Free Agency & Trade Rumors I

Free Agency & Trade Rumors II
Free Agency & Trade Rumors III

ku-xlarge.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
While it is probably not likely, I would love to see the Wild go after Myers. I think he would be awesome paired with Suter or Brodin. Not sure if we have what other teams could offer but 6'8 defensemen that can skate, shoot, and are right handed don't come around often. I know he has struggled the last two years but hes only 24 and has had some great years. And, no, he is nothing like Barker so I am not worried about his first two years being aberrations.

If we are going to go after a goalie, I'd rather go for Brodeur, simply for the cost and length. Halak will cost more and if we re-sign him and Kuemper, we will have three goalies making a few million (assuming Backstrom is not a part of the trade). I think Kuemper has earned the chance to be the go-to guy this year. EDIT: did not see Russo tweets.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Russo seems pretty certain that Halak isn't coming here. So who are these other goalies that he thinks the Wild are interested in? More fuel for Brodeur? It'd still be a good short-term, cheap solution to finish the season with Kuemps. Then figure out the mess in net over the summer.

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011
While it is probably not likely, I would love to see the Wild go after Myers. I think he would be awesome paired with Suter or Brodin. Not sure if we have what other teams could offer but 6'8 defensemen that can skate, shoot, and are right handed don't come around often. I know he has struggled the last two years but hes only 24 and has had some great years. And, no, he is nothing like Barker so I am not worried about his first two years being aberrations.

If we are going to go after a goalie, I'd rather go for Brodeur, simply for the cost and length. Halak will cost more and if we re-sign him and Kuemper, we will have three goalies making a few million (assuming Backstrom is not a part of the trade). I think Kuemper has earned the chance to be the go-to guy this year. EDIT: did not see Russo tweets.
Myers looks great tonight against the sharks. Unfortunately, it would probably cost us too much.

astafk

Jan 8, 2014
White Bear Lake, MN
So that 2014 3rd round pick the Blues are sending to Buffalo will turn into a 1st rounder if the Miller signs an extension or the Blues reach the conference final.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
? IF we traded backs plus whatever to buffalo for halak could buf use a compliance buyout on him? does backs have a no trade clause? just thinking out loud.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
So that 2014 3rd round pick the Blues are sending to Buffalo will turn into a 1st rounder if the Miller signs an extension or the Blues reach the conference final.

32357-damn-gif-5HbE.gif

Definitely a win for Buffalo.

rafterman

Dec 1, 2010
Flyover country
Russo seems pretty certain that Halak isn't coming here. So who are these other goalies that he thinks the Wild are interested in? More fuel for Brodeur? It'd still be a good short-term, cheap solution to finish the season with Kuemps. Then figure out the mess in net over the summer.

Peters, Bryz, Thomas maybe ?

Bullrun

Jan 22, 2007
Maybe I'm too blinded by the stats and the little bit I have seen of Miller but wow. How is he a better option than Halak for the Blues?...what was wrong with Halak? Team has won a ton of games with him this year.

I just dont get the value of Miller? I'm totally willing to admit I know nothing but I just dont see that this is going to make the difference for the Blues...they were already good.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012

He said Cam Ward earlier today

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
If Russo is saying the Wild are interested in other goalies not named Halak, maybe that means guys like Reimer, or Anderson, or (hopefully not) Brodeur.

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011
He's soft, awkward, and just overall not very good. Not an upgrade over Spurgeon or Scandella.
I don't watch him all the time but he looked great tonight against the sharks. Jumping into the play on a really nice assist to Moulson and using his reach to break up plays. Idk he would be an upgrade to Spurgeon or Scandella

astafk

Jan 8, 2014
White Bear Lake, MN
Myers has the tools, no one can really deny that after his rookie season. The question with him is whether his slide is the result of playing on a rough Buffalo team for the past few years or if he just has something missing that doesn't allow him to use all of those tools.

But with a cap hit of $5.5 mil until 2018-19 I wouldn't want to take the risk to find out which it is.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

I'm guessing the other goalies would be those of the veteran backup ilk. I think the team is comfortable riding Kuemper into the future now.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
All I can say is thank goodness we're out of the Miller sweepstakes. Especially considering what the Blues gave up to get him.

And I sincerely hope any trade we do make for a goalie does NOT include Zucker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad