Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread 47

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I mean, I'm sure I could look for better cuts, but the normal stuff from the grocery store is average. I should find a butcher here. You live in Montreal, right? How are rent prices? It seems fairly affordable, and I've thought about moving there. I want to go to Australia for a year, then try to settle in Montreal.

Let’s take that to the Travel Thread if you don’t mind: OT: - The Travel Thread

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Blaming Drouin on being a total offensive black hole and making his linemates worse.

Other than a 1 month stint early this season, CJ has had to juggle Drouin up and down the line up and every line he was put on, that line struggled and production of his linemates faltered.

Where Gallagher sparks a line Drouin sapps a line.

If you don't see that then you need to focus on the games and stop playing with your phone or pc.

Drouin is not Gallagher. Drouin is a skilled and good skater but soft forward and his value is on the PP for the most part. He has flaws yes. But Kotkaniemi's struggles should not be pinned on Drouin. That's BS!

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal
I'd offersheet Sergachev and trade Domi for Dumba. Then we can start having a decent D.

Sergachev - Weber
Chiarot - Dumba
Romanov - Petry

If St-Louis can have Pietrangelo, Parayko and Faulk as RD, we surely can have these 3 RHD.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
But there tick alote of box for a player to not come here to

- Weather
- Taxes
- Crazy Fans and no privacy
- 30 journalists each games
- Language
- Trudeau
I agree with you expect on that last point. If you had a choice between Mr Hairdo north of the border and Mr. Comb Over from south of the border, who would you pick?

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'd offersheet Sergachev and trade Domi for Dumba. Then we can start having a decent D.

Sergachev - Weber
Chiarot - Dumba
Romanov - Petry

If St-Louis can have Pietrangelo, Parayko and Faulk as RD, we surely can have these 3 RHD.

1) No need to trade for Dumba. If you do, you trade Petry to replace the futures you use to get Sergachev.

2) You would have a cap space issue with all those boys on D.

3) Juulsen, Fleury, Brook need room and if healthy, Juulsen is NHL ready and a Romanov/Juulsen 3rd pairing could be a very good pairing

Reactions: Sterling Archer

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
You mean like third world infrastructure, language laws, exorbitant taxes, a terrible health care system (which the current pandemic just exposed), and the cherry on that dog poo cake, a terrible team run by a terrible management staff?

It's a really weird coping mechanism that a lot of the posters have. They've really convinced themselves that Montreal is an elite city, and that this should be a factor for players to move here. The fact is that among people who have the choice to live in multiple places, Montreal simply doesn't stand out as one of the top choices. That's the reality.

For the Habs to attract free agents, they simply need to meet two criteria:
- Offer a combination of more money and/or more term;
- Convince players that you're a competent organization that will contend in the near future, which probably actually requires being a competent organization;

That's all, and that will do the trick on a regular basis. Trying to argue that Montreal has uniquely beautiful women or better béchamel sauce for cheap is a waste of time and a "cope".

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

Sergachev - Weber
Chiarot - Dumba
Romanov - ???

I'd do both those moves but then I'd trade Petry for a forward.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
You mean like third world infrastructure, language laws, exorbitant taxes, a terrible health care system (which the current pandemic just exposed), and the cherry on that dog poo cake, a terrible team run by a terrible management staff?
- Have you ever been to a 3rd world country ? If you did, you wouldn't say something that stupid.
- Language laws ? You mean the same language laws present in California to protect english ?
- Taxes ? The same level as NYC or Toronto ? The taxes that pay for our services ? I'm fine with it... actually, Corporations and the richest should pay a lot more.
- Yep, terrible health care system... much worst than in the US except if you don't have health insurance or has a shitty coverage like most lower middle class incomes.

... Habs are a disaster, I'll give you that... for the rest, again, stick to hockey, not politics.

Reactions: stanley25

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
- Have you ever been to a 3rd world country ? If you did, you wouldn't say something that stupid.
Take a ride on the Met with your eyes opened. Or if that's impossible speak to someone from out of town and listen to what they think about our infrastructure.

- Language laws ? You mean the same language laws present in California to protect english ?
Is that the reason you want MB to tell a prospective UFA. Hey they got similar laws in California except here it's against the language you speak. Now, who is saying something stupid?

- Taxes ? The same level as NYC or Toronto ? The taxes that pay for our services ? I'm fine with it... actually, Corporations and the richest should pay a lot more.
Montrealers are among the highest taxed in North America. If you don't know that, I suggest you go read a little. Also, if I'm a UFA player I don't give a damn about your politics where the highest should pay a lot more. You want to pay more, fine. But I'll sign somewhere else. But go ahead and tell a UFA he has to pay a lot more for the pleasure of playing here. See where that gets you. Oh wait, you don't have to. Past history shows us what happens.
- Yep, terrible health care system... much worst than in the US except if you don't have health insurance or has a shitty coverage like most lower middle class incomes.
Conor McKenna on TSN 690 earlier this week made an eye popping statement. Quebec had the 5th highest fatality per capita for Covid in the world. That means rich, poor and middle class. As a UFA ready to sign for millions I'll go where my money gets me and my family the most and QC doesn't cut it.

It's funny if an American came on this board and spouted such ridiculous jingoism, he would be laughed at. But not you. You think the points you made are valid. God help us.

... Habs are a disaster, I'll give you that... for the rest, again, stick to hockey, not politics.

Last edited:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

Just FYI, most of the players are rich, have health insurance, and speak English.

I am not saying that Montreal is a bad city. I'm just surprised and dismayed at the lack of life experience and lack of vision that many of you have. You speak of Montreal like it's on par with Los Angeles, Buenos Aires, or Florence.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Signing Sergachev to an offersheet with Claude Julien as coach makes no sense since he's not the type of coach who would properly utilize his strengths as he likes his D to make the safe plays.

For an improvement to LHD, I think Leddy would make a lot of sense as the Islanders won't have much space after signing Barzal and Toews. He's improved defensively under Trotz and can log a lot of minutes.

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Signing Sergachev to an offersheet with Claude Julien as coach makes no sense since he's not the type of coach who would properly utilize his strengths as he likes his D to make the safe plays.

For an improvement to LHD, I think Leddy would make a lot of sense as the Islanders won't have much space after signing Barzal and Toews. He's improved defensively under Trotz and can log a lot of minutes.

You think the Leafs allowing their D to roam free is the best strategy? Most coaches want their D to be reliable and make smart plays. You can criticize that all you want but that's coaching 101. Tampa has been developing Sergachev this way and so did the KHL with Romanov

I'd be open to Leddy as long as the price is right. 2 more years left at $5.5M. His previous 40+ points of production has slipped down to 20-30 in the last two seasons. And his Cosi is well below 50% with near 50/50 defense and offensive zone starts. Seems to be slipping in decline for a 29 year old. Doubt many teams line up to pay a $1/$1 trade value. If they want to unload him to free up cap space, we can do Mete and a 2nd. If they don't like that, I say good luck with moving him to another team. Habs are out. Actually, Mete and a 2nd might be too much.

But yes, I do think Leddy would be a good fit with Weber if we can acquire for a price we can give up

Last edited:
Reactions: DAChampion

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Just FYI, most of the players are rich, have health insurance, and speak English.

I am not saying that Montreal is a bad city. I'm just surprised and dismayed at the lack of life experience and lack of vision that many of you have. You speak of Montreal like it's on par with Los Angeles, Buenos Aires, or Florence.
I think a lot of people are just getting defensive or have never been outside the Montreal bubble. Yes it’s a great city but there are so many other amazing cities that don’t have a lot of the baggage Montreal does. No language police, foreign language issues, taxes, crazed fans and media etc. Ask players in markets like San Jose, Florida, LA Dallas, Nashville etc. if they ever want to leave. They don’t. Lifestyle in southern cities is amazing. So for all the bad issues that can be shared, like taxes in California, NY etc. there are a million other benefits Montreal can’t compete with. That’s just the facts coming from a born and bred Montrealer who moved 15 years ago and still have all my family there. Who by the way, are all aching to leave too.m but can’t for business reasons and roots in the community.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu

I think that a serviceable LHD need not cost an arm and a leg. This strikes me as a viable option. A guy like this could get 40-45 points while making the RHD and PP forwards that much better offensively.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
I didn't go back in the thread but have we discussed Jack Eichel's comments to the media and expressing his discontent in Buffalo?

I know he seems to be a heck of a selfish player, but we should offer lot to get him here. We haven't seen a talent like his here for a while...very long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad