Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Gearing Up for the Off-season Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So what if hes just 150 pounds. So was Gaudreau and look how he turned out.
Im not saying Pacs isnt worth any of that. But if a team isnt willing to pay up then move on and look for another one. With that being said, hes just a fan. so his or our beliefs have nothing to do with what will actually happen. For him, he would be disappointed if a trade like that happens just like we were when that Subban deal happened. If he doesnt want Pacs then he would obv not be willing to give up much of significance which is what he is doing. Let him be.

The guy has a patience of gold. In the face of a guerrilla style assault, he kept his composure and managed to engage in a respectful tone.

If people here just want to see their POVs reinforced, then there won't be any meaningful discussion to be had. We're all going to get territorial and shoot at anything that moves.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Cause the team has no no. 1 center and hasn't been able to acquire one during MB's tenure. And because it makes sense to deal from strength, which in our case happens to be on the wings.

Left wing is still a strength and Pacioretty still has value. Won't get Borgstrom and a 1st like people want, but will still get a solid return .

Montreal hasn't had a number 1 centre in a long-ass time.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Left wing is still a strength and Pacioretty still has value. Won't get Borgstrom and a 1st like people want, but will still get a solid return .

Montreal hasn't had a number 1 centre in a long-ass time.

What does "still has value" mean? The word "still" is a heavy qualifier. He's got one year left on a contract. He's a rental at this point. He has the value of other similar rentals. Not a bad return considering where he's at, but yeah, not a cost controlled potential top 6C.

And just because we haven't had a no. 1 center in a long time doesn't mean we don't need one. We haven't exactly created a success formula based on not having one.

Reactions: groovejuice

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
The guy has a patience of gold. In the face of a guerrilla style assault, he kept his composure and managed to engage in a respectful tone.

If people here just want to see their POVs reinforced, then there won't be any meaningful discussion to be had. We're all going to get territorial and shoot at anything that moves.
yeah i like posters like him. They try to explain their reasoning in a respectful manner even when attacked unreasonably.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
What does "still has value" mean? The word "still" is a heavy qualifier. He's got one year left on a contract. He's a rental at this point. He has the value of other similar rentals. Not a bad return considering where he's at, but yeah, not a cost controlled potential top 6C.

And just because we haven't had a no. 1 center in a long time doesn't mean we don't need one. We haven't exactly created a success formula based on not having one.

Still going to get a good 1st +.
You're making it seem like Pacioretty has no value and that until we get a number 1 centre, we should just trade anyone away.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
yeah i like posters like him. They try to explain their reasoning in a respectful manner even when attacked unreasonably.

I actually enjoy his take, it's different from what we usually post and at the same time, injects a nice dose of reality on some levels.

Reactions: Legend123

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Still going to get a good 1st +.
You're making it seem like Pacioretty has no value and that until we get a number 1 centre, we should just trade anyone away.

Never said he has "no value". Exaggerate much? I wrote that he's a rental and that he'll fetch what other similar players who are rentals, can get. And we've seen some decent returns based on last year's TDL.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Maybe he's telling the truth and he'll never move those prospects...
Maybe it's a negotiation tactic to get Bergevin or whoever may have inquired about those prospects to ante up...
He said it at the deadline when he didn’t acquire patches and again an clean out day. Seems pretty apparent that he’s not trading one of his top guys, especially for patches.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Why would Pacioretty be dealt when he just had a 30 goal season and the team made the playoffs?

Why would we look for centres or really try to develop Chucky as a centre when we had a 60 point DD and a true and tried 2 way centre like Pleks ?

Need to look at what we need to take the next step and peer into the future a bit.

Reactions: Runner77

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
He said it at the deadline when he didn’t acquire patches and again an clean out day. Seems pretty apparent that he’s not trading one of his top guys, especially for patches.
Also seems pretty apparent that you're very high on "your top guys".

As you should be I guess.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Also seems pretty apparent that you're very high on "your top guys".

As you should be I guess.
I am. Tallon is the one who said they are off limits. Imo you should be willing to move one of them if you can get a cost controlled top 6 forward /top 4 D-man who is in that 23-27 range, you have to do it. Patches does not fit that definition so I agree 100% with Tallon that you don’t trade one of your top assets for Patches.

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad