Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season Editon

Would you take a gamble on Nail Yakupov for leauge minium contract?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Just read The Ringer piece. Had heard the item on 690 this morning. I really enjoyed the quality, in-depth writing of the article.

Love sites like this. Have seen other well-written pieces on sites like Five Thirty Eight and occasionally on Deadspin.

Any other sites of this quality, that you enjoy reading?
This one is really my "go-to"...I'm a big Bill Simmons fan.

This quote from The Ringer piece, is a gem:

The elder Colangelo joined the Sixers organization in late 2015—reportedly with encouragement from the NBA—to speed up Hinkie’s so-called “Process,” the slash-and-burn rebuild that amassed draft assets, cap space, and copious losses.

The slash-and-burn rebuild sounds like something the Habs should be doing for another two years.
That entire article brings sports investigative journalism to a whole new level.

I wonder how many athletes or sports executive have ghost twitter accounts. I bet more than most think.

Reactions: Runner77

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I do wonder what kind of off-season we are going to see as we should be getting the official word on where the cap is going to end up. I believe last year they announced it on June 18th. Without looking it up, so off the top of my head, if it's at 80M where the rumors say, it would likely be the biggest increase year over year. If so that would give more then a few teams who were a bit handicapped by the cap in previous off-seasons more room to move which could lead to more deals. Should be interesting.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Kovalchuk - RNH - Scherbak
Drouin - Danault - Zadina
Lekhonen - Pleks - Gallagher
Hudon - JDR - Dlo
(DalColle, Bellows, Rychel, McCarron)

Hickey - Weber
Sekera - Petry
Mete - Juulsen
Benn

Price
Niemi

To Edm
Galch, Byron, Shaw

To Mtl
RNH, Sekera, 2nd 2019
----------

To NYI
Patches, Alzner, Lingren

To Mtl
1st, DalColle, Bellows, conditional 2019 (2nd if Patches extends)
-------
Sign
Kovalchuk, 4yrs 6M/per
Pleks, 1 yr 2M
Hickey, 3 yrs 4M/per
Absolutely horrible you still have no #1 center no #2 center no top puck moving LHD.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Absolutely horrible you still have no #1 center no #2 center no top puck moving LHD.
Um ya we have a number 1 centre. His name is Drouin
Bergevin pretty much admitted he will be Centring this season.
This off season will be the worst of them all. It’s will be 7 years and no first line centre
Why Molson kept this idiot is mind boggling

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
I'd be trading Patch regardless if JT signs with us or not. I rather sign Grabner to replace Patch to be honest.

I disagree, I’d rather keep Max than replace him with Grabner.

I’m for trading Max but only if it’s worth it.

Top 15 pick+ Good prospect (Obviously the prospect depend on how high the pick is)

But none of this 15th pick+Mascherin bull shit.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Top 15 pick+ Good prospect (Obviously the prospect depend on how high the pick is)

But none of this 15th pick+Mascherin bull ****.

We agree on trading Patch but only if it's worth it. But if it's worth it, I am totally fine with JT and Grabner.... if we win the JT lottery that is.

I'm fine with a top 15 pick, Mascherin, and other pieces. A conditional 1st round pick in 2019 being the other piece or a grade A prospect

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

But none of this 15th pick+Mascherin bull ****.

I want a top 15 pick for Pac but I wonder if MB would do it. It was said his ask for Pac was very high and that he wanted a roster player. I can see him wanting to stick to that cause if you replace Pac with a say the 15th overall pick, that removes one of our best goal scorers/players with a return that is very likely several years away and he's got to know he doesn't have several years.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I want a top 15 pick for Pac but I wonder if MB would do it. It was said his ask for Pac was very high and that he wanted a roster player. I can see him wanting to stick to that cause if you replace Pac with a say the 15th overall pick, that removes one of our best goal scorers/players with a return that is very likely several years away and he's got to know he doesn't have several years.

I don't know if there is an appetite from the Habs to commit to what it would take to sign MaxPac. They need to move him, whether it's now or at the TDL.

MB will need to adjust his demands to what the market will bear -- simple as that. From what we've seen reported, it's not that he wasn't able to pull the trigger at the TDL, it looks like he mismanaged his negotiations. And that doesn't bode well for what he's going to do this summer -- still has the same pro scouting advisors in tow.

NekkiChiconey

Mar 17, 2016
Lisbon
Patcioretty to the Stars
For
Jason Spezza, 13th pick, Roope Hintz, 3rd round pick 2019

I would take Spezza's contract in order to obtain a better return. However I could see the Stars wanting to keep their first pick because the draft is in Dallas. Would you guys be satisfied with this trade?

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Patcioretty to the Stars
For

I would take Spezza's contract in order to obtain a better return. However I could see the Stars wanting to keep their first pick because the draft is in Dallas. Would you guys be satisfied with this trade?

I was kind of hoping Max can get a 1st and a B level prospect on his own. Taking Spezza only gives us Hintz extra.

It would be great if Spezza has bounce back and we trade him for extra returns at deadline though but that's a little bit of a gamble.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I was kind of hoping Max can get a 1st and a B level prospect on his own. Taking Spezza only gives us Hintz extra.

It would be great if Spezza has bounce back and we trade him for extra returns at deadline though but that's a little bit of a gamble.
Spezza has a NTC and the Montreal Canadiens are on his list of teams he would not accept a trade too (along with all other Canadian teams).

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Patcioretty to the Stars
For

I doubt Dallas trade their 2018 1st, but I wouldn't mind their 2019 1st, because it could very well be a top 10 pick. I would ask for Hintz, Robertson and 2019 1st for Pacioretty retained. Spezza has a 10 teams no trade list clause.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I don't know if there is an appetite from the Habs to commit to what it would take to sign MaxPac. They need to move him, whether it's now or at the TDL.

MB will need to adjust his demands to what the market will bear -- simple as that. From what we've seen reported, it's not that he wasn't able to pull the trigger at the TDL, it looks like he mismanaged his negotiations. And that doesn't bode well for what he's going to do this summer -- still has the same pro scouting advisors in tow.

We know he needs to adjust his demands, but we know he needs to rebuild but somehow he and Molson don't. So if you know you are on your last legs of your job and if you had a big ego and it was looking like you would go down in history as one of the worst GM's the Habs have ever had, there's no telling how desperate he's going to be and what that means in regards to his moves. Maybe Molson steps and says something but do we even trust money bags Molson to know what a good hockey deal is?

I bet MB looks at Sakic and says it worked for him when everyone was saying he was crazy to ask for so much and hold out for so much. Just as he's saying look at the Avs turnaround and how we can do it! We just need better attitude in the room and we will be winners!

That's what's so scary. They have a great chance to rebuild now, get more draft picks over the next several years, develop better, stop rushing prospects to the NHL. Hope you land a 1st overall next year or the following. But instead it will likely be the what can I do to keep my job. Hope Price is back to being Price, hope Weber isn't slowed down by the foot injury, hope Shaw stays healthy, hope Drouin plays better at center, hope Lehkonen has a better year.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Spezza has a NTC and the Montreal Canadiens are on his list of teams he would not accept a trade too (along with all other Canadian teams).

I don’t know his list.

To be honest though Spezza should be thrilled to come here. He’d have a team desperate to give him opportunities on a contract year...

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I don’t know his list.

To be honest though Spezza should be thrilled to come here. He’d have a team desperate to give him opportunities on a contract year...
Perhaps he would waive it...but I live in Ottawa, and lived through the Spezza years here.

it's widely known that he had all canadian teams on his NTC.

Doesn't change the trade proposal you just made, was more adding some context for you in case you didn't know.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Trade Patch to Colorado for a package, which includes Ottawa's 1st rounder 2019.
Ottawa wins the lottery and we get Hughes :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad