Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XXXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
And that's where Guerin needs to earn his paycheck. Sitting around for the next 5 years like the Wild did for the last 5 years saying things like "right now might not be the ideal time to trade for a center" isn't really working.
Considering we don’t even know who is available I’m not gonna after/disagree with this. I think we’ll likely have to move Dumba but I can’t seem to think of a reasonable package where we are actually addressing another teams needs while getting a top-6 C.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Considering we don’t even know who is available I’m not gonna after/disagree with this. I think we’ll likely have to move Dumba but I can’t seem to think of a reasonable package where we are actually addressing another teams needs while getting a top-6 C.

Yeah I'm struggling to come up with teams that need RD and have top 6 centers to spare.

Toronto, maybe, if you count Nylander?
LAK could use D prospects and has surplus C prospects, but it doesn't make sense for either team at this point
Rangers might not sign Strome but they need centers and don't need defense
Pittsburgh with McCann
Possibly Montreal and Danault but they don't need RD
Tampa Bay and Cirelli, but that's not going to be a Dumba or Brodin deal
Chicago with Strome
St. Louis could be an interesting option if they lose Pietrangelo, maybe Schenn can be had?

Pretty slim pickings for a Dumba for C deal

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Yeah I'm struggling to come up with teams that need RD and have top 6 centers to spare.

Toronto, maybe, if you count Nylander?
LAK could use D prospects and has surplus C prospects, but it doesn't make sense for either team at this point
Rangers might not sign Strome but they need centers and don't need defense
Pittsburgh with McCann
Possibly Montreal and Danault but they don't need RD
Tampa Bay and Cirelli, but that's not going to be a Dumba or Brodin deal
Chicago with Strome
St. Louis could be an interesting option if they lose Pietrangelo, maybe Schenn can be had?

Pretty slim pickings for a Dumba for C deal
Calgary, if they let Brodie walk.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
No, but there's all sorts of smoke around Monahan. It's still fresh off the playoff exit so it's probably mostly just pissed off fans... but they do seem like a candidate for some drama this offseason.

I would group them in the "possibles but not likely for a D" category. They already need desperate help on offense. Their RW depth is literally 0, which is why they have Lindholm there instead of center. They move Monahan, switch Lindholm to center, and Sam Bennett has to play top line.

I agree there's been some smoke and they could make some big moves, I just don't see us as good trade partners.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
No, but there's all sorts of smoke around Monahan. It's still fresh off the playoff exit so it's probably mostly just pissed off fans... but they do seem like a candidate for some drama this offseason.
Agree mostly, if there’s any smoke outside of HFBoards that’s news to me

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Entitlist has Foligno as “untouchable” in the thread that got locked on the main boards. I somewhat want to chance my name because I don’t want people to confuse us, but there’s too much heritage in it.

You should give listen to Russo podcast from trade deadline where he made clear Guerin did. It wasn't an opinion

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
If you look at the 2017-18 roster, there are a total of 5 forwards on that team that are still here. 6 if you include Greenway, who played all of 6 games after coming over from BU that season. Parise and Staal are the only top-6 guys, both of whom are 35+ now.

It's not a "rebuild" in the sense that most posters on the trade board mean, which is to sell everyone for draft picks and be terrible, but the forward corps has been completely overhauled. Even Staal and Parise have come within a hair's breadth of being traded since then. Claiming that any of those guys are off-limits is not grounded in reality.

I mean in terms of getting less than a 1st for some players like Foligno was no go for Guerin. I specifically sharing an athletic trade deadline where this was said

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Entitlist has Foligno as “untouchable” in the thread that got locked on the main boards. I somewhat want to chance my name because I don’t want people to confuse us, but there’s too much heritage in it.

Podcast from feb; around 8 to 9 min into show:

Russo basically had the info Foligno was going to become the next wild captain & wasn't going anywhere. Maybe it has changed after what happened to wild with Vancouver: but on previous podcast, he has said Spurgeon or Foligno are now both in the mix to be captain

Listen to the The Athletic Hour Episode - Howling At The Moon on iHeartRadio | iHeartRadio

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I mean in terms of getting less than a 1st for some players like Foligno was no go for Guerin. I specifically sharing an athletic trade deadline where this was said
Sharing typically includes a link*. And your initial post did not say that Guerin wouldn't move Foligno for less than a 1st, it said...

Thank God you aren't the GM of this team.

Parise for 1st, Ladd & Komarov is a bad trade no matter how you slice it. Minnesota isn't rebuilding, & also Parise can still score 20-25 Goals a year. Happy Parise has decided against waiving his no clause, & instead is excited to play with Kaprizov

Foligno can easily get a 1st. Thank God Guerin values Foligno
Which is unfounded unless you have a documented case of someone actually offering a 1st for the guy. Taking grains of truth and turning them up to 11 like this doesn't do anyone any good.

*Which I see you've shared. Thank you.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Podcast from feb; around 8 to 9 min into show:

Russo basically had the info Foligno was going to become the next wild captain & wasn't going anywhere. Maybe it has changed after what happened to wild with Vancouver: but on previous podcast, he has said Spurgeon or Foligno are now both in the mix to be captain

Listen to the The Athletic Hour Episode - Howling At The Moon on iHeartRadio | iHeartRadio
He said he can't see Guerin trading Foligno at this point and that he "quite frankly might be the captain of this team next year." There's no indication that he's heard that from anyone, and if he had who would it have been? Boudreau, before he was fired? Evason, while he was still an interim coach with a relatively slim chance of being extended? Was he just reading the locker room and coming to his own conclusions? Maybe it's a topic that comes up in texts with players? We have no idea because he rarely specifies, but assuming that everything he says is somehow a message straight from Guerin is lunacy.

Reactions: 2Pair

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
He said he can't see Guerin trading Foligno at this point and that he "quite frankly might be the captain of this team next year." There's no indication that he's heard that from anyone, and if he had who would it have been? Boudreau, before he was fired? Evason, while he was still an interim coach with a relatively slim chance of being extended? Was he just reading the locker room and coming to his own conclusions? Maybe it's a topic that comes up in texts with players? We have no idea because he rarely specifies, but assuming that everything he says is somehow a message straight from Guerin is lunacy.

Do you honestly believe he's hasn't gotten some type of clue from Guerin or someone in the organization?

There is absolutely zero chance he is just making uo that Jared Spurgeon or Foligno will now be next captain.

I am pretty sure Guerin got offers from Teams on Foligno and said no. Him saying what he did while technically some can say is a opinion, it's not a coincidence Foligno wasn't traded. Clearly the brash, Outspoken nature of Foligno is probably why he wasn't traded at trade deadline

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Sharing typically includes a link*. And your initial post did not say that Guerin wouldn't move Foligno for less than a 1st, it said...

Which is unfounded unless you have a documented case of someone actually offering a 1st for the guy. Taking grains of truth and turning them up to 11 like this doesn't do anyone any good.

*Which I see you've shared. Thank you.

You are welcome! I honestly was surprised he said this, but 100 this was leaked to him by someone in the organization.

Recently/ lately it has been Spurgeon or Foligno will be next captain of the wild.

If I had to guess reasons for Spurgeon are new contract & him being first teammate to reach out to Kaprizov is russia & having conversations with him

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Do you honestly believe he's hasn't gotten some type of clue from Guerin or someone in the organization?

There is absolutely zero chance he is just making uo that Jared Spurgeon or Foligno will now be next captain.

I am pretty sure Guerin got offers from Teams on Foligno and said no. Him saying what he did while technically some can say is a opinion, it's not a coincidence Foligno wasn't traded. Clearly the brash, Outspoken nature of Foligno is probably why he wasn't traded at trade deadline
He may have gotten clues from a number of places: Guerin, either of the coaches, the players themselves. He's closer to those people than any of us are and as such his speculation is at least more informed than ours is... but unless he's sourcing it it's still speculation. Treating it as something that you are absolutely, 100% sure of isn't helpful. I don't understand why it always has to be this absolute binary of "well this is 100% true" or "there's zero chance that this would ever happen!" It just needlessly derails the discussion.

You are welcome! I honestly was surprised he said this, but 100 this was leaked to him by someone in the organization.

Recently/ lately it has been Spurgeon or Foligno will be next captain of the wild.

If I had to guess reasons for Spurgeon are new contract & him being first teammate to reach out to Kaprizov is russia & having conversations with him
Again with the "100 percent." I don't get it.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Would there be any interest in seeing if the Wild could get RNH from the Oilers?

I know he is pretty much a winger now, due to the oilers having two great centers. Is his future as a center dead?

I don’t watch the oilers outside of when the Wild play them, so I can’t say I have experience seeing him a center.

I just think his price wouldn’t be too high since he has one year left on his deal. Maybe RNH + for Dumba?

if his career is over as a center, than yeah never mind.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Would there be any interest in seeing if the Wild could get RNH from the Oilers?

I know he is pretty much a winger now, due to the oilers having two great centers. Is his future as a center dead?

I don’t watch the oilers outside of when the Wild play them, so I can’t say I have experience seeing him a center.

I just think his price wouldn’t be too high since he has one year left on his deal. Maybe RNH + for Dumba?

if his career is over as a center, than yeah never mind.
I’d have interest but they view RNH as we view Fiala these days after he had a scorching end to the season + playoffs

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Unless some happy accident occurs, we get a stopgap C(Haula), or even stick with what we have in Staal, JEE, Sturm, Rask, (one of Anas, Koivu, Galchenyuk).

If Dumba is traded, we might to consider doing it for a pick and/or prospect. I don't think we have to, as 4+4 is an option for the Seattle ED.

This year's draft is where we really want to load up on C prospects, write off next year's shortened season to a certain extent, and hope that our C prospects(Khovanov, Hentges) start to trickle into the NHL in 21-22. I think that 20-21 will also be a time where we closely evaluate Greenway and Kunin, and see whether they are part of the solution, or part of the problem.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
What type of package would you put together for Kuznetsov? I’d move Dumba/Brodin + Boldy in a heart beat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad