Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Gearing Up for the Off-season Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
RoR is exactly what this team needs if it wants to keep the mediocrity they've established the last 25 years. A glorified 2nd liner who's good defensively and paid like a no1... he's a perfect habs no1 center in the Koivu, Gomez and Plekanec mold. We should stay far away from him as possible, unless somehow we get lucky enough to draft a McDavid, Matthews, Barzal or Eichel. You can afford a 7,5mil 2nd line center when your young no1 is making peanuts... why do you think Buffalo want to trade him ? Eichel will be making real money next season... and guess what happens when a team needs to get rid of their overpaid, overrated no2 center, they make a call to Mtl... they know we're dumb enough to take him AND pay a real premium for him.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
RoR is exactly what this team needs if it wants to keep the mediocrity they've established the last 25 years. A glorified 2nd liner who's good defensively and paid like a no1... he's a perfect habs no1 center in the Koivu, Gomez and Plekanec mold. We should stay far away from him as possible, unless somehow we get lucky enough to draft a McDavid, Matthews, Barzal or Eichel. You can afford a 7,5mil 2nd line center when your young no1 is making peanuts... why do you think Buffalo want to trade him ? Eichel will be making real money next season... and guess what happens when a team needs to get rid of their overpaid, overrated no2 center, they make a call to Mtl... they know we're dumb enough to take him AND pay a real premium for him.

Bingo bango bongo!! RoR is perfect for Bergevin because it'll help us sneak into the 7-8 seed and then in the playoffs it's all luck anyways.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Patches for ROR straight up
Chucky + 2nd for Hanafin
Throw $12MM at Tavares
Draft still a mystery but Dahlen cancels Chucky trade. Though it’s a long shot.
If we luck out and get Svetchnikov or zadina, I’d insert them into the top 6 or 9. Any other draftee, I’d let develop until ready.

Drouin Tavares Gally
Lehkonen ROR Scherbak
Byron Danault Shaw
DLo DLR Hudon
L. Shaw Carr

Hanafin Weber
Schlemko Petry
Alzner Juulsen
Reilly

Mete in AHL to develop under new coach.

Would love a UFA signed Tavares and would do Patches for ROR in a heartbeat but Sabres I dont see touching that.

I really like Chucky but I woyld do that Hanifin trade. Hanifin had the first half of a guy becoming a top pair D but cratered second half. So he is still 2nd pair.

To get a top pair D man you draft him or pay up huge, unless you get him before he becomes that. The Canes are desperate for post season and that was clear to me given what the owner was saying, but unfortunately for Francis he didnt make a move to accomplish that. I think tje Canes are a team that will be looking to mal2e a big deal and a player like Hanifin could be available when ordinarily he wouldnt. They might see Chucky as a C. Too bad Dumb and Dumber didnt play him at C to at least show case him.

Reactions: shutehinside

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Bingo bango bongo!! RoR is perfect for Bergevin because it'll help us sneak into the 7-8 seed and then in the playoffs it's all luck anyways.

And then we “can do some damage” and “anything can happen.”

No to O’Reilly unless he comes at a bargain price.

I’d rather trade Pacioretty to Florida for Bjugstad and a 1st. Bjustad could easily fill a second line center role and bring us decent production at a reasonable cost. Meanwhile we could look at adding a center via UFA, with the most popular option being Stastny.

In summary:

To Florida Panthers: Max Pacioretty

To Montreal Canadiens: Nick Bjustad, 1st round pick 2018, 2nd round pick 2019

Acquire via UFA, Paul Stastny.

Draft: 2 first round picks, 4 second round picks, hopefully we win the draft lottery, and are able to take Dahlin with the first overall pick, and one of Jesperi Kotkaniemi, Joe Veleno or the guy I like Barrett Hayton with the first rounder they acquired from Florida.

2018-19 lineup looks like:

Drouin - Stastny - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Bjustad - Galchenyuk
Byron - Danault - Shaw (Andrew)
Deslauriers - De La Rose - Shaw (Logan)

Dahlin (hopefully)- Weber
Mete - Petry
Reilly - Juulsen
Alzner

Price
Lindgren

Reactions: Weber Fan

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

I’d rather trade Pacioretty to Florida for Bjugstad and a 1st. Bjustad could easily fill a second line center role and bring us decent production at a reasonable cost. Meanwhile we could look at adding a center via UFA, with the most popular option being Stastny.

In summary:

Draft: 2 first round picks, 4 second round picks, hopefully we win the draft lottery, and are able to take Dahlin with the first overall pick, and one of Jesperi Kotkaniemi, Joe Veleno or the guy I like Barrett Hayton with the first rounder they acquired from Florida.

Mete - Petry
Reilly - Juulsen
Alzner

Price
Lindgren

Florida ? Think Borgstrom.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018

In summary:

Mete - Petry
Reilly - Juulsen
Alzner

Price
Lindgren
I mean A) we have less than 10% chance of winning the lottery so don't count on Dahlin and B) didn't FLA already say no to that trade?
Also - Benn and Schlemko and Alzner will all play ahead of Juulsen/Reilly. Which is moronic but it's the Habs.

We can all speculate and dream but realistically, based on Marc being unable to acquire a top 6 C in 6 seasons, our centers next year will be Drouin, Danault, Byron/DLR, Plekanec.
In 6 seasons Marc has come nowhere near acquiring a centre. Suddenly he is competent enough to get Stastny or Tavares (or in some posters minds BOTH of them). Marc will do as he does. He will resign Pleks on the very 1st day and say we need attitude players like that. And then he will fail to do anything of note.

Weber Fan

Feb 13, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site

In summary:

Mete - Petry
Reilly - Juulsen
Alzner

Price
Lindgren

Really like the idea to trade Patch for Bjugstad and the 1st...Bjugstad is the kind of 2nd center we need...Big, skill and good on Faceoffs!

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I think it’s realistic to get Florida’s 1st, Bjugstad and something small. I actually like that deal for us.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Florida just missed the play offs and Borgstrom is not taking out Barkov or Trochek as their top 2Cs any time soon. Now if they think they have the luxury of Borgstrom as a 3C, well fine.

Florida wants play offs badly. Florida, Calgary and Carolina are 3 non play off teams who really want into the post season and there may be trades to be had.

Dadonov though can play RW and Patches slips in at LW. Real centres and PMDs so Patches should fill the net for them and help them go toe to toe with Tampa, Leafs and Pens. As a bonus, Patches is good defensively and I think Florida could use that.

Florida says no well then its no. But I think there is reason for them to be interested even at the cost of Borgstrom. MB needs to be talking to Tallon and be prepared to overpay. Add in Shaw, or a 2nd, fine by me.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'd try and push Pac + Petry to the panthers, see if we could get Borgstrom and a 1st. Panthers fans won't like it but it's at least what I would want to see us try. Besides I don't think MB has figured out that he needs to rebuild yet so we'll likely get some crap moves to try and make the playoffs next year. Cause we are f***ed until we get a new GM/owner.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I'd try and push Pac + Petry to the panthers, see if we could get Borgstrom and a 1st. Panthers fans won't like it but it's at least what I would want to see us try. Besides I don't think MB has figured out that he needs to rebuild yet so we'll likely get some crap moves to try and make the playoffs next year. Cause we are ****ed until we get a new GM/owner.
That is a lot to give for the 15th overall and Borgstrom. Florida better throw McCoshen and Malgin.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
That is a lot to give for the 15th overall and Borgstrom. Florida better throw McCoshen and Malgin.

don't care if we overpay, as long as we get Borgstrom who was likely the best player in the NCAA this year and the 15th overall pick. He would be our top prospect going into the draft by a mile and depending who we get with our top 7 he might be our top prospect after that.

Maybe they would throw in Mascherin since he won't sign anyway.

Reactions: Frank JT

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
Panthers seem like the perfect trade partner for patches .
.They need scoring winger , we need C

We have Patches , they have a ton of C's .

Problem is we want more than bjugstad and they wont trade Bjorgstrom .

Patches for Bjorgstrom kind of fixes both teams but it depends who needs to add .

Fla has Trocheck and Barkov then they have other C prospects as well that i forget . Maybe an extended patches plays into a trade on Jul 1st

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Panthers seem like the perfect trade partner for patches .
.They need scoring winger , we need C

We have Patches , they have a ton of C's .

Problem is we want more than bjugstad and they wont trade Bjorgstrom .

Patches for Bjorgstrom kind of fixes both teams but it depends who needs to add .

Fla has Trocheck and Barkov then they have other C prospects as well that i forget . Maybe an extended patches plays into a trade on Jul 1st
Then go for Heponiemi, 1st and Mascherin.

Reactions: montreal

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Honestly, I am not interested in Oreily. An ok player. Never been part of a winning culture.
I guess the gold medals he got for 2008 U17, 2008 Ivan Hlinka, 2015 & 2016 WC and the silver for the 2017 WC were all awarded to the teams with the best losing culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad