Trade Ideas Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I just do not see how adding or not adding a Brassard will make any difference in the trajectory of our season. To me that is doing something for the sake of doing something. it is a waste of time and effort.

Reactions: cslebn

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I do think Brassard would be a much better fit on the Jackets. He is not playing well in Pittsburgh, but I don't think he's lost his ability.

But I find it highly unlikely that our teams make a move. Especially considering the Pens would really only want Wennberg, Jenner or a D. The only one that even remotely makes sense from a CBJ perspective is Wennberg. And even then.... not sure it does unless Wennberg's contract is an issue.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I do think Brassard would be a much better fit on the Jackets. He is not playing well in Pittsburgh, but I don't think he's lost his ability.

But I find it highly unlikely that our teams make a move. Especially considering the Pens would really only want Wennberg, Jenner or a D. The only one that even remotely makes sense from a CBJ perspective is Wennberg. And even then.... not sure it does unless Wennberg's contract is an issue.

I'd rather hold on to Wennberg so we can keep ripping him.

Also, he has nice hair

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I hope we do something dramatic at the deadline. I am sure in the off season Jarmo will talk about Davidsson, Robinson et al being the key to improving next year rather than going out and getting a top UFA LW and Center for our second line.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

I believe one of the chief reasons Pittsburgh got him last year was to keep us from getting him.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
We also have a few defensemen that could be desirable to other teams.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
We should be looking for a solution to our 2c problem rather than just trying to reduce the scale of the problem.
Ive been saying this for years, although I do admit that I thought we needed a #1 (this was prior to PLD emerging), but this teams weakness has been down the middle for years. Wennberg was never going to be that player. He lacks the compete level needed to be great. Time to ship him out, he makes way too much money to play #3 center for us, and some team will think Torts was the problem , and take him on. He should be part of a package, to make a run at Duchene. Its Vital we bring in a player like that. If not, then trade Panarin, and Bob at the deadline, because your going absolutely nowhere. The team currently has 1 legit scoring line most nights, has one of the worst powerplays in hockey, thats not a strong recipie for success. But atleast we have great offensive defenseman:D. The wildcard to watch may be Werenski. What he could return, could go a long way in rebalancing this team.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So, anyone interested in seeing if we can revive the career of another mid-20s center that fell apart on the Oilers? Spooner's on waivers today.

I'd call it an easy "yes" myself if it weren't for the fact that his contract has an extra year.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
So, anyone interested in seeing if we can revive the career of another mid-20s center that fell apart on the Oilers? Spooner's on waivers today.

I'd call it an easy "yes" myself if it weren't for the fact that his contract has an extra year.
Contract makes me say no

If we could get rid of Riley Nash's contract, sure. But as-is, no thanks

Reactions: CPTN71

pled

Sep 7, 2009

at worst I feel like they could trade wennberg. im sure theres taker for a couple of picks or prospect. if spooner bust it probably won't be that much worst and if he's good they might have a second C there I think I would try it.

Last edited:

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
The sad fact is the Jacket's have 4 terrible contracts they are stuck with, and all of them
are under contract for at least 2 more years.

Wennberg @ 4.9, Foligno @ 5.5, Dubinsky @ 5.85, and Nash @ 2.75

After 48 games, here's what that Nineteen Million dollars of your cap space has in total points:
That's just over 25% of the allowable 75 Million Dollar cap.

Wennberg, 1 G 18 A
Dubinsky, 4G 6 A
Nash 1G 5A
Foligno, 12 G 11 A

That's 17 Goals and 40 Assists.

17 goals from 4 forwards who make over 25% of the cap. If every forward on the team performed at these 4 players level the team would have a grand total of approximately 66-68 goals this season in 48 games from your 12 forwards. Think about that for a minute and tell me how Jarmo is getting out from these deals and making this organization a cup contender, because I don't see a path any time soon.

There may be a trade out there that makes this team better, but the odds of winning even one round
in the playoffs is slim to 0.

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Werenski for Nylander plus. Nylander would play center here , and give us a legit 2, and 3rd lines , which right now , are a mess
Holy flipping **** no. Nylander has been a hopeless wreck due to skipping the preseason and first two months of the regular season, and he's never consistently delivered as a center at the NHL level. The way he's playing right now, that'd touch off bigger celebrations in Toronto than the David Clarkson trade.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
wennberg is a fine contract just a bad fit for the team im pretty sure they can unload it pretty easily its not like the other dubinsky and captain contract isnt bad for what he bring and hes having a fine season. nash could also have value for few other team

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The sad fact is the Jacket's have 4 terrible contracts they are stuck with, and all of them
are under contract for at least 2 more years.

Wennberg @ 4.9, Foligno @ 5.5, Dubinsky @ 5.85, and Nash @ 2.75

After 48 games, here's what that Nineteen Million dollars of your cap space has in total points:
That's just over 25% of the allowable 75 Million Dollar cap.

Wennberg, 1 G 18 A
Dubinsky, 4G 6 A
Nash 1G 5A
Foligno, 12 G 11 A

That's 17 Goals and 40 Assists.

17 goals from 4 forwards who make over 25% of the cap. If everyone on the team performed at these 4 players level the team would have a grand total of approximately 66-68 goals this season in 48 games. Think about that for a minute and tell me how Jarmo is getting out from these deals and making this organization a cup contender, because I don't see a path any time soon.

There may be a trade out there that makes this team better, but the odds of winning even one round
in the playoffs is slim to 0.
I recommend looking at most other teams in the League before calling this situation exceptional.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
We are not up against the cap and if we were, then the two worst contracts are the $4.5 million of cap space for Tyutin and Hartnell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad