Proposal: Trade proposal part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Just a hypothetical and I'm aware that there's nearly a 0% chance this happens. What if we traded for Tarasenko and Tarasenko, who's close with Panarin, lures him to the Habs.

Panarin - Kotkaniemi - Tarasenko
Drouin - Domi - Gallagher

Tatar - Poehling - Suzuki
Lehkonen - Danault - Byron

Seriously, who would no longer be in this lineup to get Tarasenko and a 4-yr crack at being a contender. We'd have to lose salary as well or that window with Tarasenko and Panarin would be mighty short.

I'd have to assume St-Louis is on a full blown rebuild if they move Tarasenko, so it would take Brook, one of Poehling or Suzuki, a 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder, minimum to get Tarasenko. IMO, St-Louis would have to also accept Alzner at full contract value to help fit in everything. I'd also keep Suzuki over Poehling. Losing Brook would be bad, but we'd be in a Cup window right away and Weber, Petry and Juulsen makes us more than fine at RD. Would trading more futures be worthwhile for Brodie, for example, to shore up the left side?

Tatar - Suzuki - Lehkonen
Byron - Danault - Shaw

Brodie - Weber
Kulak/Reilly - Petry
Mete - Juulsen

Price
Lindgren

Any chance we win a Cup with this lineup?

Reactions: DubDub

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Never say never look at Vegas last year ! If Price refound his game we never now ! (I'm not saying the will the Cups. Of course the won't)
We’ll winning the cup is the main objectif, why should we accept to be mediocre, this teams needs a long term plan and the players who won’t be here when we will contend should be traded no matter how good they are playing now, he’ll it’s even a better moment to trade them as their value is higher. Better value, better chance to put a long term competitive team, f*** the cinderilla story where a mediocre team goes hard and beats eveyone not even knowing if we’ll make the playoffs next year. I want a team that will contend year after year and not because somehow that year all the stars we’re lined up. Our division is out of this world and if we don’t build something young, solid. Will try and be a wild card until some old core pieces gets older and we suck rock bottom for 5 years straight. Wich is only delaying the rebuild. Bruins are the perfect example of a quick rebuild with trading assets that still hold value but doesn’t make sense for the future. Quick 180 in less than 2 years.

Reactions: Da Grinder

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

Seriously, who would no longer be in this lineup to get Tarasenko and a 4-yr crack at being a contender. We'd have to lose salary as well or that window with Tarasenko and Panarin would be mighty short.

I'd have to assume St-Louis is on a full blown rebuild if they move Tarasenko, so it would take Brook, one of Poehling or Suzuki, a 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder, minimum to get Tarasenko. IMO, St-Louis would have to also accept Alzner at full contract value to help fit in everything. I'd also keep Suzuki over Poehling. Losing Brook would be bad, but we'd be in a Cup window right away and Weber, Petry and Juulsen makes us more than fine at RD. Would trading more futures be worthwhile for Brodie, for example, to shore up the left side?

Byron - Danault - Shaw

Brodie - Weber
Kulak/Reilly - Petry
Mete - Juulsen

Price
Lindgren

You added Tarasenko to your roster without factoring in what it would cost to acquire him via trade. And we shouldn’t touch Panarin with a 10 foot pole if he’s asking for $10+ million.

Edit: You did include the ask. But your offer wouldn’t get St.Louis picking up the phone. Poehling and a couple of picks doesn’t get you a player of that caliber.

Reactions: Da Grinder

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
You added Tarasenko to your roster without factoring in what it would cost to acquire him via trade. And we shouldn’t touch Panarin with a 10 foot pole if he’s asking for $10+ million.

Edit: You did include the ask. But your offer wouldn’t get St.Louis picking up the phone. Poehling and a couple of picks doesn’t get you a player of that caliber.
And knowing Clode, Panarin and Tarasenko would we scratched or on the 4th line

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
With Emelin Markov Galchenyuk Valiev and Scherbak gone, the only one left in the organisation is Romanov.

not sure if its a coincidence

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
Just finished a Capfriendly session.

To MTL: Jake Muzzin
To LAK: Charles Hudon, 2nd round pick in 2019, 3rd round pick in 2020

To MTL: Martin Hanzal
To DAL: Karl Alzner and a 3rd round pick in 2019

Drouin - Domi - Shaw
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Byron - Kotkaniemi - Lehkonen
Peca/Agostino - Hanzal - Armia

Muzzin - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Reilly - Juulsen

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

Byron - Danault - Shaw

Brodie - Weber
Kulak/Reilly - Petry
Mete - Juulsen

Price
Lindgren

Although Tarasenko and Panarin are great players, I think adding them to our offense would not be as helpful as adding competence and skill to the left side of our defence. That would be the bigger bang for our buck. Go for two defencemen on the left side. Honestly we have a good enough offense. If there is enough money and trade bait left over then we go for better forwards

Last edited:
Reactions: BaseballCoach

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
While winning the cup is the main objective why should we accept to be mediocre, this teams needs a long term plan and the players who won’t be here when we will contend should be traded no matter how good they are playing now, he’ll it’s even a better moment to trade them as their value is higher. Better value, better chance to put a long term competitive team, **** the Cinderella story where a mediocre team goes hard and beats everyone not even knowing if we’ll make the playoffs next year. I want a team that will contend year after year and not because somehow that year all the stars we’re lined up. Our division is out of this world and if we don’t build something young, solid. Will try and be a wild card until some old core pieces gets older and we suck rock bottom for 5 years straight. Which is only delaying the rebuild. Bruins are the perfect example of a quick rebuild with trading assets that still hold value but doesn’t make sense for the future. Quick 180 in less than 2 years.

"Delaying the rebuild"?

The rebuild is well under way. Since the Summer of 2016, we traded Pacioretty and Subban, our captain and first assistant, for better or worse, as they were unable to lead the group out of adversity when it was encountered. We moved on from our weak center line of Plekanec, Desharnais, Eller and Mitchell and also Galchenyuk who struggled to reach his ceiling. We traded for a 22 year old former #3 overall, picked up a two time Cup winner at age 25, brought in a Team Canada level, Norris contending defenceman to lead our group in a different (not saying better) way. We made place for youth on the roster, including a new #1C who is 23 today, and another center who is the youngest player in the league and has clear potential to be the best, most productive 200 foot forward the team has had in 20 years. All of our forwards are under 30 years old, literally ALL of them.

Surely not all of our moves were good, but you can't deny that the team has been almost completely rebuilt. The only players here since January 2015 or earlier are Carey Price and Brendan Gallagher. We are the second youngest team in the league.

We now have to complete the rebuild, not start over. Two LDs and maybe one more scorer (whom we might already have on the way in Suzuki). And maybe a bit better backup goalie, that position is always finnicky.

I'm pretty sure that we won't complete the job properly until a new GM is found who is less erratic, but the one thing you can't say is that the rebuild has been delayed.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

I'd like to say this deal would go through, but the Kings would laugh at us if we offered that.

Hudon has next to no value as he's marginal NHL'er. A 2nd and 3rd round pick are low value as well. They are top ups if anything.

I'd try the 2nd deal you mentioned just to move the Alzer contract. Hanzal sucks, but only has a year left. Has a NTC so I'm not sure if he'd come here anyways, but it's worth the phone call.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

40 STANLEYCUPS NOT24

Nov 28, 2018
You're saying that as if you know for absolute certainty that they won't win... Not saying we should load up on rentals, but being in a position like we are right now and selling off assets for picks and prospects is not how you keep a positive team atmosphere. Look what happened to St Louis last year when they traded Stastny, reporters mentioned that it angered the players. Petry still has length on his contract, keep him for this season, and maybe in the offseason you can look to trade him if you know you have some other pieces that can pseudo-replace what he brings to the team. (Whether the replacements are internally or externally)
This is a very intelligent thought, overall. They should do nothing right now, unless it costs them next to nothing to bring someone in. No one from the main roster, NOT even Price...lol. However, no one is going to miss, or be upset over guys like Benn, Schlemko, Mete, Alzner, Peca, if the team were to get rid of them. Those are all easily replaced, next year by up, and coming youngsters, and you know their names, since they are often mentioned here.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Drouin - Domi - Shaw
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Byron - Kotkaniemi - Lehkonen
Peca/Agostino - Hanzal - Armia

Muzzin - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Reilly - Juulsen
The Kings will be wanting a 1st for Muzzin..............not sure if they will get one...but their fans seem to think this is where that trade starts...but he sure would be a good guy to get!

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

40 STANLEYCUPS NOT24

Nov 28, 2018
Toronto will remain unbalanced unless they add some good D, and they are in cap hell so will need to unload some high salaries. The team was playing well without Nylander, adding a D is more important to them than adding Will. And again because of their cap space, it might be tough to re-sign Gardiner to a good contract, and Petry's may look better while being a little bit better player at the same time. But Petry is WAY better than the Marlie that will get promoted after Toronto loses Gardiner for nothing, or for a pure rental return.
Why would you suggest that we help the LAFFS in any way. LAFFS MUST LOSE ! ! So, absolutely not. This would help them strengthen the weak part of their team. Keep the LAFFS defence, and goaltending lousy, and they will lose in the first round.

40 STANLEYCUPS NOT24

Nov 28, 2018
So do you prefer the Habs win or the Leafs lose?
I prefer that Les Canadiens win the ONLY thing that matters...the STANLEY CUP ! Is it a possibility that they win in 2019?? Of course it is. For proof, see the Knights in that cess pool of a city, from last year. Now then, is it likely that they win in 2019, with that BUM, rejection of a goaltender, who will fail again....you will see. No it is not. With this in mind, I would rather the LAFFS lose, every single time.

40 STANLEYCUPS NOT24

Nov 28, 2018
Keith is someone I would trade for if we had a top 4 team and going all in the next couple of seasons, but it's not the case. Let's not waste assets on him.[/QUOTI
I think the Mete, Alzner deal would be good, if the team really wanted to do this. Those two will be easily replaced, even this year, let alone next.

40 STANLEYCUPS NOT24

Nov 28, 2018
Just a hypothetical and I'm aware that there's nearly a 0% chance this happens. What if we traded for Tarasenko and Tarasenko, who's close with Panarin, lures him to the Habs.

It would be great, but only if you can acquire them without destroying current team chemistry. They are playoff bound, as of right now, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad