorry...Toffoli, Vilardi, 1st round pick and "possibly" more?

Why possibly? You either have the information or you don't Friedman...

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Of course you can...

I just don't believe these guys know all the details of the discussion.

I'm sorry...Toffoli, Vilardi, 1st round pick and "possibly" more?

Why possibly? You either have the information or you don't Friedman...
Why should you? I don't believe what those guys say. I seriously doubt Bergevin asked for a young, elite 1st line center on an absolute BARGAIN of a contract for longterm for Pacioretty.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL

Or still in denial apparently lol.

Every single report out there (and straight from Tallon's mouth) in the days leading up to the TDL and after had one common denominator: his price was high, way high. It's fine, just accept brah.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Or still in denial apparently lol.

Every single report out there (and straight from Tallon's mouth) in the days leading up to the TDL and after had one common denominator: his price was high, way high. It's fine, just accept brah.
I don't need to buy into unconfirmed and loosely presented rumors to renforce my thoughts about Bergevin's ability as a GM (which aren't positive btw).

I'm sure if Friedman had reported that Bergrvin was being reasonable with his demands, you wouldn't be so quick to vouch for him. This is clear a case of confirmation bias if I ever saw one.

Either way...MB's price SHOULD be high for Pacioretty.

So I don't see what's wrong with that, unless you'd be happier to read reports that Bergevin was calling GM's to take Pacioretty off his hands for a cut-rate price.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I don't need to buy into unconfirmed and loosely presented rumors to renforce my thoughts about Bergevin's ability as a GM.

I'm sure if Friedman had reported that Bergrvin was being reasonable with his demands, you wouldn't be so quick to vouch for him.

Either way...MB's price SHOULD be high for Pacioretty.

So I don't see what's wrong with that, unless you'd be happier to read reports that Bergevin was calling GM's to take Pacioretty off his hands for a cut-rate price.
I'd be happier if we hadn't missed the opportunity to cash in on Max's highest value point going forward.

Back to trading down, do you think he'd consider moving our pick for #9 and #27+?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad