Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XXXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Wait, so we're cheering for Montreal now?
I don’t know how the credibility of the guy but if it’s true I’ll be over the moon. Price needs to stand on his head

EDIT: Russo said it’s not true

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don’t know how the credibility of the guy but if it’s true I’ll be over the moon. Price needs to stand on his head

I thought they already came out and said what will happen with those picks and that Pittsburgh keeps it if they lose.

Here's to hoping, but not holding my breath.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
JFC, the NHL is so dumb that even the lawyers can't figure out WTF they're trying to say/do.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Bring him home Wild

I must admit this is one of the most outlandish rumors that I have heard in a while, but it comes from such a good source that I have to believe that it is indeed a credible one. On Friday Vancouver Canucks insider Rick Dhaliwal revealed that the Canucks are currently considering the possibility of trading away young forward Brock Boeser, seemingly one of the key young pieces on that organizations roster
Rumor: Canucks “exploring” the possibility of trading Brock Boeser.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
On Thursday, the Wild announced the hiring of former Canucks scout Judd Brackett as director of amateur scouting. Brackett, who spent 12 years within the Canucks organization, knows Boeser very well. In fact, he reportedly played a significant role in Vancouver nabbing Boeser in the 2015 draft. With Brackett now joining the Wild, could he once again encourage a move for the former Calder Memorial Trophy finalist?

From Hockey Wilderness

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
On Thursday, the Wild announced the hiring of former Canucks scout Judd Brackett as director of amateur scouting. Brackett, who spent 12 years within the Canucks organization, knows Boeser very well. In fact, he reportedly played a significant role in Vancouver nabbing Boeser in the 2015 draft. With Brackett now joining the Wild, could he once again encourage a move for the former Calder Memorial Trophy finalist?

From Hockey Wilderness
You should provide a link to the story then...

Here it is...

Should the Wild consider trading for Brock Boeser?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He would be nice, but a luxury. Would probably cost us pieces(2020 1st, Beckman, Addison, or maybe Dumba/Brodin) that would be better used to get a damn Center. We can't write in Khovanov as a top 6 C of the future...he's a maybe to even be a NHL'er. JEE is a sure thing #3C, maybe a #2. After that, we've got nothing once Staal heads off into the sunset.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Bring him home Wild

I must admit this is one of the most outlandish rumors that I have heard in a while, but it comes from such a good source that I have to believe that it is indeed a credible one. On Friday Vancouver Canucks insider Rick Dhaliwal revealed that the Canucks are currently considering the possibility of trading away young forward Brock Boeser, seemingly one of the key young pieces on that organizations roster
Rumor: Canucks “exploring” the possibility of trading Brock Boeser.
Figure out a way to get him without giving up one of Brodin, Dumba, Eriksson Ek, 1st rounder and I'm all for adding your Susie.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Figure out a way to get him without giving up one of Brodin, Dumba, Eriksson Ek, 1st rounder and I'm all for adding your Susie.

Add Boldy, Khovanov to that list for me.

Preferably I would package Menell/Addison+Greenway/Donato+2nd/3rd and if Vancouver doesn't like it they can move him elsewhere. That gives them a young potential top 4 RHD and plenty of cap space to sign Toffoli and whoever else, and gives them two guys who can be NHL players at the very least.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Add Boldy, Khovanov to that list for me.

Preferably I would package Menell/Addison+Greenway/Donato+2nd/3rd and if Vancouver doesn't like it they can move him elsewhere. That gives them a young potential top 4 RHD and plenty of cap space to sign Toffoli and whoever else, and gives them two guys who can be NHL players at the very least.
I'd give up Boldy if that's what it took. Not much chance that he becomes a bigger impact player than Boeser already is.

Reactions: Dakota Sioux

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'd give up Boldy if that's what it took. Not much chance that he becomes a bigger impact player than Boeser already is.

Agree to disagree there. Watching Boeser in college and watching Boldy this last season, I don't care what the numbers were, I'd rather hang on to Boldy as long as possible.

I'm not saying he's a more valuable asset or will be the better player, but Boldy's style of play is to drive offense, Boeser is closer to an elite passenger. Like a rich mans Zucker without the speed.

Reactions: nickschultzfan

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Agree to disagree there. Watching Boeser in college and watching Boldy this last season, I don't care what the numbers were, I'd rather hang on to Boldy as long as possible.

I'm not saying he's a more valuable asset or will be the better player, but Boldy's style of play is to drive offense, Boeser is closer to an elite passenger. Like a rich mans Zucker without the speed.
I'm not looking to get rid of Boldy at all, but if you're given a sure fire 30-30 RHS winger for him, you have to take that. Boeser is a great fit at 5 on 5 with any of Fiala, Kaprizov, Zuccarello and is the perfect fit for what the Wild are missing on the PP.

Reactions: Dakota Sioux

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm intrigued by this offer sheet strome for 4.2 for comp 2nd talk going on the trade forums.

I have a hard time believing it would get to that point. I can't see how some team wouldn't pay more than a 2nd to get his rights.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
I realize his defensive game still needs some work, but he was no more liability than a lot of the guys out there Saturday. Was just an internal team scrimmage, but really like what Addison brought to the table, if he pushes for any sort of minutes during this playoff or even gets remotely close, does that make Dumba expendable as the main piece in a big C trade?

DemidovSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I realize his defensive game still needs some work, but he was no more liability than a lot of the guys out there Saturday. Was just an internal team scrimmage, but really like what Addison brought to the table, if he pushes for any sort of minutes during this playoff or even gets remotely close, does that make Dumba expendable as the main piece in a big C trade?
I’d be surprised if Addison gets time even if he is a better option than hunt. Dumba isn’t likely expendable because I don’t see anyone bringing the same elements he brings from the back end, but With Addison and Menell coming up on the right side, it sure looks like RD is the position we’re most capable of trading from, and with Spurgeon locked up for 7 more years, the writing is somewhat on the wall. I think Dumba is the guy that goes, I just hope that his value isn’t dead from this past season. I don’t think it’s worth trading him for a gamble, I think it only makes sense to love him for a borderline 1C like Horvat/Monahan

Reactions: StateofCelly

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
I’d be surprised if Addison gets time even if he is a better option than hunt. Dumba isn’t likely expendable because I don’t see anyone bringing the same elements he brings from the back end, but With Addison and Menell coming up on the right side, it sure looks like RD is the position we’re most capable of trading from, and with Spurgeon locked up for 7 more years, the writing is somewhat on the wall. I think Dumba is the guy that goes, I just hope that his value isn’t dead from this past season. I don’t think it’s worth trading him for a gamble, I think it only makes sense to love him for a borderline 1C like Horvat/Monahan

I was trying to be careful with my words and get the same point across. Expendable isn't the word because of the skill set he brings, but as far as an asset goes and the other pieces we need I would think he would bring back the greater return at another position of need.. opportunity cost I guess. I would have to agree Addison won't see time but in the same breath him being up with the club and getting the practice is invaluable experience, and atleast we (as in the coaching staff) get a chance to really evaluate a guy in a setting that normally wouldn't be possible. I just think its nice that after a trade we are having a conversation about a prospect that could potentially make a difference. Nice change of pace.

Reactions: DemidovSaveUs

DemidovSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I was trying to be careful with my words and get the same point across. Expendable isn't the word because of the skill set he brings, but as far as an asset goes and the other pieces we need I would think he would bring back the greater return at another position of need.. opportunity cost I guess. I would have to agree Addison won't see time but in the same breath him being up with the club and getting the practice is invaluable experience, and atleast we (as in the coaching staff) get a chance to really evaluate a guy in a setting that normally wouldn't be possible. I just think its nice that after a trade we are having a conversation about a prospect that could potentially make a difference. Nice change of pace.
I think Addison was a really good get in that trade. 1st + Addison + Galchenyuk is much better than 1st (Pelletier) + Frolik, IMO

Reactions: StateofCelly

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
I think Addison was a really good get in that trade. 1st + Addison + Galchenyuk is much better than 1st (Pelletier) + Frolik, IMO

Even without knowing what that 1st will turn into, I think we came out okay. If Gally can get himself in gear and build any sort of relationship with Kaprizov that could be an added little bonus in that trade return too.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I wonder how much management is looking at Ryan Strome. It's a tough situation because he needs a new contract and he just came off a career year where he's probably looking to cash in, but he's a right shot center that's shown now more than once that he's capable of 50+ points if he's put in a position to succeed, and I think he could get there if you put him between Fiala or Kaprizov. I also don't even know if he's totally available, but at least some Rangers fans seem to think so. He's not the most attractive option, but he might be the most realistic and relatively cheap to acquire, and if it works out, it would solve the center issue (getting him extended) and the lack of right shots in the top 6.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Even without knowing what that 1st will turn into, I think we came out okay. If Gally can get himself in gear and build any sort of relationship with Kaprizov that could be an added little bonus in that trade return too.
Unless he's remarkably good in the playoffs, I don't see how Galchenyuk comes back next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->