Speculation: Trade Likelihood and Value

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Trading Green is looking pretty much like a given. Holland should work the phones to see what he can get for Daley and Nielsen while he’s at it.

Once we trade Green we won’t be able to get the puck out of our end, so you might as well just let the bottom fall out at that point. Grab a defenseman in this ‘18 draft and go for the top center in ‘19.

Reactions: Marky9er
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I think Ceci is interesting as a player. Dzingel is a high energy fast player that I don't mind either. I think Ottawa should add a little more but I am not insulted by that, especially if when Holland starts talking on the market Green doesn't have quite as high of value as we hoped.

If clearing Nyquist/Tatar needs to be done as part of locking up Mantha & Larkin long term I am all for it.

Ceci is nothing special, I live in Ottawa. He's been brutal all year. He's the whipping boy in Ottawa right now.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
It's also poor asset management. If we want anything in return when we trade Mrazek, you need to start giving him games to showcase his abilities. We're gonna lose him for nothing if he doesn't play. The amount that Blash starts Howie is absurd. Rides Jimmy like he's a top 5 goalie in the NHL, when in reality he's an "average" goalie, in the 15-25 range.

I disagree. Even if Mrazek did bounce back, nobody is taking that cap hit. His contract expires and I am sure some team will give him a tryout, and probably a 1 year 2-way league minimum contract. It won't be with Detroit.

I think your emotions are derived from false hope in the absolute best case scenario plays out. Even if the fairy dust dreams played out to your wildest dreams, Mrazek is still un-tradeable.

Mlotek

Feb 28, 2017
South of US Border
Nobody is going to trade for Mrazek. To qualify him thats 4+ million, hence, there is a 95% chance he will be UFA this summer, and available for cheap.

Mlotek

Feb 28, 2017
South of US Border
Also recall that Holland stays away from roster player for roster player trades.

He tends to trade players for picks/prospects. RARELY will he ever trade a player for another player. Most of the time its to clear a roster spot or keep a team from exceeding 45 skater contracts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad