Confirmed with Link: TRADE: Habs acquire Nicolas Deslauriers from Buffalo for Zach Redmond

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
He plays well, enough said. now its a prejudice because his name is Deslauriers
What?

He is an AHL player no more. Having him around is a waste of a roster spot and the only reason to have him around is because of where he is born.

Jul 6, 2016
Deslauriers would be a good #13 forward with the Habs. Way more useful than DLR or Froese.

Habs should promote him and Carr and demote Froese and DLR.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
He at least provides depth. I don't think Julien trusts him defensively yet so he has to earn that playing time. He gets bonus time on the PP. Right now Julien is able to run two defensively strong lines, Danault's & Plekanec's and I don't see how Hudon displaces anybody off them. I would like to see if he could renew some junior chemistry with Drouin, Hudon-Drouin-Galchenyuk would be an interesting line. I think Hudon's lack of production reflects his teammates play more than his own. He did get one good look flying off the wing on Saturday. Maybe with Hemsky/Sherbak the line would be less of a black hole, than with combinations of Mitchell, Rosey and Fraise.

I'd still like to see what Gregoire could do before Deslauriers, he is RH, and a pest, can have the same reverberating effect that Begin brought.

Julien thinks too much about guys' defensive plays.

But I would recall both Gregoire and Deslaurier, launch these dogs to create havoc. I'm a three-lines type of guy and then you use the fourth one at unique moments.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad