Trade Ideas Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
That's not a comparable bud.

You come to another team's forum and start calling people "bud" it's not a good look.

Your original proposal was bad and we respectfully decline. And while Jones may not be a McDavid comparable, depending on the context, the point stands that 1 + 2 doesn't necessarily equal fair value.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Draisaitl for Jones would be equal value.

Keep telling yourself that. Like Johansen for Jones is or was equal value.

Look at where the 2 teams stand. Why is your defense SO BAD with Klefbom and Larsson and ours is so good with Jones?

The NHL isn't points only fantasy hockey.

How bout this then, dude....

Draisitl for Larsson and Klefbom

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Keep telling yourself that. Like Johansen for Jones is or was equal value.

Look at where the 2 teams stand. Why is your defense SO BAD with Klefbom and Larsson and ours is so good with Jones?

The NHL isn't points only fantasy hockey.

How bout this then, dude....

Draisitl for Larsson and Klefbom

Our record before and after Klefbom got injured was pretty significant and we were trending to be a playoff team.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Our record before and after Klefbom got injured was pretty significant and we were trending to be a playoff team.

Great. Keep him.

And wait, he's hurt?? How does that affect the optics of your original trade proposal?

The point is that we don't have ANY need or want to trade Jones in any way, he is arguably our most valuable player, a LEGIT Norris candidate, and every reason you came in here with your proposal is every reason why we would easily say no to those 2 guys.

And with Dubois around, Draisaitl for Jones, ALSO WOULD BE A NO.

Would you trade Draisaitl for Larsson and Klefbom?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
That's not a comparable bud.
Sure it is. Dubois and Wennberg would actually be helpful to Edmonton 'cause y'all lack scoring, while we're stacked on the blueline - particularly at LD - and so wouldn't be able to make much use of those guys. That more than offsets any difference between McDavid and Jones.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Sabres fan here. Noting the post on page one from @visqi it’s clear the Sabres and CBJ aren’t ideal trade partners. Both teams are looking for a Center.

Assuming CBJ makes a move for a Center and still has Wennberg around, what could work from the Sabres for Wennberg?

2nd rounder plus ?

Thanks in advance!

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Sabres fan here. Noting the post on page one from @visqi it’s clear the Sabres and CBJ aren’t ideal trade partners. Both teams are looking for a Center.

Assuming CBJ makes a move for a Center and still has Wennberg around, what could work from the Sabres for Wennberg?

2nd rounder plus ?

Thanks in advance!

We would need an upgrade at center if we’re trading Wennberg. A 2nd round pick doesn’t accomplish that.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Bob McKenzie just now on NBCSN:

“Absolutely no chance, zero NONE, that Rick Nash will play for an NHL team this season.”

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Kevin Hayes would buy us some time as a rental and would be an upgrade to Wenny
Have said it before, but will say again - I like the idea of having him on this team, but I suspect he would be costly to acquire (because we're in-division and the Rangers really like him) and costly to retain (because he's already paid a lot and would be looking for a raise). Worth looking into, but be prepared for potential disappointment.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
If Bread says "good bye", I think a viable rental replacement is Eric Staal. While he is normally a center, he is a LH shot so he could play LW. Also, since he is a center he may be able to duplicate Bread's ability to "drive" the action for our first line as a wing like Bread does. The Wild are not having a good season and I saw something on The Athlete suggesting that he is one of the pieces the Wild may make available as part of a rebuild.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Moe, I never said that the non-Wennberg line up I posted was a Cup contender. I was merely illustrating that we can get by without Wennberg. Thus, Wennberg is tradeable independent of whether we acquire Duchene or someone like him. Frankly, our current lineup, even with Bread, is not, imho, a Cup contender because we do not have a viable second scoring line.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Moe, I never said that the non-Wennberg line up I posted was a Cup contender. I was merely illustrating that we can get by without Wennberg. Thus, Wennberg is tradeable independent of whether we acquire Duchene or someone like him. Frankly, our current lineup, even with Bread, is not, imho, a Cup contender because we do not have a viable second scoring line.

So getting rid of Wennberg doesn't in and of itself make the Jackets better?

And you claim he's terrible, so surely no GM would trade something valuable for him... so if getting rid of him isn't addition by subtraction, and trading him won't return anything of value, what's the point in getting rid of him?

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Getting rid of Wennberg DOES make the jackets better because it frees up over $5 million dollars that can be used to help pay for the kind of scoring oriented second line center that we need to be legit Cup Contenders.

Wennberg has no value TO THE JACKETS because we need a second line center who can make our second line a legitimate scoring line. For example, add Duchene between Bjork and Duclair and you have a line that can contribute between 50 and 60 goals versus 20-30 with Pooh centering the line.

At his best Wennberg is an uncoventional third line center who is primarily defensive oriented. We already have one of those named Boone Jenner who is much, much better at faceoffs, is more physical and is signed for a million dollars a year less than Wennie the Pooh. Wennberg simply does not fit the role he was expected to play on this team, second line center. Other teams may value him in a different role.

Reactions: thebus88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->