Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Starting fresh...

Some basic rules, from the last thread:
Nobody's ganging up on anybody else and none of the mods are here to censor your opinion beyond violation of site rules.

If you have a problem with something someone wrote, here are three options:

1. If you disagree with their opinion, write an intelligent yet respectful critique of their post

2. If you believe they violated site rules, click on the "Yield" symbol under their avatar to report it to moderators

3. Ignore it and move on

Keep your cool and keep the sarcasm to a respectful minimum.

Previous threads:

Trade Ideas and Free Agency I

Trade Ideas and Free Agency II
Trade Ideas and Free Agency III
Trade Ideas and Free Agency IV
Trade Ideas and Free Agency V

Bullrun

Jan 22, 2007
Vanek!

Seriously though, after seeing the kids grow up a little it feels like the wild need to add pieces that bring more consistency...also scoring, it would be nice to not have to rely on close 1 goal games.

That said, we can't lose any of these kids so gotta plan right.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Really? Felt like you hadn't posted in forever.

I've been posting here and there. Not as much as I was since school just ended and I've been working. Been interested to see how far the Wild went into the playoffs, but damn proud of the kids for taking it that far.

teddy83

Nov 2, 2013
Vanek sounds good but he may end up looking the same as Heatley in couple years.

TPuck

PS4
May 11, 2014
I would love to add Vanek but Im a bit afraid, as mention by a previous post, he will end up as an 7,5 million 4th liner later up the road. I wouldnt mind giving him a huge salary for a couple of years but Im not keen on locking him up for 7 years... No problem with 7 million for 2-3 years though...

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
If Vanek is so keen on playing in Minnesota we should offer him a 3-5 year 4m deal. I know its way lower then anyone else but if he really wants to play here he can take it.. if not than, to bad for him/us..

I dont want and overpaid Heatley 2.0

Would much rather give Nino the top 6 spot and let him develop.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
If Vanek is so keen on playing in Minnesota we should offer him a 3-5 year 4m deal. I know its way lower then anyone else but if he really wants to play here he can take it.. if not than, to bad for him/us..

I dont want and overpaid Heatley 2.0

Would much rather give Nino the top 6 spot and let him develop.

Ha. I get your point, but if that were the Wild's offer, Vanek would remove the word "Minnesota" from his vocabulary for good. The term is reasonable, but the supposed bargain price is going to have to be $6m+. Probably closer to $7m.

Even though he supposedly wants to play here (who knows really?), Vanek still has leverage. He will go elsewhere, get paid more and still compete for the Cup.

There are other teams who will want him who have just as good of, if not better chances to win the Cup as we do.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
Ha. I get your point, but if that were the Wild's offer, Vanek would remove the word "Minnesota" from his vocabulary for good. The term is reasonable, but the supposed bargain price is going to have to be $6m+. Probably closer to $7m.

Even though he supposedly wants to play here (who knows really?), Vanek still has leverage. He will go elsewhere, get paid more and still compete for the Cup.

There are other teams who will want him who have just as good of, if not better chances to win the Cup as we do.

I get what your saying.. It's just that.. It's sort of an if/if not scenario.. If we sign him for lets say 6-7m long-term we are basicaly screwed after 3 seasons.. He knows this to but doesnt give a ****.. Thats why we offer him either a 2 year 6m or 4 year 4m deal.. If he doesnt want it.. Fine.. Nino will develop into a 30+ guy.. (atleast i hope so)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Crazy trade idea. Hamilton for Coyle... We have to add something, probably.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I get what your saying.. It's just that.. It's sort of an if/if not scenario.. If we sign him for lets say 6-7m long-term we are basicaly screwed after 3 seasons.. He knows this to but doesnt give a ****.. Thats why we offer him either a 2 year 6m or 4 year 4m deal.. If he doesnt want it.. Fine.. Nino will develop into a 30+ guy.. (atleast i hope so)

I don't really care how much they pay him as long as they don't give him 6 or 7 years. That's way too long for a player like him, but that's probably what he's looking for.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I want Vanek. I believe he is the final piece we need to be contenders. So proud of this team and feel like we can do even greater things next season, especially with Vanek on the roster.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
If Vanek signs for 5 years or less for under $7m per, why not give him a shot? You can always trade or buy out players you don't want down the road. Look at what Glen Sather has done with the Rangers.

I still think they would do well to add a quality defenseman who is a weapon on the point on the PP. Get him in over Suter, who isn't suited for that role. Suter can rack up points handing off to Shea Weber, but we don't have a Shea Weber. Try and find one.

Parise - Granlund - Nino
Vanek - Haula - Pominville
Zucker - Koivu - Coyle
Cooke - Brodziak - McCormick

Suter - Niskanen
Scandella - Brodin
Stoner - Spurgeon

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I don't really care how much they pay him as long as they don't give him 6 or 7 years. That's way too long for a player like him, but that's probably what he's looking for.

They should offer him sick money on short term. 3 year, 30 million.

Get the best of what he has left and he can still probably get another contract. Lose the caphit as the young guys need deals.

Needles

Jun 29, 2010
I know he's a headcase, but how about James Neal? He's got four years left, 5 million per year. 26 year old power forward, who can give you 20-30 goals every year. I'd kick the tyres a little bit, if Pittsburgh is ready to shake things up.

Coyle + 1st 2014 + ?

:dunno:

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
They should offer him sick money on short term. 3 year, 30 million.

Get the best of what he has left and he can still probably get another contract. Lose the caphit as the young guys need deals.

Agreed, I think that would be the least risky solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad