Trade idea....

Hexy4

Mar 12, 2007
So I’ve been thinking a lot about some moves that might work for the Flyers. I’ve checked other teams rosters and I keep coming back to Minnesota’s roster. There in some cap trouble and we have cap space. I think they have 2 of our most glaring needs; A solid 3rd line shut down center and a #3 defenceman. So here it goes....

Wayne Simmonds
19th overall 2018

For

Jonas Brodin
Charlie Coyle

I like Simmonds as much as the next guy but that next contract is going to be brutal. I also love the draft more than any other day of the year so it kills me to add that pick. In saying that I think this makes sense. Brodin is 24 and Coyle is 26, both fit the young mold of this team.

This is my first trade idea on here so don’t beat me up too bad guys. What do you guys think?

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
So I’ve been thinking a lot about some moves that might work for the Flyers. I’ve checked other teams rosters and I keep coming back to Minnesota’s roster. There in some cap trouble and we have cap space. I think they have 2 of our most glaring needs; A solid 3rd line shut down center and a #3 defenceman. So here it goes....
What cap trouble? Everybody is signed and they have 7 mil left plus 5 more when cap goes to 80.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Wayne Simmonds
19th overall 2018

For

Jonas Brodin
Charlie Coyle

I like Simmonds as much as the next guy but that next contract is going to be brutal. I also love the draft more than any other day of the year so it kills me to add that pick. In saying that I think this makes sense. Brodin is 24 and Coyle is 26, both fit the young mold of this team.

This is my first trade idea on here so don’t beat me up too bad guys. What do you guys think?

Minnesota says no. They probably dont trade Brodin alone for Simmer + 19. Hes 5 years younger than Wayne.

I like the idea of trading for Coyle alone though and he would presumably cost less.

Reactions: Hexy4

Hexy4

Mar 12, 2007
What cap trouble? Everybody is signed and they have 7 mil left plus 5 more when cap goes to 80.

Well they have to resign Matt Dumba and Jason Zucker which will both be wanting huge raises. Maybe there not in huge cap trouble but they’ll be up against it.

Reactions: Rebels57

Hexy4

Mar 12, 2007
Minnesota says no. They probably dont trade Brodin alone for Simmer + 19. Hes 5 years younger than Wayne.

I like the idea of trading for Coyle alone though and he would presumably cost less.

Yeah it was just an idea. Maybe Flyers could throw Hagg into it???

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
It's not horrible, but I'd rather have Simmonds and the #19. I'm in love with the depth of this draft, so I'm not enamored with the idea of giving up picks. Too many good prospects out there who you will have control of, at low cost, for a long time, and get their entire primes. And I think Simmonds is more valuable than either Coyle or Brodin.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
That’s the type of deal I hope Hextall tries to make. Adding a top 4 dman like Brodin would be a big move and Coyle slots in well.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Brodin is a yes, Coyle,s body yes his brain no. He has alot of brain farts and would become unpopular on here quickly

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Yeah it was just an idea. Maybe Flyers could throw Hagg into it???

They'd likely ask for pick #14, maybe settle for pick #19 plus a tier-2 prospect but not accept significantly less.
Tough pill to swallow but the Flyers could afford the price.

kolankosf

Jul 5, 2013
Red Deer, Alberta
What about trading Simmonds and the 14th pick for Matt Duchene? Both have one year left on their contracts and then we can be running with 3 solid scoring lines.

G - Coots- TK
Lind- Patrick- V
Frost- Duchene- Weal?
Raffl - Laughts - Lehtera?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
What about trading Simmonds and the 14th pick for Matt Duchene? Both have one year left on their contracts and then we can be running with 3 solid scoring lines.

G - Coots- TK
Lind- Patrick- V
Frost- Duchene- Weal?
Raffl - Laughts - Lehtera?

Ottawa is not trading Duchene already. That should be pretty obvious.

Reactions: Tripod

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Hagg for Gauthier.

He has been invisible in the Phantoms series but he would be a good 4C spot option next year

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Is he any better an option than what we have internally?

Julien Gauthier is pretty bad. Never been a fan back to his draft year, he's not progressed, and he looked like shit for Charlotte. Just a really dumb, really toolsy player.

Wait, let me confirm with Elite Prospects.....

Tremendous vision and outstanding hockey sense

I stand corrected.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
No chance I make that trade. Honestly Hagg is the better player and it’s not even close

Short term Hagg is better, but I can see Gauthier turning into a Joe Colborne type of player and a very good 4C

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I think he is talking about Frederik Gauthier.

My bad. That's way worse. :laugh:

Hagg is a 23 year old NHLer who often got top 4 minutes and is the exact type hockey people overvalue and covet. I think he's awful, but his value is probably a 2nd rounder at worst, and maybe more as a B-piece in a trade. Gauthier is a 23 year old AHL 4th liner with no upside and no value. Not liking the value of that one!

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I think id make that trade just to be rid of Hagg who is going to stand in the way of much better D prospects and get way more ice time than he should.

Addition by subtraction and all that

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
My bad. That's way worse. :laugh:

Hagg is a 23 year old NHLer who often got top 4 minutes and is the exact type hockey people covet. I think he's awful, but his value is probably a 2nd rounder at worst, and maybe more as a B-piece in a trade. Gauthier is a 23 year old AHL 4th liner. Not liking the value!

I’m actually a Hagg support for the most part, but I don’t think you guys are giving Gauthier enough credit. He has been stuck in a numbers game in Toronto last two years behind some pretty good C depth. I’d put money on Gauthier being more valuable then Hagg in two years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->