Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread - Mk 2.0 - Steals and Ripoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Overpayment? How about a 1st? :sarcasm:

You'll need to get him in a package deal with some roster player coming to Montreal, otherwise the trade will be pointless and the org would never bother.

My offer was Schlemko + Rieder. Schlemko is most definitely a roster player. Certainly should be a younger and better option at 5/6D to pair with Tinordi/Murray than Boullion, and gives the Habs flexibility to not rush Beaulieu into service.

Last edited:

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I think the most obvious and apparent need is a big and/or fast RW with scoring ability to open up room for Galchenyuk/Eller.

I honestly can't think of a much better fit than Alex Chiasson.

6'4 205lbs, 23yo, RW from Montreal. 13pts in 13gp at the NHL level with respectable and consistent numbers in the AHL.

He would cost A LOT. Any ideas on how we could acquire him while retaining our core?

Edit: Also a lifelong Habs fan according to Wikipedia.

Last edited:

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
I think the most obvious and apparent need is a big and/or fast RW with scoring ability to open up room for Galchenyuk/Eller.

6'4 205lbs, 23yo, RW from Montreal. 13pts in 13gp at the NHL level with respectable and consistent numbers in the AHL.

He would cost A LOT. Any ideas on how we could acquire him while retaining our core?

He would be absolutely perfect for us!! Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher, Collberg-Eller-Chiasson that's a great top 6!!

hogtownhabsfan*

The only real need for this team is a legit first line sniper. A Bobby Ryan or a Phil Kessel (both guys taht were traded for).

I'd give up some prospect depth for guys like that.

jpchabby

Drive for 25
Mar 3, 2006
The only real need for this team is a legit first line sniper. A Bobby Ryan or a Phil Kessel (both guys taht were traded for).

Of course you would, but they cost a lot more than "prospect depth". A lot more.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Look at this this way, I doubt any team would take Heatley for anything more than a 4th round draft pick now. Even there most teams would pass.

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec

Those are expensive to get though habs are pretty set for the future with a core that looks like this

Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Eller, Gallagher, McCarron, Collberg, Bournival up front

Subban, Tinordi, Beaulieu (hopefully Emelin) on the backend

Price and Fucale in nets

That's very solid but could be better, we should look to move some vets soon who's jobs can be completed by younger guys sooner rather than later for more important core pieces.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010

The player I've been most interested in drafting in the upcoming draft is Jake Virtanen, who will likely end up an inch or two shorter and 10 or 20 lbs heavier. I think he'd be a lot easier to acquire.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
He would be absolutely perfect for us!! Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher, Collberg-Eller-Chiasson that's a great top 6!!

Well, he's basically McCarron but local, ready for the NHL, and relatively proven. However, Chiasson doesn't fight as much.

I'm worried we don't have the right assets for Dallas to consider moving him.

McCarron, Collberg, Thomas, Beaulieu, or another highly-ranked prospect or young player would have to be going their way.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Would love to get Tye McGinn. Or if somehow we're able to clear DD....get Drew Stafford.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
My offer was Schlemko + Rieder. Schlemko is most definitely a roster player. Certainly should be a younger and better option at 5/6D to pair with Tinordi/Murray than Boullion, and gives the Habs flexibility to not rush Beaulieu into service.

I don't know if Shlemko is exactly what I meant by roster player. I mean someone who plays every night, a regular. Now I don't really know more than what the stats on nhl.com state, was he injured or something? (5 games out of 7) I wouldn't be happy if the org traded Bozon for band-aids, specially since Bozon has not played a single professional game yet. I would wish for a player who would fit on the roster for several seasons, which is what I hope Bozon can achieve in time.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I don't know if Shlemko is exactly what I meant by roster player. I mean someone who plays every night, a regular. Now I don't really know more than what the stats on nhl.com state, was he injured or something? (5 games out of 7) I wouldn't be happy if the org traded Bozon for band-aids, specially since Bozon has not played a single professional game yet. I would wish for a player who would fit on the roster for several seasons, which is what I hope Bozon can achieve in time.

Schlemko hasn't been injured this season, we just have 8 blueliners on one-way deals (a logjam that hopefully will be cleared up soon via trade). Right now he and Klesla have been rotating at 3LD.

He's had some injury issues in the past, but Schlemko's still has plenty of NHL experience and can log big minutes if needed, is entering his prime, and is signed on the cheap for this season and next (1.1875M AAV).

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
I don't see the obsession with trading Desharnais right now.

1-the Habs are better with him than without him, please don't give me this BS that Bournival can do better
2-a pile of NHL teams are in cap trouble right now, so it's a bad time to try and move salary
3-Even if we moved him and freed 3.5 mil off the books, what will we replace it with? Blunden? LeBlanc? Pass.
4-Galchenyuk is doing well on LW, why screw him up by giving him more responsibility at center, he would probably end up with less ice time tahn he has right now.
5-once the current season is done, teams will still be looking for centers and most of the ones in cap hell will get relief(players coming off the books, cap going up) and will be in a better position to take DD, then we can actually get good rurn instead of giving him away...then having to hear about getting nothing back(see Ribeiro, Kostitsyn, Beauchemin etc).

Can't believe that you still understand the fact that DD is talking some else's spot right now and could be EASILY replaced. Let's pretend that MaxPac is not injured, Prust has to play on our 4th line, which is a WASTE because Prust deserve way more ice time and he could help our 2nd or third line.

So STOP saying that we would be replacing DD with Moen or Prust or White, if DD is out, Briere is the one taking his spot AT center. Briere is a better player at center but because DD is so uni-dimensional, it's Briere or Galchenyuk that has to play on the wings just to make DD relevant.

So between having Briere useless on the wing on the top 9, I rather have Briere on his natural position, and Prust completing our top 9.

With DD: He sucks with Briere, Briere sucks on the wing and we are wasting Prust's abilities on the 4th line.

Without DD: Briere will be better as a center, Prust will be more useful in our 2nd our 3rd line.

So it shows that we can easily be as good without DD.

xposbrad

Jul 11, 2009
Can't believe that you still understand the fact that DD is talking some else's spot right now and could be EASILY replaced. Let's pretend that MaxPac is not injured, Prust has to play on our 4th line, which is a WASTE because Prust deserve way more ice time and he could help our 2nd or third line.

So STOP saying that we would be replacing DD with Moen or Prust or White, if DD is out, Briere is the one taking his spot AT center. Briere is a better player at center but because DD is so uni-dimensional, it's Briere or Galchenyuk that has to play on the wings just to make DD relevant.

So between having Briere useless on the wing on the top 9, I rather have Briere on his natural position, and Prust completing our top 9.

With DD: He sucks with Briere, Briere sucks on the wing and we are wasting Prust's abilities on the 4th line.

Without DD: Briere will be better as a center, Prust will be more useful in our 2nd our 3rd line.

So it shows that we can easily be as good without DD.

That's exactly it, he's getting ice time, taking up space. Plus he's still getting PP time. I'd rather have a 4.5m player who is wayyy better than DD than a 3.5 player like DD. But you are limited by the salary cap, so it's not like we could even spend the extra little bit of money to get a more complete player. That's what people need to understand, not only is it cap space tied into him, it's the fact we're prevented from really getting an even better player. If there was no salary cap, I wouldn't care as much, have him sit and just sign a UFA, but that's not how things work.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007

Make this a RHC.
Also the Stars are not going to give Chiasson just yet and today, Chiasson is a PPG player with 9 goals alone in 13 games. Would you give Gallagher for him? I wouldn't like that.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Desharnais >>>>> Briere

I'd like to see Briere at center and DD on the wing before making such statement but right now, you're right. Briere has been absolutely useless. Both of them are too similar, they need big bodies to play with, or at least a player that goes head first to the net and board to dig out the puck for them.

dreamingofdrouin*

It sounds great...but why would dallas ever want to get rid of him?

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I can think of a better fit: Evgeni Malkin ;-P

Seriously, if you want a player like Chiasson you draft one. (hopefully McCarron on the right will be as good)

Make this a RHC.
Also the Stars are not going to give Chiasson just yet and today, Chiasson is a PPG player with 9 goals alone in 13 games. Would you give Gallagher for him? I wouldn't like that.

I don't think Dallas fans would make that trade either.

Last edited:

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
It sounds great...but why would dallas ever want to get rid of him?

I'm not sure, I was appealing to the masses for ideas on what might work for both teams. We may just need to send him an offer sheet when the time comes or move a significant piece (i.e. Plekanec) if they're looking to compete now. They're very weak at centre right now and just lost a very important two-way player in Eriksson, maybe they're interested in Plekanec?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->