Confirmed with Link: Trade: Namestnikov for a 2021 4th round pick and Ebert

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Great timing to announce this trade while everyone else in Ottawa is distracted with the debate.

On the plus side (?), can't remember the last time Ottawa had this many Russian players on their roster.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I don’t see a downside here. They can easily get that pick back for him if they wanted to
Why do you think that? Why are they trading any future assets? They are the worst team in the league by far. They are rebuilding.

Like other posters have said they are making it impossible to like this team.

They should be the team trading players for picks not vise versa.

Reactions: Cosmix and Blotto71

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Is he any good on the draw?

What is the long term goal here? So we bring up Abramov and now add Namestnikov as another C/W I guess meaning we keep all the other kids in Bingo all year?

2XPRO31

Jul 13, 2007
Why is a rebuilding team giving away draft picks for bottom 6 forwards my god man why do they make it so hard to like this team.

We have like a million picks and will be getting more when we ship players out later. expect more pick for player swaps.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
The only thing that makes even the smallest amount of sense is they think he will improve his stats playing top 6, then be worth more than a 4th at the deadline

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
You fools thought he'd take advantage of Pittsburgh's centre injuries.

I feel like we're moving someone out and that created an opportunity to take on the Namestnikov salary.

There'll be another trade before the next game.

It makes no sense that we don't pounce on getting a 2020 1st for Marleau, but we spend similar salary on a middle 6er who might be a rental.

I think we're close on moving out a Pageau or a Tierney, and that has freed up the salary to pull the trigger on acquiring Namestnikov. We've probably known that Namestnikov has been available for a while.

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
In my opinion this is a solid deal by dorion. Get a 26 year old 3rd line center for a 2021 4th round pick and a AHL defensemen. Plus the rangers retain 750k on Namestnikov salary. This will make him even easier to move at the deadline for a 2nd round pick. Solid deal by Dorion!

Reactions: Ciao

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Why do you think that? Why are they trading any future assets? They are the worst team in the league by far. They are rebuilding.

Like other posters have said they are making it impossible to like this team.

They should be the team trading players for picks not vise versa.
They need players for next year, I’m not saying I know much about Namestnikov but seems like a guy you can re sign or, worst case scenario, flip him again for a fourth. I don’t see why he wouldn’t get a fourth at the deadline. He’s one year removed from a 44 point year and is only 26.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Anisimov, Abramov, Namestnikov what's going on? Are we suddenly becoming The Russian team of NHL?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
In my opinion this is a solid deal by dorion. Get a 26 year old 3rd line center for a 2021 4th round pick and a AHL defensemen. Plus the rangers retain 750k on Namestnikov salary. This will make him even easier to move at the deadline for a 2nd round pick. Solid deal by Dorion!
Nobody will pay a 2nd for a guy like Namestikov at the deadline. Not sure many/any playoff teams would be looking at a guy like him

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
They need players for next year, I’m not saying I know much about Namestnikov but seems like a guy you can re sign or, worst case scenario, flip him again for a fourth. I don’t see why he wouldn’t get a fourth at the deadline. He’s one year removed from a 44 point year and is only 26.
He cant even make the rangers. Pierre Dorion needs to stop helping other teams out.

He is 2 years removed from scoring 44 points playing with Kucherov and Stamkos. It makes no f***ing sense.

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
Nobody will pay a 2nd for a guy like Namestikov at the deadline. Not sure many/any playoff teams would be looking at a guy like him

I disagree he’s a good 2 way center and at deadline price always go up because teams want to add depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad