Confirmed with Link: Trade: Namestnikov for a 2021 4th round pick and Ebert

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
First thought was "wtf"

Then seeing the price it is more "ehhh, sure. We need the bodies to protect the kids"

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
They need players for next year, I’m not saying I know much about Namestnikov but seems like a guy you can re sign or, worst case scenario, flip him again for a fourth. I don’t see why he wouldn’t get a fourth at the deadline. He’s one year removed from a 44 point year and is only 26.
His 44 point year was riding Stamkos and Kucherov 90 point coattails. He had 44 points in 60 games riding shotgun with them, and then 4 points in 20 after he was traded.

I'm perfectly fine with the trade, we gave up little. Not sure Namestninkov will return much, or be worth keeping around

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Namestikov is an interesting name because in the 2011 draft there was a real chance Ottawa would take him with one of their 3 x 1st round picks. But of course the Russia angle, and Tampa takes Namestikov and another Russian with their second pick Kucherov. This is how good teams win, they find good players.

Ottawa ended up with Zibby who’s hair is shaded but it looks amazing when you’re scoring hat-tricks and not even sweating. Puempel, Noessen.

Good teams draft good players...and keep them.

Namestikov gives us a chance to the move the puck quickly but he’s soft.

Reactions: robsenz

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I disagree he’s a good 2 way center and at deadline price always go up because teams want to add depth.
Teams do look for depth.

Guys that can provide an offensive spark, be a shut down vet, be trusted to win a face off and defend.

Namestnikov offers none of that, and has 4 points in 29 playoff games. He's not going to be sought after, at all, on deadline day.

He'd just be a fill in on a roster who is just there.

Reactions: Cosmix

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Watched his highlights. Anyone here could have scored the goals he did on that Kucherov and Stamkos line, so many tap ins jesus.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
This is a trade to facilitate another trade.

We’re likely dealing a forward to a team for a defenceman and/or futures.

Pittsburgh makes sense. They could use Pageau or Tierney.

If that happens it opens up another trade - likely because DeMelo will be forced out of the lineup.

Buckle up folks.

Also...

Welcome Vladislav Namestnkov!

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
UFA at end of season is interesting however.

I assume we can probably get a 4th rounder for NameStinks at the deadline if we want to, so this seems like just a rental that we can recover our cost on?

I mean... Losing Nick Ebert is not a factor here.

Reactions: DJB

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Why is a rebuilding team giving away draft picks for bottom 6 forwards my god man why do they make it so hard to like this team.

we don’t need those picks we need our top 2 round picks. This team has a billion B prospects they need blue chippers not more average prospects.

I like this trade. Skilled player with speed.

Reactions: Matsens15

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
He cant even make the rangers. Pierre Dorion needs to stop helping other teams out.

He is 2 years removed from scoring 44 points playing with Kucherov and Stamkos. It makes no ****ing sense.
the Rangers are a lot better than the Sens and probably 15 other teams.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Are people really complaining for a 4th? :laugh:

if this start to the season proves anything it’s that we have LOTS of 2-3 line tweeners but no top flight forwards in the ranks.

you’re not getting those guys past the top 60, unless you luck out obviously.

the rebuild is doing fine. If we bottom out again and the sharks suck we can potentially add two first liners.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad