Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency IX - Wild Looking For A Defenseman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Do you think we need to take into account the teams they played for and not just raw numbers?

No, because trying to project goalies stats to another team is a complete crapshoot. People though Miller was going to be god after all the seasons he had in Buffalo. I mean he has to get much much better, right? Nope.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
No, because trying to project goalies stats to another team is a complete crapshoot. People though Miller was going to be god after all the seasons he had in Buffalo. I mean he has to get much much better, right? Nope.

I agree it is a crapshoot, and your Miller example does make sense. I just feel it has to be factored in somewhere but I see your point.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Per LeBrun, everyone on waivers cleared yesterday, meaning the Wild didn't think Bryan Allen on waivers would be a good enough addition to the blueline, which I agree with.

Carter Ashton is now on waivers too.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Per LeBrun, everyone on waivers cleared yesterday, meaning the Wild didn't think Bryan Allen on waivers would be a good enough addition to the blueline, which I agree with.

Carter Ashton is now on waivers too.
We should picked up Ashton. HFboards tells me he has good trade value.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Parise - Koivu - Kessel
Vanek - Granlund - Nino
Zucker - Haula/Graovac - Cooke/Fontaine/Schroeder/Whoever

Out: Pominville and Coyle

Tuch takes Vanek's spot in 2.5 years and our 2015 1st rounder takes Koivu's in 2-4.

Throwing **** at a wall.

Jesus comma Brodin

Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Parise - Koivu - Kessel
Vanek - Granlund - Nino

Tuch takes Vanek's spot in 2.5 years and our 2015 1st rounder takes Koivu's in 2-4.

Throwing **** at a wall.

He would help the Powerplay... Maybe

iLLogik87

Jan 5, 2015
Antarctica
Parise - Koivu - Kessel
Vanek - Granlund - Nino

Throwing **** at a wall.

I would love that. I can't see Fletcher pulling the trigger on his beloved Pominville, though. He gave up a lot for him.

Minny Lakes

Apr 4, 2013
Sounds like Phaneuf is available too? he'd be the big physical Dman we would need. I think he just signed a huge contract so not sure if we have room for him.

suter-Phaneuf 24 minutes
Scandella-Brodin. 18 minutes
spurgeon-folin. 18 minutes

Balances the minutes out too, assuming we trade forwards instead of our dmen.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Sounds like Phaneuf is available too? he'd be the big physical Dman we would need. I think he just signed a huge contract so not sure if we have room for him.

suter-Phaneuf 24 minutes
Scandella-Brodin. 18 minutes
spurgeon-folin. 18 minutes

Balances the minutes out too, assuming we trade forwards instead of our dmen.

Never liked Phaneuf. I don't think he's as bad as the public consensus seems to be, but I'd pass on him.

born2Bwild

Jan 6, 2015
What goalies are rumored to be on the block right now who would be worth going after?

Enroth, Ward...

Any chance they could pry Gibson away from the ducks without a crazy overpayment? Or take a shot at someone like Pickard or Darling

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
What goalies are rumored to be on the block right now who would be worth going after?

Enroth, Ward...

Any chance they could pry Gibson away from the ducks without a crazy overpayment? Or take a shot at someone like Pickard or Darling

Not going after young goalies who are having good years. The best option is enroth.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
And we carry 3 goalies on the roster? With how often we've had 2, 3, or 4 guys out of the lineup at once, I don't think it's the best idea.

born2Bwild

Jan 6, 2015
Not going after young goalies who are having good years.

Elaborate

Not saying you're wrong - just wondering your reasons for being so definitive. I don't think it would be wise to pay a big price for someone who hasn't proven much, but if they don't figure into their current team's immediate future and could be had for a decent price it might be worth it. Young goalies having good years has resulted in a cup or two.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Elaborate

Not saying you're wrong - just wondering your reasons for being so definitive. I don't think it would be wise to pay a big price for someone who hasn't proven much, but if they don't figure into their current team's immediate future and could be had for a decent price it might be worth it. Young goalies having good years has resulted in a cup or two.

Then you could end up stuck with more than on young struggling goaltender. There is reason why Anaheim signed Bryzgalov.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
5v5 Save % (rank)

Enroth
Age 22: 0.921 (37)
Age 23: 0.923 (28)
Age 24: 0.934 (9)
Age 25: 0.929 (18)
Age 26: 0.920 (31)

Kuemper
Age 22: 0.913 (44)
Age 23: 0.934 (10)
Age 24: 0.905 (51)

I like Enroth's consistency in terms of save percentage. He's been an average goalie with one great year on a bad team. Kuemper has been a below-average goalie with one great year on a mediocre team.

If GMCF can find a way to get Backstrom off the roster and get Enroth without giving up a 1st or one of the really good young players or prospects, that's awesome. I think he could be a good starting goalie for the Wild, and that would let Kuemper play in a backup role until he can develop some consistency.

If the Wild have to give up a 1st or a high end prospect/young player? Not interested. Enroth is a good goalie, not a great one. Wild already gave up their 2nd round pick.

Buffalo fans aren't going to want to give up Enroth for a 3rd + mid prospect. I don't see that. I think his value is probably a 2nd + mid prospect. But what do I know.

I just don't see a fit right now.

Jesus comma Brodin

Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
5v5 Save % (rank)

Enroth
Age 22: 0.921 (37)
Age 23: 0.923 (28)
Age 24: 0.934 (9)
Age 25: 0.929 (18)
Age 26: 0.920 (31)

Kuemper
Age 22: 0.913 (44)
Age 23: 0.934 (10)
Age 24: 0.905 (51)

I like Enroth's consistency in terms of save percentage. He's been an average goalie with one great year on a bad team. Kuemper has been a below-average goalie with one great year on a mediocre team.

If GMCF can find a way to get Backstrom off the roster and get Enroth without giving up a 1st or one of the really good young players or prospects, that's awesome. I think he could be a good starting goalie for the Wild, and that would let Kuemper play in a backup role until he can develop some consistency.

If the Wild have to give up a 1st or a high end prospect/young player? Not interested. Enroth is a good goalie, not a great one. Wild already gave up their 2nd round pick.

Buffalo fans aren't going to want to give up Enroth for a 3rd + mid prospect. I don't see that. I think his value is probably a 2nd + mid prospect. But what do I know.

I just don't see a fit right now.

Good analysis and post. I can't see how Buffalo would justify needing a 1st + for him. 3rd + mid prospect (like you said) would be ideal.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
No way we give up our first for a goalie. The PO's as of right now is not looking pretty even with a decent Goalie. If we suddenly start looking good we can wait till the tdl and see If there's a quality backup who could step in as a starter if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad