Confirmed with Link: Trade: Namestnikov for a 2021 4th round pick and Ebert

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
So Melnyk just agreed to take on 3.25M in salary for basically no reason?

That's....weird. Maybe we found a taker for Boedker?

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I don’t mind Tierney but I would trade him over Pageau who will be cheaper to sign and can play a good role as a bottom six energy guy when we are good again

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I agree with those that believe another trade is coming. Bringing in Namestnikov is absolutely pointless for this team unless one of our current players is on the way out, I just do not see how he fits in and who sits out.

As for giving up a 4th round pick, not a big deal as usually 4-7 round picks are pretty easy to pick by shipping out dead weight. Those picks are valuable as we have drafted plenty of good players in later rounds (Stone, Hoffman, Pageau) so it does not make sense to throw them away either.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
That's....weird. Maybe we found a taker for Boedker?

Here's hoping.

giphy.gif

Reactions: NB613 and Alex1234

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
It is kind of funny that Dorion signed him this summer and traded him out before he played 2 games for Belleville lol. If you had that little hope for him as a player, why waste a roster spot on him

... Have you seen this team's track record with pro-scouting? :laugh:

Dorion probably thought he was signing the next Brian Rafalski, only to get him to camp before thinking...

giphy.gif

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I suppose this begs the question; is Namestnikov better than the players who were available on waivers recently?

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Who remembers the infamous segment where Nick Kypreos declared that in exchange for Erik Karlsson, we could be looking for a good young roster player like Vlad Namestnikov from Tamba Bay?

Gives me hope that we could acquire Honka.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
f*** yeah. I figured we were getting someone following the demotions. So much for us not valuing skill. Great pick up. And since last February we’re acquired 4 Russians, all of whom are set to be in the lineup following Abramov’s call up. Our last was Gonchar in 2013.

This move has everything to do with the lack of skill on our wings. Cost nothing. Hopefully he can click with someone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->