Trade Ideas Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I don't even know what a CBJ/ANA trade looks like...they're around the WC area, as are we...so it would be a shake up/hockey trade...not a seller/buyer trade...just don't know what we're looking at...

We're loading up on Brian Gibbons, obv.

Reactions: Fro

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Regarding the other teams on the list, the Jets need a centre more than a winger. While I feel the Predators need Panarin more than any other Cup contender. He’s the biggest offensive difference-maker that’s been available on the trade rental market in years and when push came to shove last year in that seven-game loss to Winnipeg, a series I covered, I felt the Preds just didn’t measure up in natural offensive talent to the Jets.
The Breadman would be a total game-changer for the Preds. And I can certainly confirm that Nashville has at least inquired with Columbus already just to do their due diligence. Then again, what contender wouldn’t have over the past week …

LeBrun Notebook: Possible suitors for Wayne Simmonds and...

Curious to what we'd be interested in from Nashville. Fiala+Tolvanen+1st?

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
LeBrun Notebook: Possible suitors for Wayne Simmonds and...

Curious to what we'd be interested in from Nashville. Fiala+Tolvanen+1st?

Yeah. I really like Nashville and Vegas as contenders who could use Bread and have some attractive assets. I think they can both make strong offers.

Guess it will all come down to what prospects being dangled do the CBJ scouts like. I remember many were not ennamored when Karlsson was part of the return (that also included a 2nd and Rene Bourque) for Wisniewski/3rd at the 2015 deadline but the scouts obviously saw something they liked — even if it wasn’t fully realized here.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I believe Jarmo wanted Rakell in the Wiz deal, but settled on Karlsson. I think Nashville is the dark horse to get Bread, they do need more firepower to compete with the Jets and they aren't afraid to trade

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I believe Jarmo wanted Rakell in the Wiz deal, but settled on Karlsson. I think Nashville is the dark horse to get Bread, they do need more firepower to compete with the Jets and they aren't afraid to trade

dbl post

Last edited:

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Both Nashville and Vegas have to be motivated buyers when they are trying to contend with Winnepeg's fire power. So it will be interesting to see if they are willing to come up with that little "extra" to obtain a genuine offensive star for the playoff push.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Starting to like the idea of quick more.

So:
Send Bob to FLA for whatever (just not Reimer) maybe a 2020 1st or Hoffman?
Send our 2020 1st + mini piece to LA for Quick (thanks @Fro)
Send Wennberg+ to STL for Schenn.

Run out:
Bjork - Dubois - Cam
Hoffman - Schenn - Anderson
Foligno - Jenner - Duclair

As a much better top 9.

Now to stop be sleep deprived and come back to reality.:naughty:

Edit, being sleep deprived I blanked on bread. If you keep bread for the playoffs then he's your 1LW, Bjork is 2RW and Andy plays with Jenner still. Pretty stout imo.

Hoffman and Schenn are both signed at about 5.1 for next year as well.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Starting to like the idea of quick more.

So:
Send Bob to FLA for whatever (just not Reimer) maybe a 2020 1st or Hoffman?
Send our 2020 1st + mini piece to LA for Quick (thanks @Fro)
Send Wennberg+ to STL for Schenn.

Run out:
Bjork - Dubois - Cam
Hoffman - Schenn - Anderson
Foligno - Jenner - Duclair

As a much better top 9.

Now to stop be sleep deprived and come back to reality.:naughty:

Edit, being sleep deprived I blanked on bread. If you keep bread for the playoffs then he's your 1LW, Bjork is 2RW and Andy plays with Jenner still. Pretty stout imo.

Hoffman and Schenn are both signed at about 5.1 for next year as well.

Have you given thought to why STL would make that trade?

Reactions: Sore Loser

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Have you given thought to why STL would make that trade?

LSD.

Clearly balance would be required. The problem is it's hard to see what they need. They are very similar to us in some guys are underperforming. Also looks like they could use a LD (few high ranked d prospects at a quick glance)

Maybe Wennberg + Carlsson/Peele + 4th?

Last edited:
Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Ruudukkopupuset

Mar 29, 2018
Jori Lehterä is on waivers. Could build some potent combinations around him without losing any assets in a trade. Of course his talent would need to be properly utilized to turn the trend.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
Quick is so good when he is not injured.
I feel like you take him even at his cap hit over Bob at his projected cap hit all day.

Reactions: Jovavic

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Jori Lehterä is on waivers. Could build some potent combinations around him without losing any assets in a trade. Of course his talent would need to be properly utilized to turn the trend.

What exactly is his talent because looking at his numbers and what he gets paid, it had better be spectacular.

Ruudukkopupuset

Mar 29, 2018
What exactly is his talent because looking at his numbers and what he gets paid, it had better be spectacular.

One of the better playmaking centremen in the NHL. Lehterä, one of the most heterous men in Finland, has excelled at Tappara, Sibir Novosibirsk and St. Louis Blues when given the role. As a player type he is of the same cloth as Wennberg and Hartnell when it comes to creating time and space through wall passes and four passes break any defence mentality. That type of talent is ever so rare in the Blue Jackets, especially now when under John Tortorella's slave command.

His uncle, Tero Lehterä, a 1995 World Champion, has also exemplified exceptional character in coaching the Miracle of East, Saimaan Pallo, in SM-liiga. The seed is strong.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
John Tortorella's slave command.

A bit dramatic there, don't you think? I'm certain that English isn't your first language but c'mon that's a bullshit assessment on your part. A poor choice of both words and sentiment on your part there.

I am really REALLY getting tired of Torts being bashed by outsiders. He may not be the greatest coach but he's not anywhere near as bad as others make him out to be.

Last edited:

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I know we don't know how good our prospect goaltenders will be, but I'd rather save the money and go with them than have Quick for 4 more years. Maybe I would be interested if he only had 1 or 2 years left, but not with 4 years left.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Quick is an interesting choice. I don't think his cap hit will be all that big of a deal, you could still sign Panarin if that miracle occurs. If things go south, his salary drops a lot after next season.

Not sure how I feel about it completely, but if it happened I probably wouldn't hate it if we didn't give up much.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I know we don't know how good our prospect goaltenders will be, but I'd rather save the money and go with them than have Quick for 4 more years. Maybe I would be interested if he only had 1 or 2 years left, but not with 4 years left.

It's really not that big of a deal honestly. You're mainly putting out a rider and if he doesn't work out next season you can put him on waivers. He drops down to 3.5 million after next season and it keeps dropping.

Not sure cap hit is much of concerns at this point.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
It's really not that big of a deal honestly. You're mainly putting out a rider and if he doesn't work out next season you can put him on waivers. He drops down to 3.5 million after next season and it keeps dropping.

Not sure cap hit is much of concerns at this point.

He can still be moved potentially to a team like Seattle as well when it comes down to it. I'm of the camp at this point that we won't be a cup contender until we have proven quality goaltending. If we risk unproven goalies being the guy I feel like we are throwing the next 2 years away. Quick has a 2.23 GAA and .922 SV% in his career in the playoffs. All at a lesser cap hit than Bob. This sounds like a win win for the next 2 years and we'll deal with the rest when it comes to it.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
One of the better playmaking centremen in the NHL. Lehterä, one of the most heterous men in Finland, has excelled at Tappara, Sibir Novosibirsk and St. Louis Blues when given the role. As a player type he is of the same cloth as Wennberg and Hartnell when it comes to creating time and space through wall passes and four passes break any defence mentality. That type of talent is ever so rare in the Blue Jackets, especially now when under John Tortorella's slave command.

His uncle, Tero Lehterä, a 1995 World Champion, has also exemplified exceptional character in coaching the Miracle of East, Saimaan Pallo, in SM-liiga. The seed is strong.

It looks like you picked a bad day to pump Jori Lehtera's tires - check out the mains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad