Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Gearing Up for the Off-season Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Who knows. But to convince him to come to Montreal, I think it takes 5-6 years at $6m. Just my guess.

I'd be very surprised if a team goes 5 years with him but could be wrong. Never know how desperate teams can be. All depends on JT though and if he can be had to even begin with.
That should be a fun week, draft followed by July 1st. That's what is all that is to look forward to from now to then, well maybe lottery night!!!

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Why are people interested in committing more money to more average defenders? What does CDH solve, honestly?

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Oilers should be contacted. I still really think RNH would be a fantastic option down the middle for us assuming we can't land any of the UFA

I like Nugent-Hopkins. Like Galchenyuk, his development was stunted by entering the NHL too young. More so for RNH, because I believe he injured his shoulder his first year, being physically too small for the NHL. I don't think the Oilers are bent on trading him. I think they have more of a comfort zone having him behind Mc David, and having Draisaitl play with the phenom. Sad that a team that drafts wingers with their top picks year after year has no wingers, other than the slowly developing Puljaarvi. Patches would never in a thousand years sign long term in Edmonton, so unless you offer Galchenyuk you couldn't get the Nuge out of Edmonton. And if you're Edmonton, you'd be scared of losing the Nuge, then having one of your top centres get injured and having no one to replace him with. There's no centres behind the kids, nothing for depth. Quite a mess, when comparing messes.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Stastny ? CDH?

Sure these guys could help get us into the play offs, maybe, but that is about it. Are people really buying into the " anything can happen " bull about just getting into the post season ? Is that good enough now ?

Look at the competition. We would have 0 chance against the many strong teams out there.

Look at the Rangers. They had 2 legit 2Cs in Zibanejed and Stepan and traded Stepan for the 7th overall pick and took Lias Andersson. Also selected Chytil with their 21st overall. Tjey also were sellers even though they could have bought and maybe made the post season. Why ?

Because the Rangers see they could make the play offs but figured with what they have they are not Cup contenders. And they want a Cup.

Having 2 2Cs isnt good enough and they now have 2 prospect Cs with 1C potential . They are taking a risk but were preparef to do so to build that contender.

We need to do as the Rangers. Not settle for mediocrity yet again.

So please, no Stastnys or yet another top 4 D in CDH. These guys will tie up another $10M a year for 5 years and will fully lock us into mediocrity.

MB needs to go for young high skill prospects even if they wont be there for us next season.

habsreset

Mar 2, 2018
Pacioretty + Schlemko for RNH + Klefbom
A. Shaw for V. Rask
Sign JVR (5yrs @ 5.5M)

Galchenyuk - RNH - Drouin
JVR - Rask - Gallagher
Hudon - Danault - Lehkonen
Deslauriers - DLR - Byron
Scherbak

Klefbom - Weber
Mete - Petry
Alzner - Juulsen
Rielly - Benn

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Then they will have too many bloated contracts on defence with Weber, Petry, Alzner and DeHaan. And only two of those have any kind of talent and only one is an excellent skater. It’s short-sighted IMO.

I don't think you read my post.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Not that its likely, but I've been wondering about Andrew Shaw in a Calgary Flames jersey. With Montreal getting one of Calgary's good D-prospects (one of Fox/Valimaki/Kylington/Andersson) back. With other pieces to even things out (picks/cap dumps).

My thinking is that:

a) Calgary desperately needs quality depth to complement the high quality players they have.
b) Burke and Treliving really like guys like Shaw (players with character and playoff experience).
c) Shaw is useful for them in a secondary role since he's not old, a strong possession guy, can play both special teams and can play multiple positions.
d) Calgary has a ton of money tied up in their D-core and have a deep D-core. It'll be hard to get all of Fox/Valimaki/Kylington/Andersson the ice-time they need to develop.
e) Montreal needs high-end defensive prospects and can make good on a deal by absorbing cap.

Perhaps something along the lines of:

To Calgary:
Andrew Shaw
2018 MTL 3rd

To Montreal:
Oliver Kylington
Troy Brouwer (50% Cap retention by CGY)

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
Pacioretty + Schlemko for RNH + Klefbom
A. Shaw for V. Rask
Sign JVR (5yrs @ 5.5M)

Galchenyuk - RNH - Drouin
JVR - Rask - Gallagher
Hudon - Danault - Lehkonen
Deslauriers - DLR - Byron
Scherbak

Klefbom - Weber
Mete - Petry
Alzner - Juulsen
Rielly - Benn
Ewww no, can we stop with the RNH crap ? Rather high picks and blue chippers for patches. Rnh is not the answer for this team we can do better

Reactions: Tuggy

SlappyHabby

Jun 11, 2014
I wouldn’t be opposed to signing Statsny personally. I think he is a more realistic target than Tavares and we just might be able to convince him to sign with us if we’re lucky.

I realize he is not the player he once was, but considering our glaring need of a true C and our refusal to play Galch there and insistence on playing a winger in Drouin at the position instead when he clearly belongs at wing, we have little choice in the matter.

It’s not the most ideal scenario or solution, but since Bergevin is hellbent on going for a quick retool instead of a rebuild as he should, then signing Statsny at least adresses a need and just might work out for us.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Pac becomes more expandable if teams can negotiate with him in the summer no?

Jankowski is a guy i really want as he seems like a very good 2C in the making

Getting Valimaki too would be the top cherry

If we sign Tavares we get our 1st c?

Then you sign Kovalchuk to replace Max

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
Pac becomes more expandable if teams can negotiate with him in the summer no?

Jankowski is a guy i really want as he seems like a very good 2C in the making

Getting Valimaki too would be the top cherry

If we sign Tavares we get our 1st c?

Then you sign Kovalchuk to replace Max
#1 Tavares won't be signing here, sadly.
#2 The chances Bergevin will land another Russian are somewhere between 0 and less than 0 percent. You don't think they notice how he traded and dumped them all off? Or how he F-ed with Markov and Radulov? Final offer non sense... calling out Markov in the media that he doesn't speak much and it's his fault?

CMON MAN!!!

Game

Sep 18, 2010
Montreal, Qc
#1 Tavares won't be signing here, sadly.
#2 The chances Bergevin will land another Russian are somewhere between 0 and less than 0 percent. You don't think they notice how he traded and dumped them all off? Or how he F-ed with Markov and Radulov? Final offer non sense... calling out Markov in the media that he doesn't speak much and it's his fault?

CMON MAN!!!
Hey you never know, money talks. If Tavares is offered the max contract by the Habs on July 1st, I'm sure he'd consider it. With Molson publically mentioning Tavares' name, it's not so farfetched should he hit the free agent market.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
The eternal optimist in me doesn’t get why so many people say there’s no chance JT signs here. In fact, outside of the Isles, I’d give us the best odds of anyone out there including St. Louis.

We have an all world goalie and defenceman who he knows well and has played with before. We have a top NHL sniper in Patches or a bunch of young assets he’ll be traded for. We have Chucky and Drouin who are incredibly talented and can easily be 30+ goal scorers in his wing. We have up and coming players like Poehling, Juulsen, Scherbak and who ever we draft in the draft this year. We have all the cap in the world to sign him and other players needed to get to the next level, a committed owner who’ll do what he needs to win. We have a hockey market and world class fan base that top tier players like Tavares crave to get the respect they deserve on the national spot light and tons of potential endorsement deals. As for the taxes, that gets compensated in FX with the CAD being around 25% less than USD which more than compensates for the tax differential of nearly any state.

So please explain what a team with a solid core, deep pockets and in the most storied franchise in league history has absolutely no chance of signing a player like Tavares where he’ll be a demigod in the city? Makes all the sense in the world to me for him to come here.

Reactions: Dannyhab

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
The eternal optimist in me doesn’t get why so many people say there’s no chance JT signs here. In fact, outside of the Isles, I’d give us the best odds of anyone out there including St. Louis.

We have an all world goalie and defenceman who he knows well and has played with before. We have a top NHL sniper in Patches or a bunch of young assets he’ll be traded for. We have Chucky and Drouin who are incredibly talented and can easily be 30+ goal scorers in his wing. We have up and coming players like Poehling, Juulsen, Scherbak and who ever we draft in the draft this year. We have all the cap in the world to sign him and other players needed to get to the next level, a committed owner who’ll do what he needs to win. We have a hockey market and world class fan base that top tier players like Tavares crave to get the respect they deserve on the national spot light and tons of potential endorsement deals. As for the taxes, that gets compensated in FX with the CAD being around 25% less than USD which more than compensates for the tax differential of nearly any state.

So please explain what a team with a solid core, deep pockets and in the most storied franchise in league history has absolutely no chance of signing a player like Tavares where he’ll be a demigod in the city? Makes all the sense in the world to me for him to come here.
If the Habs had a solid core, we wouldnt be talking about the draft lottery and al...
seriously, people should stop with this crap, MOST NHLers arent old enough to remember Habs last cup...

Reactions: NoQuinn

jmurray77

Oct 10, 2006
14 million for Taveres , trade Max for Josh Anderson and a draft pick . 6-3 221 pound Rw .
Taveres-Anderson-Drouin
Hudon-Gallagher-Galychnuk
Danult-Shaw-Byron
Pleckanec-Lehkonen-Delaurais/Sherbek

Riley-Weber
Mete-Petry
Alzner-Jullson ... Price-Lindgren

You use Hudon for 1 year until Poehling is ready. Then Hudon drops to third line C and Danault to 4 th . Plecks retire a Hab . If they miss on Taveres you tank for Hughes . You keep cap space or offer one year over payments for a Center . You don’t want to get stuck with a Stasny for 4 years . P.s. Fall for Dahlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->