Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Gearing Up for the Off-season Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
If MB can trade the 5thOA and Chucky for ROR and the 32nd OA he will do this in a heart beat. Quite frankly, I think he would do this whether we have the 2nd , 3rd or 4th pick. For the 1st OA, he would want PLD.

And this is why my excitement about the draft lottery has tanked.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Hey any interest in
If Montreal doesn't win the draft they are looking at something like 5OA

ROR + 32nd pick for Galchenyuk + 5OA

The 32nd pick is almost a 1st round pick given you could easily grab a guy who fell out of the first at 32nd I also see during the season Galchenyuk was in most Montreal trade proposals.

close?
That is pretty awful for the Habs. Not interested in Oreilly unless we get Tavares AND Dahlin. Otherwise, we should be tanking.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Patches for ROR straight up
Chucky + 2nd for Hanafin
Throw $12MM at Tavares
Draft still a mystery but Dahlen cancels Chucky trade. Though it’s a long shot.
If we luck out and get Svetchnikov or zadina, I’d insert them into the top 6 or 9. Any other draftee, I’d let develop until ready.

Drouin Tavares Gally
Lehkonen ROR Scherbak
Byron Danault Shaw
DLo DLR Hudon
L. Shaw Carr

Hanafin Weber
Schlemko Petry
Alzner Juulsen
Reilly

Mete in AHL to develop under new coach.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Hey any interest in
If Montreal doesn't win the draft they are looking at something like 5OA

ROR + 32nd pick for Galchenyuk + 5OA

The 32nd pick is almost a 1st round pick given you could easily grab a guy who fell out of the first at 32nd I also see during the season Galchenyuk was in most Montreal trade proposals.

close?

bolded part - yes, we know. it doesn't make it more appealing.

Add Reinhart and the Habs would bite.
ROR + 32nd for 5OA
Reinhart for Galchenyuk

I'd say ROR's value is a 1st, around the 10-15th pick. The 32nd is used to make up the difference.
The 2nd component is a wash.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
That is pretty awful for the Habs. Not interested in Oreilly unless we get Tavares AND Dahlin. Otherwise, we should be tanking.

Molson thinks we're going to be able to attract UFAs.

I hope we get to see his reaction in an interview when he finds out, not only Tavares, but NO ONE WANTS TO COME HERE. Time to tank Geoff - and not let Bergevin try to use our cap space and trade away our best trade chips for small francophone wingers, aging, slow dmen, and "character" players with no skill.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I already said I liked ROR, but this obsession with him last several pages is too much. I wouldn’t want to move Galchenyuk for him, but if we did, I sure as heck am not giving up our first, unless it’s the first in a package we may get if we trade Pacioretty, which would be a mid-teen pick.

Would Buffalo take Drouin? I’d move him for ROR without blinking.

Reactions: Habs Icing

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
What Habs need is 2019 drafts center Jack Hughes, add Tkachuk this season to be the PWF all Elite teams have. Of course getting a trade done for another 1st in 2018, to get a speedy natural center to play behind Hughes would be great. Already have young PMD coming adding to Weber, Petry, Mete & Juulsen.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
What Habs need is 2019 drafts center Jack Hughes, add Tkachuk this season to be the PWF all Elite teams have. Of course getting a trade done for another 1st in 2018, to get a speedy natural center to play behind Hughes would be great. Already have young PMD coming adding to Weber, Petry, Mete & Juulsen.
And if by some chance we don't win the draft lottery next year we are stuck with a complementary winger with nobody to complement..... And who are these PMD we have already????

Reactions: mariolemieux66

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Honestly, I am not interested in Oreily. An ok player. Never been part of a winning culture.

How is that his fault exactly? He’s a consistent 60 point two-way centre that wins the vast majority of his faceoffs, plays 20 mins a game and never takes penalties. It sounds like he’s doing his part.

axman88

Apr 5, 2007
How is that his fault exactly? He’s a consistent 60 point two-way centre that wins the vast majority of his faceoffs, plays 20 mins a game and never takes penalties. It sounds like he’s doing his part.

Never said it was his fault. Not interested in him for the reasons stated above.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
f6bcec365afbcd7af1e55eb6493c16169cfef402a978e8d6ba6ab8b0b7f48ff5.jpg

JFhdMnll.jpg

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Never said it was his fault. Not interested in him for the reasons stated above.

The reason was he wasn’t part of a winning culture, like it has something to do with him. McDavid hasn’t been part of one either, do we not want him? Or John Tavares?

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
bolded part - yes, we know. it doesn't make it more appealing.

Add Reinhart and the Habs would bite.
ROR + 32nd for 5OA
Reinhart for Galchenyuk

I'd say ROR's value is a 1st, around the 10-15th pick. The 32nd is used to make up the difference.
The 2nd component is a wash.

Derek Stepan got the Rangers the 7th OA in 2017 and ROR is better. ROR has a longer but more expensive contract than Stepan. Think the 5th OA is closer based on that trade.

Weber Fan

Feb 13, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
3 moves...Dont know if it's fit the cap!

1) Sign Tavares
2) Trade Galchenyuk for ROR
3) Trade Patches for TJ Brodie

Drouin-Tavares-Gallagher
Lehkonen-ROR-Sherback
Hudon-Danault-Byron
Shaw-DLR-Deslauriers
Rychel

Brodie-Weber
Mete-Petry
Alzner-Juulsen
Reilly

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Derek Stepan got the Rangers the 7th OA in 2017 and ROR is better. ROR has a longer but more expensive contract than Stepan. Think the 5th OA is closer based on that trade.

Stepan came with Raanta, who was a big piece of the trade. .927, with 2.26 GAA. The Coyotes saw him as the eventual starter. ROR didn't land the 7th pick on his own.

Reactions: c3z4r

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
3 moves...Dont know if it's fit the cap!

1) Sign Tavares
2) Trade Galchenyuk for ROR
3) Trade Patches for TJ Brodie

Drouin-Tavares-Gallagher
Lehkonen-ROR-Sherback
Hudon-Danault-Byron
Shaw-DLR-Deslauriers
Rychel

Brodie-Weber
Mete-Petry
Alzner-Juulsen
Reilly
No it wont work.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Stepan came with Raanta, who was a big piece of the trade. .927, with 2.26 GAA. The Coyotes saw him as the eventual starter. ROR didn't land the 7th pick on his own.

Hey thanks for that. Maybe 8 to 10 ?Outside of top 10, I think that is unlikely , but that is just my gut reaction.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
You can literally say the same thing about Taylor Hall.

It was said, actually. Some wondered if part of the reason for the trade was to change the culture of the Oilers dressing room.

In any event, Hall alone wasn't enough. The Devils finished the following season 11th worse in the league.
6 of their top 8 scorers weren't on the team last season. This group of 6 includes Hischier, Vatanen, Butcher, and Bratt ... plus a couple late-season additions - Maroon, Grabner.

If they trade for ROR, the Habs would still have a lot of work to do to emulate the Devils. They'd have to retool their D (Vatanen, Butcher), develop their prospects (Bratt, Zacha), draft an elite talent (Hischier).

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Hey thanks for that. Maybe 8 to 10 ?Outside of top 10, I think that is unlikely , but that is just my gut reaction.

yeah, around that range sounds fine. After the 1st wave of 'top 5' potentials are gone. Picks aren't exactly like currency since teams can only give what they've got. So, it depends on what pick the acquiring team has and what the draft board's looking like.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
yeah, around that range sounds fine. After the 1st wave of 'top 5' potentials are gone. Picks aren't exactly like currency since teams can only give what they've got. So, it depends on what pick the acquiring team has and what the draft board's looking like.

Yes.

I just dont see why Buffalo would trade him , and especially for a pick. That team is imploding and they need parts to get into the post season now. Why bother with draft picks ? Makes no sense.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Yes.

I just dont see why Buffalo would trade him , and especially for a pick. That team is imploding and they need parts to get into the post season now. Why bother with draft picks ? Makes no sense.

I can them trading him because he obviously doesn’t want to be there anymore. I agree I don’t think they want a pick for him but rather an actual impact player they can insert NOW. Chucky probably fits best into their team now but Patches is the higher quality player they may want if they think he’ll resign there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->