Trade Ideas Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Yes. Even if korpisalo takes the #1 job, having bobrovsky rather than JF Berube or some random veteran backup isn’t a recipe for success. That would mean riding korpisalo out almost the entirety of the regular season, which given his light work load aside from his rookie nhl season could wear him out come playoff time.

Trading wennberg for the sake of trading wennberg also makes our team worse. Given the minutes he plays, and how much Tortorella relies on him in the defensive zone, that would mean more Riley Nash, Lukas Sedlak, and Dubinsky. I know you said for s decent return, but until I know that player I’m going to stick with this.

Bob's not going anywhere unless we're getting a Varlamov/Howard/Talbot type in return. Jarmo wouldn't roll that dice. Thats how I feel at least.

Wennberg I'd hold onto for at least another season, but if we're at this same point next year with him it's time for a change of scenery. Numerous ways to go about it, and probably some none of us have thought of. My mention in the earlier post was hypothetical and based on a good return (however unlikely).

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Brassard ????????? This is vintage Jarmo. Don't go out and make the big move to get what we need. Instead go cheap and add another marginal player to our impressive collection of 4th line centers (Wennie, Dubie, Nash and Sedlak). That way we can have 5 4th line centers.

Reactions: CPTN71

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Even if we do bring back Brass, I would have to think Jarmo isn't done adding at forward. Duchene could certainly still be a major target with or without Brassard.

Fair enough. Adding Brass would lessen the impact if Wennberg had to be dealt in a Duchene, for example, deal.

It's funny to think about Bringing Brassard back. He had some success at a young age, dropped off and could never escape the doghouse, got traded away and became decent.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Even if we do bring back Brass, I would have to think Jarmo isn't done adding at forward. Duchene could certainly still be a major target with or without Brassard.

But if he acquires Brassard for, say, a 4th round pick, and doesn't add anyone else, that means, obviously, that he didn't even try to get Duchene.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Someone mentioned this in the mains, Dzingle for Wennberg swap? Is he even a center? OSU Product though

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Someone mentioned this in the mains, Dzingle for Wennberg swap? Is he even a center? OSU Product though

Yes.

I think he is more so a winger though. But, can score goals

Same as Coyle. Although he is probably a better center than either Wennberg or Dzingel could be. I'd look to trade for either guy and re-sign them.

I was looking around the Sens board on Dzingel and a few others for fantasy reasons and him being a possible CBJ trade target. Somebody made a comment about his GF or wife being an LPGA golfer. Another "Columbus" connection? Golf? LPGA? No?

Reactions: Viqsi

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Wennberg+Milano for Brassard+Oleksiak+2nd

Bjorkstrand+Carlsson+Texier+1st for Duchene (extended)

Panarin-Dubois-Atkinson
Foligno-Duchene-Duclair
Jenner-Brassard-Anderson
Sedlak-Dubinsky-Nash/Stenlund

Werenski-Jones
Murray-Nuti
Harrington-Savard
Oleksiak-Kukan

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217

Panarin-Dubois-Atkinson
Foligno-Duchene-Duclair
Jenner-Brassard-Anderson

Werenski-Jones
Murray-Nuti
Harrington-Savard
Oleksiak-Kukan

giphy.gif

I think I only like it if BOTH actually happen.. one or the other and I'm meh on it. Wennberg/Milano feels like an overpay regardless.

Reactions: JohnnyJacket13

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Panarin-Dubois-Atkinson
Foligno-Duchene-Duclair
Jenner-Brassard-Anderson

Werenski-Jones
Murray-Nuti
Harrington-Savard
Oleksiak-Kukan
Not interested in the former unless we can pull off the latter.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
If we obtain the genuine 2C scoring center, liek Duchene,there is no need to replace Wennberg. Down the middle would be PLD, Duchene, Jenner and then Nash, Dubie, Sedlak, Dalpe, Stenlund, etc. Once we would obtain a Duchene type second line center we would have no need for Wennberg at all. We have plenty of 4th line center candidates.

That is what scares me about Jarmo even considering Brassard: Jarmo is actually considering Brassard to be a scoring line center.

And if we are trading a prospect, I would try to trade Foudy before Texiera.

Reactions: thebus88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad