Confirmed with Link: Trade: Kerby Rychel for Hunter Shinkaruk (Flames)

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
For what it is....I think it's a fine trade. I prefer to see a Shinkaruk type of player with his speed and his hockey sense. But...chances are he plateaued already. But let's see. At worst, he'd be a fine AHL player for Laval.

Next? McCarron for Frédéric Gauthier. :sarcasm:

I heard shinkaruk's issue was his skating

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Hockey is a game played not just on the ice but in the kind. Shinkaruk has ZERO confidence and is beaten. Maybe a change of scenery can help but ultimately he’d need a team to take a chance in him which isn’t likely. MAYBE Bouchard can ignite the flame again and IF there’injuries and he gets his shot he can do something. Ultimately, he’s better suited to the new NHL and does have the physical talent but mentally, he’s done.
Mentally he's done? Concussions? Did I miss something?

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Bergy is adding scoring depth for the playoffs.

tumblr_lc3wehInZN1qam69vo1_250.gif~c200

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I think he will get a crack at some point this season.

And then we'll see he's worth nothing and he's just another failed project. He's just another very replaceable bottom 6 forward, like the thousand others before him.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
That's completely false. Bergevin likes to TAKE ADVANTAGE of people who like playing here. But he is willing to drop them in favour of shiny new toys way too often.

Radulov, Markov, Emelin, Pacioretty - keeps dumping, or dumping on, players who like it here.
Bergevin likes players who really want to play here, not the ones who only says it in front of the camera for wrong reasons...

Reactions: Frank JT

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
No chance he becomes a granlund and puts it together? Honestly asking. Haven’t paid attention to him since his draft

Asamu

Aug 24, 2010
Saguenay
Here is one of my post from: Nov 21, 2016 in the trade proposal thread:

''With the recent injury of Johnny Gaudreau and the awful goalie performance. Calgary Flames would like to patch themselves with new acquisitions.

:flames let go: Hunter Shinkaruk + ( Mikail Backlund optional)

:habs let go: Al Montoya +3rd round pick 2017 + (David Desharnais optional) ...if those optional trades work, 3rd pick becomes a 2nd.

I really want to see Shinkaruk in a Habs jersey I don't know why. I was really pissed when he was draft 1 pick higher than McCarron (25th) Shinkaruk (24th)
Habs will be able to recalled Charlie Lindgren who finds the AHL too easy for him and would prefer a bigger challenge.''

OMG! :laugh: The real reason was that I wanted to see Galchenyuk and Shinkaruk on the same line and hear Pierre Houde / Martin McGuire describe them passing the puck to each other =P ...But I was actually too scare to share it with you. Now it's time finally. Also, when I saw Shinkaruk playing junior he reminded me a bit of Gilbert Brûlé.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad