Trade Offer, Need Advice

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
So im in a 12 team keeper league, 6 skate and 6 goalie stats, so goalies have a little more value. 4 keepers each, and right now my 4 are

Auston Matthews
Patrik Laine
Matt Murray
Carey Price

im tired of Price. So ive been offered 3 trades, 1 for 1 for him

Claude Giroux
Johnny Hockey
Filip Forsberg

would you guys do any of these 1 for 1? the thing is with 6 G stats 2-3 goalies have so much value. I just dunno if Price is done. Montreal looks to be rebuilding so he wont have much infront of him.

Zorro

Aug 5, 2011
The habs (especially Price) have something to prove this year. Not saying they’re a lock for POs but it wouldn’t surprise me if their in the "mix" for a WC spot. With that said, Price has very rarely had back-to-back crappy seasons. You would have to go way back in his early 20s to find such crappy numbers. Murray is fine and all but he posted nearly as crappy #s as Price did. With the way your setup is, I would keep both goalies or trade Murray who probably has the higher perceived value and get yourself another goalie plus other assets.

AnomX

Oct 25, 2013
keep both goalies, OR try to trade Price + for another goalie

What goalies are on FA ---- if you think you can pick up a decent goalie I would make the trade for one of Johnny or fil.

Danythegod

Jun 25, 2013
Ottawa, ON
As another poster said, I would suggest getting a goalie back that is reliable as both of your goalies are fairly injury prone. 12 man leagues likely mean there is no capable goalies left so losing a starter is huge in your league where its 6 and 6 point wise. I think Carey has something to prove so maybe ride it out.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I probably wouldn't do it.

Price is getting old, and is on a bad Habs team. But if there's one middling (fantasy tier) goalie who might put up a sub-2.40/plus-.920 SV% season, my money would be on him.

If you decide to pull the trigger, the best player from that group is Filip Forsberg. If all other things are equal, he shoots the most, hits the most, and has the best +/- potential out of that group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->