Matt Duchene - 6M (6.5M salary)
Derek Stepan - 6.5M
Kevin Hayes - 5.2M
Mikko Koivu - 5.5M
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - 6M
Kuznetsov/Backstrom - 7.8M / 6.7M
David Krecji - 7.5M
Nazem Kadri - 4.5M

Kadri is the only one and for years and years people argued he was only a 3C. Half these guys are UFA this summer and their salaries are going up not down.
$4,9m + money saved from a Dubinsky buyout buys you a 2c center though ;)

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I wonder what Jarmo is up as the trade deadline approaches.
Trying to figure out the Panarin situation. IMO we won't see any deals until Jarmo, Panarin and Milstein sit down during the ASG break. He won't know if he needs to add more firepower or replace firepower until he knows whether he's staying or not.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Thinking about possible tradepartners..
Edmonton Chiarelli is trying to get some overtime before he gets knocked out. Rumours that he is offering package with young player+ 1st round pick and a goalie. I dont know why but i think Jarmo should offer Bob (if Bob agrees). If we can have Yamamoto + 1st round pick + Koskinen i think its a good one. 1st round pick helps making trade around Wennberg. Koskinen has been a brilliant this season. Think about Edmontons defence.... i would like to hear others opinions about that. Lets get to the 2nd round!

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Thinking about possible tradepartners..
Edmonton Chiarelli is trying to get some overtime before he gets knocked out. Rumours that he is offering package with young player+ 1st round pick and a goalie. I dont know why but i think Jarmo should offer Bob (if Bob agrees). If we can have Yamamoto + 1st round pick + Koskinen i think its a good one. 1st round pick helps making trade around Wennberg. Koskinen has been a brilliant this season. Think about Edmontons defence.... i would like to hear others opinions about that. Lets get to the 2nd round!
His goal is to get forwards.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
So apparently everyone but Gibson is fair game. Any interest in Getzlaf? Probably would have to give a little extra if we get the Ducks to eat part of his cap hit. After this season, he has 2 years left at 8.25 mil/season.
Positives - he's a winner (Cup in his 2nd year. 2 x olympic gold winner), leader, still puts up points

Negatives - high cap hit and could decline(33 years old). If he does, next 2 years could be brutal. Would probably cost a lot.

He has a NTC though. He might be happy with his 1 Cup. Might just prefer to be a Duck his entire career. No hassle of moving. Might prefer the city of Anaheim over Columbus. But then again, looks like older players (family guys) likes the city of Columbus. But yes unlikely, just thought it would be cool to get 1 of my favorites in Columbus.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Bjorkstrand + ? for Rickard Rakell

thoughts? Jackets would have to add but not sure how much

If the Jackets keep Panarin and go all in this year, and the Ducks continue to drowned,
Rakell is a forward I target if I am Jarmo. Very underrated player

Bjorkstrand would probably score 40 for them next year....but hey we let Vegas do it with wild Bill

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Bjorkstrand + ? for Rickard Rakell

thoughts? Jackets would have to add but not sure how much

If the Jackets keep Panarin and go all in this year, and the Ducks continue to drowned,
Rakell is a forward I target if I am Jarmo. Very underrated player

Bjorkstrand would probably score 40 for them next year....but hey we let Vegas do it with wild Bill

yea, like @Viqsi said.. it would cost heaps for Rakell.

absolutely love his game though. he’s up there with Aho for me. love both players.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Kind of hard to trade anyone from a first place team this late in the season. Unless the return was ridiculous I now believe the Jackets need to be buyers at the deadline.

From impending UFA's:

My number 1 target is Matt Duchene. His price will be high but if we could get him for say Wennberg, a pretty good prospect and a conditional first in 2020 if he re-signs I'd do it. Tough to give up an outright 1st but I might do it.

2nde choice would be Mark Stone. He'd probably be a co number 1`if he was a LW.

Gustav Nyquist might be a good target. CapFriendly lists him as a LW/RW.

Michael Ferland is a sleeper candidate. Other sleepers could include Justin Williams, Eric Staal, Jakob Silfverberg and Wayne Simmonds.

Going to be interesting.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Kind of hard to trade anyone from a first place team this late in the season. Unless the return was ridiculous I now believe the Jackets need to be buyers at the deadline.

From impending UFA's:

My number 1 target is Matt Duchene. His price will be high but if we could get him for say Wennberg, a pretty good prospect and a conditional first in 2020 if he re-signs I'd do it. Tough to give up an outright 1st but I might do it.

2nde choice would be Mark Stone. He'd probably be a co number 1`if he was a LW.

Gustav Nyquist might be a good target. CapFriendly lists him as a LW/RW.

Michael Ferland is a sleeper candidate. Other sleepers could include Justin Williams, Eric Staal, Jakob Silfverberg and Wayne Simmonds.

Going to be interesting.

Silfverberg is a name I came in to mention.

And my guess is he'd be the cheaper option between him & Rakell. He's 3 years older (28) and UFA after this season.

Rakell is 25, and on a team friendly deal ($3.75 mil) for 3 more years after this season.

Either way Jarmo should be adding more firepower

MOAR. POWER!! :madfire:

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I agree that first and foremost, we should be doing whatever is necessary to obtain Matt Duchene. That would include getting rid of Wennberg as part of the trade even if we have to retain some of his salary. If push came to shove I would include a first round pick, or perhaps Fouday (sp?). Of course Milano could also be added to the trade. Maybe Carlsson if needed. Then make sure we sign Duchene in the off season.

What else we would need to do depends upon Bread. If he leaves, I would go after Staal to play the LW on the first line. He is a LH shot. If Bread stays, and we obtained Duchene, we would have an embarrassment of riches and Jarmo would probably have multiple options if he decide to upgrade either wing on Duchene's line.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Korpi is 4-0-0 since Dec 27th with a 1.67GAA and .942 save %. Hes clearly a goalie that gets better with more frequent useage. If I'm Jarmo, my priorities at the trade deadline, is moving Wennberg, and upgrading that #2 center role, and moving Bob for a #1 pick, and getting a solid veteran goalie to go with Korpi , the rest of the season.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
What else we would need to do depends upon Bread. If he leaves, I would go after Staal to play the LW on the first line. He is a LH shot. If Bread stays, and we obtained Duchene, we would have an embarrassment of riches and Jarmo would probably have multiple options if he decide to upgrade either wing on Duchene's line.

I thought Staal was a center. As he moved out to W with Minnesota?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Korpi is 4-0-0 since Dec 27th with a 1.67GAA and .942 save %. Hes clearly a goalie that gets better with more frequent useage. If I'm Jarmo, my priorities at the trade deadline, is moving Wennberg, and upgrading that #2 center role, and moving Bob for a #1 pick, and getting a solid veteran goalie to go with Korpi , the rest of the season.

So making the team worse?

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
So making the team worse?

Is it making the team worse if Korpisalo continues to play the way he's played recently?

And assuming Wennberg returns something valuable... which he should given his age, contract, and potential... (then again, maybe we give him 1 more year to return to form?)

Reactions: thebus88

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Is it making the team worse if Korpisalo continues to play the way he's played recently?

And assuming Wennberg returns something valuable... which he should given his age, contract, and potential... (then again, maybe we give him 1 more year to return to form?)

Yes. Even if korpisalo takes the #1 job, having bobrovsky rather than JF Berube or some random veteran backup isn’t a recipe for success. That would mean riding korpisalo out almost the entirety of the regular season, which given his light work load aside from his rookie nhl season could wear him out come playoff time.

Trading wennberg for the sake of trading wennberg also makes our team worse. Given the minutes he plays, and how much Tortorella relies on him in the defensive zone, that would mean more Riley Nash, Lukas Sedlak, and Dubinsky. I know you said for s decent return, but until I know that player I’m going to stick with this.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

Who's going to give up much for him? One goal in his last 53 games plus his overall trajectory isn't going to garner much with a $4.9 million deal with 4 years to run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Facifer

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Who's going to give up much for him? One goal in his last 53 games plus his overall trajectory isn't going to garner much with a $4.9 million deal with 4 years to run.

So what's the point of trading him then?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad