Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Gearing Up for the Off-season Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I was reading the coyotes board and someone suggested Strome + for Max. I am still high on Strome being a solid offensive center. Not sure what the plus would be but what is others thoughts on Strome for Max?
Perlini or Fischer with Strome for Pacioretty would be good. Pierre- Olivier Joseph or Nick Merkley would also be good.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Perlini or Fischer with Strome for Pacioretty would be good. Pierre- Olivier Joseph or Nick Merkley would also be good.

Though we don't seem to have much luck with 3rdOA picks, and the Stromes are underwhelming at this point, this is a trade to look at.

McGuires Corndog

Marc Bergevin juju exorcist
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Though we don't seem to have much luck with 3rdOA picks, and the Stromes are underwhelming at this point, this is a trade to look at.

Strome to me at this point his best case scenario he can become Alex Galchenyuk.

I’d rather get a first rounder in this years draft for Max than Dylan Strome.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Strome to me at this point his best case scenario he can become Alex Galchenyuk.

I’d rather get a first rounder in this years draft for Max than Dylan Strome.

My no.1 is a sign and trade of Patches for Florida' s first and Borgstrom.

We need the best C prospect we can get ftom a Patches trade.

Reactions: McGuires Corndog

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
We don't need the my GM said he won't do this, GM's aren't going to be 100% truthful it's not in their best interest. This thread is just for fun, it's not like any of these trades are actually going to happen.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
bergevin will obviously need a Plan B if he can't land Tavares, and with his recent comments about losing his love for the game while playing for the Buffalo Sabres, Ryan O'Reilly is likely to be on the block.
O'Reilly is a 27 year old center, signed long term who can play 5 on 5, on the power play and penalty kill. Over the last three years O'Reilly has found himself in the Top 10 for faceoff % including leading the league for the 2017-18 season.
He's also hit the 60 point plateau in two out of the last three seasons and scored 15 power play goals this season.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I expect other name to come out in the next few weeks. There might be plenty of opportunity for Bergevin either on D or at center.

Kings won't stay quiet after getting swept in the 1st round by Vegas.
Carolina won't stay quiet either, especially because their owners wants things moving
Edmonton was an absolute sad story this season, they will want to make some move
Buffalo's owner kind of said that big change are coming
There's Anaheim who might won't to change things a little.
Dallas, Florida and Calgary are not too happy either to miss the PO again.
If Washington don't make it to the ECF, things will change in Wash.

I see a lot of Pacioretty's trade....don't sell him cheap.
He can sign a new contract in 10 weeks.
Many will come knocking on that door.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
bergevin will obviously need a Plan B if he can't land Tavares, and with his recent comments about losing his love for the game while playing for the Buffalo Sabres, Ryan O'Reilly is likely to be on the block.
O'Reilly is a 27 year old center, signed long term who can play 5 on 5, on the power play and penalty kill. Over the last three years O'Reilly has found himself in the Top 10 for faceoff % including leading the league for the 2017-18 season.
He's also hit the 60 point plateau in two out of the last three seasons and scored 15 power play goals this season.
ROR would need to be an 80 point player with the Sabres in order to become a 60 point player with the Habs. 60 point players elsewhere become 40 point players when they put on the CH. That's why it's Tavares or bust.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
Pacioretty for Edmontons 1st in 2018 and 2019. Would you guys do it? Would you also retain 50% to make it go through? Next year is a HUGE year for centers in the draft. If Oilers are a wildcard team and we stay in the bottom 10, we could have 2 top 15 picks.

100% every single day until our sun goes supernova and another 100 years after that.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Pacioretty for Edmontons 1st in 2018 and 2019. Would you guys do it? Would you also retain 50% to make it go through? Next year is a HUGE year for centers in the draft. If Oilers are a wildcard team and we stay in the bottom 10, we could have 2 top 15 picks.

There is zero % chance that Edmonton would do that.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

ROR would need to be an 80 point player with the Sabres in order to become a 60 point player with the Habs. 60 point players elsewhere become 40 point players when they put on the CH. That's why it's Tavares or bust.

Are you saying, to end up with a 60-point C? ;)

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

I could be wrong, but I don't think that will even be possible as you can't really re-sign Pacioretty until after the draft, no? Unless you mean Borgström and NEXT YEAR's 1st rounder?

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Yes we're also so desperate for a centre of any kind to play for the big club...

Say we luck out and get #2 overall (no Dahlin for us). With the winger depth on the Habs' roster, I'd pick Svechnikov at #2 and trade Pacioretty for defensive help. While we're still developing our young Cs, (Poehling, maybe Bitten, or even Ikonen) and whomever we draft this season at the position, I'd definitely try to sign Tavares, but barring us landing the star C, I'd make a bid for Stasny as an UFA and another UFA C like, perhaps, Bozak so we could have 4 actual two-way Cs with varying degrees of offensive upside that would, at least, help us further develop the young wingers currently on this team, so that, when our young Cs are ready, our wingers are more productive and confident wingers that can help them succeed at the NHL level:

Galchenyuk (4.9M) - Stasny (5.5M - 6M X 4 yrs) - Svechnikov (950K - 3.75M)
Drouin (5,5M) - Bozak (5M X 4 yrs) - Gallagher (3.75M)
Hudon (650K) - Danault (3.5M) - Scherbak (1.063M)
Lehkonen (925K)/Byron (1.167M) - Evans (1.063M)/DeLaRose (725K) - Byron (1.167M)/Lehkonen (925K)
Shaw (3.9M), Deslauriers (775K)

PACIORETTY OUT POUR FOR DÉFENSIVE HELP COMING BACK IN A TRADE, WITH A PICK ON TOP, IDEALLY

Matheson (3.875M X 4 yrs)/Brodie (4.65M X 2 yrs) - Weber (7.857M)
Mete (1.063M)- Petry (5.5M)
Alzner (4.625M - Juulsen (1.063M)
Reilly (725K)

Price (10.5M)
Lindgren (738K) / Niemi (750K)

We'd only need to ship out Schlemko (which I think would be possible for a late-round pick) to fall in 1.3M under the projected 80M Cap, leaving enough space for the IR and including salaries to Shaw and Alzner, even.

Worst case scenario, don't go for Bozak and continue the Drouin exercise at C until you can land a 2nd top-6 C:

Galchenyuk (4.9M) - Stasny (5.5M - 6M X 4 ans) - Svechnikov (950K - 3.75M)
Lehkonen (925K)- Drouin (5,5M) - Gallagher (3.75M)
Byron (1.167M) - Evans (1.063M)/DeLaRose (725K) - Shaw (3.9M)
Deslauriers (775K)

PACIORETTY OUT POUR UN DÉFENSEUR ET UN CHOIX AU REPÊCHAGE

Schlemko (2.1M), Reilly (725K)

Price (10.5M)

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
Say we luck out and get #2 overall (no Dahlin for us). With the winger depth on the Habs' roster, I'd pick Svechnikov at #2 and trade Pacioretty for defensive help. While we're still developing our young Cs, (Poehling, maybe Bitten, or even Ikonen) and whomever we draft this season at the position, I'd definitely try to sign Tavares, but barring us landing the star C, I'd make a bid for Stasny as an UFA and another UFA C like, perhaps, Bozak so we could have 4 actual two-way Cs with varying degrees of offensive upside that would, at least, help us further develop the young wingers currently on this team, so that, when our young Cs are ready, our wingers are more productive and confident wingers that can help them succeed at the NHL level:

Galchenyuk (4.9M) - Stasny (5.5M - 6M X 4 yrs) - Svechnikov (950K - 3.75M)
Drouin (5,5M) - Bozak (5M X 4 yrs) - Gallagher (3.75M)
Lehkonen (925K)/Byron (1.167M) - Evans (1.063M)/DeLaRose (725K) - Byron (1.167M)/Lehkonen (925K)
Shaw (3.9M), Deslauriers (775K)

PACIORETTY OUT POUR FOR DÉFENSIVE HELP COMING BACK IN A TRADE, WITH A PICK ON TOP, IDEALLY

Reilly (725K)

Price (10.5M)

We'd only need to ship out Schlemko (which I think would be possible for a late-round pick) to fall in 1.3M under the projected 80M Cap, leaving enough space for the IR and including salaries to Shaw and Alzner, even.

Worst case scenario, don't go for Bozak and continue the Drouin exercise at C until you can land a 2nd top-6 C:

Galchenyuk (4.9M) - Stasny (5.5M - 6M X 4 ans) - Svechnikov (950K - 3.75M)
Lehkonen (925K)- Drouin (5,5M) - Gallagher (3.75M)
Byron (1.167M) - Evans (1.063M)/DeLaRose (725K) - Shaw (3.9M)
Deslauriers (775K)

PACIORETTY OUT POUR UN DÉFENSEUR ET UN CHOIX AU REPÊCHAGE

Schlemko (2.1M), Reilly (725K)

Price (10.5M)

We have a bit of a timing issue unfortunately and that is by the time the centers are ready (though we don't even have a potential 1C coming), Weber will be pretty much over the hill and Price will be old as well.
As far as the draft goes, I always believe you draft the best player available rather than the position you need.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
We have a bit of a timing issue unfortunately and that is by the time the centers are ready (though we don't even have a potential 1C coming), Weber will be pretty much over the hill and Price will be old as well.
As far as the draft goes, I always believe you draft the best player available rather than the position you need.

That's why I'd pick Svechnikov with the #2, for starters. Outside of Price being 34 and weber being near the end of his playing days with MON, other Ds will have been drafted to replace Weber and Price can still be useful at that age. Most of the wingers would be 25, 26, 27 and 28 by then. We'd be in a position to make a run at the Cup for a few years, IMO, maybe as many as 3 or 4 with Price there.

Reactions: habsfan909

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I could be wrong, but I don't think that will even be possible as you can't really re-sign Pacioretty until after the draft, no? Unless you mean Borgström and NEXT YEAR's 1st rounder?

Technically you're right.....but a lot of talks still happen on the side.
Verbal agreement can be made.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
I still think you are going to see Pacioretty to Columbus. They would like a scoring winger. They have a narrow window to win. And need to, because their attendance would sag considerably if they don't.

Boone Jenner is the kind of centre this team doesn't have. Big and mean. I mean there's McCarron, but nobody is optimistic about him. He can't skate. Pacioretty, Mc Carron for Columbus 1st, Jenner and a d prospect.

Add David Perron. He can score. Replaces Pacioretty. And RH shot adds another dimension.

Add Paul Stastny. Leader up the middle.

The two would come at about $14 million in cap space. Should be enough room for that. The loss of Pacioretty and Plekanec saves $10.5 million.

Drouin seems to be playing better without Galchenyuk. Lehkonen is a skater so that's two elite skaters on one line. I'd go with

Lehkonen-Drouin-Perron
Galchenyuk-Stastny-Scherbak

Top 2 centres are interchangeable. And if Drouin struggles, which is not a given, Danault could step up, move Drouin to the wing, push Lehkonen down to the 4th.

Byron-Jenner-Gallagher, shutdown line, Jenner adds that edge. As a guy who has scored 30, and now has 6, I'd say he could produce about 20 flanking those two wingers. If Poehling develops, Jenner moves to the wing.

Deslauriers-Danault-A. Shaw

Deslauriers gets in because he kills penalties.

I'd say PK ends up

Deslauriers-Danault
Byron-Gallagher (Captain kills penalties, rather well too)
Lehkonen-Jenner

That's a 4 line team though. With a lot more size and skill.

Hudon can hang around. I'd keep Froese. 4th line PKer, C/RW always good to have. Journeyman or not.

Defense:

Mete-Weber
Reilly-Petry
Alzner-Juulsen
Benn, Valiev

Benn is there to replace the bigger d, in relief, Valiev the better skaters.

Defense isn't slow. I mean Alzner is, but he and Juulsen form a PK duo.

As do Mete-Weber.

I think Lernout competes with Juulsen for a spot out of camp. Would be nice to add another LH defenseman for depth, so entry-level.

I'd trade DLR for whatever you can get. Someone to help Laval. Carr signs as a tweener, which he is.
Bring in a guy like Chaput for the Rocket, and a veteran goalie...Would Niemi play 3rd string in Montreal? Signed to a one way. He'd be good to have around, especially when integrating prospects like Ikonen. Taormina is already in the minors. So Schlemko should go, I say Edmonton would take him. They need PKers.

I think that's enough of a team to get to the dance.

1. Toronto (with Tavares)
2. Boston
3. Montreal
4. Tampa (because their d is slower:)

And you have 6 picks in the first 2 rounds. Something to build with.
You lost me when you said top 2 centers.... I still only see 1. Drouin is NOT a centre.
Oh wait I see at the bottom that we are now better than Tampa?? Now I'm truly blown away. I can't even understand how that came to be.

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->