Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread 47

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Because I feel the players we can get at 7 & 8 OA would be better together than Laf. For example if we only get 30 a year goalscorers at 7 & 8 OA, that means Laf would have to get 60 goals a year for the trade to just break even. Of course there's the little caveat that Laf is as close to a sure thing as possible, I would still wager the players we get a 7 & 8 would bring more to the team than just Laf.
If we get the 7th and 8th OA for argument sake, there’s no GM who would trade that for the 1st and no GM who would trade the 1st for the 7&8 picks. Too much reputational risk and potential to blow up.
That being said, I wouldn’t trade the 7&8 picks either. Just added more depth and higher percentage of landing a star player. Add the three 2nd round picks and you can set your franchise up for next 10-15 years with all the other prospects we have.

Last edited:
Reactions: Habs Icing

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Habs players to score 70 points in the last 20 years: Domi, Koivu, Plekanec, Kovalev.

Trade Domi clearly he is the odd man out on the roster.....:help:

Danault is a complimentary player. His points are inflated due to Tatar and Gallagher. I am literally done with this team if they trade Domi. Because clearly they have zero clue how to build a winner and I can't stomach years more of this. I won't cheer for another team but I won't be tuning in anymore.

We have been trained by the media for 20 years to appreciate the garbage players. Begin, Kostopolous, Danault etc etc that list is painfully long. We had one 1st line player and we traded him because we failed to surround him. Pacioretty is a complimentary sniper that we relied on to be our superstar. This team is always trying to make guys sometning they aren't. Danault should be the 3rd line center.

Tatar Domi Gallagher
---Suzuki ---
--- Danault ---

We should have witnessed this this year. Let your talent play together. :help::help:

Tatar - Domi - Gallagher is nowhere near a shutdown, two-way line like Tatar - Danault - Gallagher which was one of the top possession lines at even strength in the NHL the last two years and had a positive goal differential playing against our opponents' best players while being that.

You are better off with Tatar - Suzuki - Gallagher as you are much closer to a two-way shutdown line like with Danault. Only, you now also have a C in Suzuki with much more offensive upside than Danault!

Domi and Danault can't be your other two top-9 Cs as Kotkaniemi ought to be one.

One of Danault or Domi needs to go or play wing.

If Danault gets switched to the wing, I rather we trade him. Demi, it's a different story because, with the right coach (basically anyone other than Julien), I think he can come to flourish on the wing with more latitude for zone entries (permutations).

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Tatar - Domi - Gallagher is nowhere near a shutdown, two-way line like Tatar - Danault - Gallagher which was one of the top possession lines at even strength in the NHL the last two years and had a positive goal differential playing against our opponents' best players while being that.

You are better off with Tatar - Suzuki - Gallagher as you are much closer to a two-way shutdown line like with Danault. Only, you now also have a C in Suzuki with much more offensive upside than Danault!

Domi and Danault can't be your other two top-9 Cs as Kotkaniemi ought to be one.

One of Danault or Domi needs to go or play wing.

If Danault gets switched to the wing, I rather we trade him. Demi, it's a different story because, with the right coach (basically anyone other than Julien), I think he can come to flourish on the wing with more latitude for zone entries (permutations).
I think KK is better defensively than Suzuki though I don’t think he’s ready to assume that role yet. Hopefully one day.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
How about trading for Lias Anderson and Jesse Puljajarvi? Add to the group of young players and both top 10 picks that could be good reclamation projects like Domi was. They’d be cheap and have obvious skill hence their draft positions. Given a lesser roles with less pressure, they’d have a better opportunity to develop playing bottom 6 roles. And surely, they’d be better than some of the bottom 6 options we currently have. If they do develop, they’d be perfect to move up as we push out older more expensive players and still have slots for younger prospects pushing up without having to rush them. Also allows to trade some of the smaller bottom 6 players for more assets and cap space. Wouldn’t mind seeing

Tatar Danault Gally
Drouin Domi<->Suzuki - high skilled 2nd.
Lehkonen KK Puljajarvi - All Finnish line
Anderson<->Poehling Armia - Hard 4th line to play against

It’s lazy Sunday and I’m just spitballing.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
How about trading for Lias Anderson and Jesse Puljajarvi? Add to the group of young players and both top 10 picks that could be good reclamation projects like Domi was. They’d be cheap and have obvious skill hence their draft positions. Given a lesser roles with less pressure, they’d have a better opportunity to develop playing bottom 6 roles. And surely, they’d be better than some of the bottom 6 options we currently have. If they do develop, they’d be perfect to move up as we push out older more expensive players and still have slots for younger prospects pushing up without having to rush them. Also allows to trade some of the smaller bottom 6 players for more assets and cap space. Wouldn’t mind seeing

Tatar Danault Gally

Don't know about Anderson but Pulj would have to be protected which is a big negative for me.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Who do you have on your protected list?

If the Habs protect Gallagher, Danault, Tatar, Max Domi, Jonathan Drouin, Jesperi Kotkaniemi and Paul Byron Id happily swap Byron for Puljajarvi.
I think it comes down to the assets you give for Pulj and the assets you would lose in a potential Byron trade if a) the Byron we saw when he cameback is the real one and b) we don't trade him before the expansion draft. I also think that Armia should be part of the conversation on guys to protect so it'd be Pulj vs Armia too.

Reactions: jaffy27

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I think it comes down to the assets you give for Pulj and the assets you would lose in a potential Byron trade if a) the Byron we saw when he cameback is the real one and b) we don't trade him before the expansion draft. I also think that Armia should be part of the conversation on guys to protect so it'd be Pulj vs Armia too.
We’re going to lose a useful player in any case. But if the player we get in Puljajarvi turns out to be better than Byron or Armia then I’d rather add a better player and lose a lesser that will improve the roster.
Not adding for fear of losing Byron or Armia or Lehkonen would be even worse IMO.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
We’re going to lose a useful player in any case. But if the player we get in Puljajarvi turns out to be better than Byron or Armia then I’d rather add a better player and lose a lesser that will improve the roster.
Not adding for fear of losing Byron or Armia or Lehkonen would be even worse IMO.

Agree. Either you try to upgrade the team or you don't. I like both Byron and aria but, I'm not building my core around either player.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Trade for Josh Anderson deal based around Lehkonen and/or Mete.
Sign Krug $8Mx7 years.

Tatar Danault Gally
Drouin Domi Suzuki
Byron KK Anderson
Poehling <->Evans Armia

Krug Weber
Chiarot Petry
Romanov Juulsen
Fleury

Year after:
Domi Suzuki Gally
Drouin KK Anderson
Poehling Danault Caufield
Vejdemo Evans Ylonen

Krug Weber
Romanov Petry
Chiarot Juulsen
Fleury

Lose Armia or Byron to expansion and trade one of Tatar or Domi or Drouin for that matter.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Drouin was traded because he quit on his team and our GM was so horny to get a French Canadian “star” - giving away our best prospect at our position of greatest need to get him! Yzerman happens to be about 400 percent better of a GM and played Mr 24 like a fiddle. Don’t try to rewrite history to make it suit your narrative.

Nah... They likely didn't think Drouin was a perfect player and they had issues with him not reporting to the AHL. But that was in the past at the time of them trading him. They traded him cause they needed cap space, expansion draft issues, and they got a good return.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Based on an article speculating what it might cost Anaheim to land Eichel, Hampus Lindholm, a top prospect like Trevor Zengras, and the Ducks 2021 first-round, I thought of what comparable it would take for the Habs to land him.

Thinking something like Domi, Caufiled/Romanov, 1st. Pieces, ages and salaries are all pretty similar though we'd likely have to premium up the trade as we're a conference rival.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal

Tatar Danault Gally

Don't know about Anderson but Pulj would have to be protected which is a big negative for me.

Who do you have on your protected list?

If the Habs protect Gallagher, Danault, Tatar, Max Domi, Jonathan Drouin, Jesperi Kotkaniemi and Paul Byron Id happily swap Byron for Puljajarvi.

Why do we protect UFA like Tatar, Gallagher, Armia, Danault?

We can protect other players and sign them after? (same apply to Petry)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad