Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
I cannot see us standing pat. There are significant locker room chemistry issues that Fletcher will have to sort out. There has been a lot of talk about significant Ego's in that room. Not sure a new coach fixes that entirely and I would bet Fletcher looks to move or buy out some of those Ego's that are causing the issues.

I don't think this is a system issue or anything like that. This has always been an effort issue because when this team was engaged they could hang with anyone in the league. There are some serious locker room issues that need to get figured out and I think those have been the major cause for our roller coaster seasons.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
I cannot see us standing pat. There are significant locker room chemistry issues that Fletcher will have to sort out. There has been a lot of talk about significant Ego's in that room. Not sure a new coach fixes that entirely and I would bet Fletcher looks to move or buy out some of those Ego's that are causing the issues.

I don't think this is a system issue or anything like that. This has always been an effort issue because when this team was engaged they could hang with anyone in the league. There are some serious locker room issues that need to get figured out and I think those have been the major cause for our roller coaster seasons.

Who would be the guys bring so much tension to the locker room that it'd actually be an issue? Age being a factor? Are the vets being a-holes because they've played a few hunder games more? Do the Finns bully Brodin for being Swedish or vice versa? Is Dubnyk too giraffeish? Is it Heatley who was too much of a F%&¤ing All-Star?

I just find it hard to believe that human beings over 20 years of age would sulk to eachother. I'd think there's a few feperated groups off-ice but that's how all teams work. I doubt there's a team where the roster eats their morning cereal from the same bowl.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Do the Finns bully Brodin for being Swedish

:laugh: I can see Granville, Haula, and Koivu putting poop in Brodin's skates, and Ben Gay in his jock before games, then giggling about it all game.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Maybe it's not really issues in the locker room as much as just not being a well-knit group. We need a Torii Hunter in the locker room.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
Who would be the guys bring so much tension to the locker room that it'd actually be an issue? Age being a factor? Are the vets being a-holes because they've played a few hunder games more? Do the Finns bully Brodin for being Swedish or vice versa? Is Dubnyk too giraffeish? Is it Heatley who was too much of a F%&¤ing All-Star?

I just find it hard to believe that human beings over 20 years of age would sulk to eachother. I'd think there's a few feperated groups off-ice but that's how all teams work. I doubt there's a team where the roster eats their morning cereal from the same bowl.

I dont know what the specifics are.

Yeo talked about them. Torch has talked about them and Russo has also mentioned them.

Where there is smoke there is fire. That locker room has chemistry issues.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
If Fletcher can clear cap (like a Vanek dump/buyout), I think he's going to go after Bobby Ryan. Just a lot of history there. Something that doesn't involve a defensemen like Pominville+Zucker/prospect. Ottawa cuts major salary.

MattMcGloin

Apr 18, 2016
Canada
If Fletcher can clear cap (like a Vanek dump/buyout), I think he's going to go after Bobby Ryan. Just a lot of history there. Something that doesn't involve a defensemen like Pominville+Zucker/prospect. Ottawa cuts major salary.

Please no. Not this. I would rather not have Bobby Ryan under contract for another 7 years at a cap hit of over $7 million.

Pominville proved he can still be productive with Haula and Nino, I wouldn't mind seeing them start the year together and see how it goes. Not to mention a much friendlier cap situation

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Maybe it's not really issues in the locker room as much as just not being a well-knit group. We need a Torii Hunter in the locker room.

Like this, yeah. It probably shows on ice in some extent but I think the lack of creativity is what keeps this team where it is now.

Last edited:

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Please no. Not this. I would rather not have Bobby Ryan under contract for another 7 years at a cap hit of over $7 million.

Pominville proved he can still be productive with Haula and Nino, I wouldn't mind seeing them start the year together and see how it goes. Not to mention a much friendlier cap situation
Fletcher is going to look at it as paying 1.85 million more per year to upgrade a 3rd line RW to a 2nd or maybe 1st line RW who is 4 years younger.

Not saying it will happen or it will be good for the Wild. But Fletcher will have that phone conversation.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I can't believe Fletcher was maybe right about the overpaying for vets like Brodziaks, Cookes, Ballards, Leopolds, etc.

Those "secondary" vets seem important to keep the group loose and together. We just had Dubs this year.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I can't believe Fletcher was maybe right about the overpaying for vets like Brodziaks, Cookes, Ballards, Leopolds, etc.

Those "secondary" vets seem important to keep the group loose and together. We just had Dubs this year.

Carter and Porter should've been good to do that.

Kenny G

Jun 6, 2012
Minnesota
I think Scandella makes the most sense if trading a defenseman. Will probably receive a better return compared to Brodin or Dumba currently.

I'd have to think many teams would pay quite a bit!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I think Scandella makes the most sense if trading a defenseman. Will probably receive a better return compared to Brodin or Dumba currently.

I'd have to think many teams would pay quite a bit!

Because of the young ages of Brodin and Dumba, I think they actually carry higher value.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Fletch definitely said if we can add a goal scorer in the age group of our younger guys that would be ideal. Obviously a no brainer, but good to see he is open to talking about trades and that he is actively pursuing options.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota

If a few circumstances were different, Willie Mitchell strikes me as that type of guy.

Shame he's likely done, the game needs more people like him.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
wasn't niskanen on the FA block with Vanek?

if we had him, we'd be the like legit top 3 d classes in the league... and that's what I value in the playoffs.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
spitballing...

To Arizona - Dumba/Brodin (+4th if helps any)

To Minnesota - #7 + Dvorak

ARI would be crazy to do that. Dvorak had a great year...he's not just a throw in. MAYBE if we did Brodin + Zucker+ D prospect, but even then I don't see it.

Dvorak looks to be a legit top 6 player in a year or two, and the #7 pick will, probably, also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->